Ched Evans

mainstand

141 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I consider alcoholics scum, apologies if this is a facist view but I've brought myself up to have an excellent relationship with alcohol so I detest those who haven't. Sorry.

Or a weakness of someone who has an addictive personality? For some people it's a condition that has to be managed. It may manifest in OCD, gambling, drugs or alcohol but some people just can't hack it.

There are only two people in the world know what transpired in that bedroom.One whom we have no idea who it is and the other whos every step is being rammed down our throat.

Most employers take on offenders having risk assesed their chances of re-offending and judging the applicant during interview.

that's where the problem lies, the alleged victim can't really remember what actually happened

I can only presume Craig is trolling. Absolutely no one deserves to be raped. No one. Doesn't matter how drunk they, how short their skirt is or how low their top is they do not deserve to be raped. Anyone of sound mind should not take advantage of a vulnerable person with the intention of forcing themselves on them.

IMO he has been rehabilitated and the state no longer see him as a threat to people. It just so happens he is a footballer. That's his job, he should be allowed to return to it. He probably should go and train with some non-league team until the criminal appeal is heard because the social media witch-hunt will follow him until then.

The case is a weird one and he categorically should not apologise if he sees himself as innocent.

best post on this thread

I have not read all the pages re Evans but as I live in Sheffield, he has been a topic of conversation for some time. I have heard both sides of the argument, many times, including the contribution made by the panellists on QT last night. He has been convicted in a court of law and until his case has been reviewed he should not be employed in football. If he was to get back into football before any decision is reached regarding his guilt/innocence, and he started scoring for fun he would soon assume iconic or cult status by fans including youngsters. Hero worshipping a rapist role model if guilt is confirmed is not a great scenario. That said convicted criminals have returned to the professional game following release from prison. Lee Hughes, Duncan Ferguson and Tony Adams spring to mind. Sheffield United, Hartlepool and Oldham decided against recruiting him for a variety of reasons and his apology hardly sounded sincere.

I sit on the fence until judgement day but I would hate to have to make a decision whether or not to end a 55 year old love affair with my home town club if he was to sign for Saints.

what did he he do ?

Caused death by dangerous driving & fled the scene (although he did turn himself in 36 hours later)

On the Ched Evan's topic, I read this yesterday, very interesting article which certainly does present some doubt. 

https://hat4uk.wordpress.com/2015/01/07/ched-evans-not-the-account-youre-being-given-by-the-mainstream-media/

The difference with Jordan Robertson was the admission of responsibility and the fact that he had apologised specifically for the act - therefore deserving of a second chance IMO.

:lol:  So a rapist who says sorry would be more acceptable than a wrongly convicted man fighting his corner?

Saying sorry shouldn't really come into it tbh, as most of the time it just words with no real feeling behind it.

If you get drunk to the point you can't control your actions then I don't care if you get raped, hit by a car or involved in a bar room brawl, you are an idiot and should control your intoxication better.

That's probably one of the worst posts I have ever read.