Ched Evans

mainstand

141 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The difference with Jordan Robertson was the admission of responsibility and the fact that he had apologised specifically for the act - therefore deserving of a second chance IMO.

But why would he accept responsibility if he believes he's innocent? The case is still ongoing at the moment. If he doesn't manage to clear his name, then I'd say accepting responsibility comes into it more.

But why would he accept responsibility if he believes he's innocent? The case is still ongoing at the moment. If he doesn't manage to clear his name, then I'd say accepting responsibility comes into it more.

Totally agree Kyle - hence my previous post that in the absence of the actual truth, a football club simply HAS to adopt the judicial system's decision.  That would equally apply to Morris and Goodwillie, who were both NOT convicted of rape.  

If he is innocent, I hope he successfully clears his name and plays football again.  That is a matter for the judicial system though, not a football club chairman or a set of football fans.

Edited by montrosesaintee

There are only two people in the world know what transpired in that bedroom.One whom we have no idea who it is and the other whos every step is being rammed down our throat.

Most employers take on offenders having risk assesed their chances of re-offending and judging the applicant during interview.

Evans is obviously a very seedy individual and his behaviour that night seems extremely poor. I do find it almost impossible with the evidence in the public domain to say beyond reasonable doubt that he raped the girl though and I'd not be shocked if the guilty verdict is overturned. Obviously the jury were in a better position than me to judge but from an outsider point of view there remains some doubt in the safety of the conviction.

In saying that, it would be a bad move from a commercial point of view so of course I wouldn't want him at Saints.

The answer is no for the same reason I was very wary of Morris and especially Badfannie joining our club. I think any guy can find themselves in the same situation as Morris , Evans and Badfannie if you let it get that far but you have a choice at that time.is.

And potentially the only difference there is better higher paid lawyers

Edited by Shaggy Jenkins

There are only two people in the world know what transpired in that bedroom.One whom we have no idea who it is and the other whos every step is being rammed down our throat.

Most employers take on offenders having risk assesed their chances of re-offending and judging the applicant during interview.

There was 3 of them in the room, Clayton mcdonald picked the girl off the street and took her back to a hotel where they were later joined by Evans, he knew exactly what he was upto!

In all the three instances described the girls were that drunk they had no idea what they were doing and it all boils down to choosing right and wrong.

I'm sorry, but that's wrong no matter what way you look at it and no matter how much the girl was "up for it".

Edited by Gordon Drummonds Perm

In all the three instances described the girls were that drunk they had no idea what they were doing and it all boils down to choosing right and wrong.

I'm sorry, but that's wrong no matter what way you look at it and no matter how much the girl was "up for it".

If a girl is up for it, it's not rape.

It's a really tough one. Not in the sense of would I accept him at Saints - given what's happened to other clubs I don't want that fallout on our doorstep. No way. However, the whole case is a difficult one.

In this case what is being described as rape will happen thousands of times every weekend in this country. How many on here have woken up the the morning after and thought - man, I regret that. That was a mistake?

What it definitely is, and what is rife in Footballers in particular, is a total lack of morals and respect for Women. However, you also have to question the morals of the women themselves who go back to hotels with Footballers at the drop of a hat.

He may be innocent. The case is wobbly has hell but he's no Angel ( and how is girlfriend has stuck by him I've no idea). He'll be lucky to find a club until his conviction goes away, if it ever does.

As mentioned above, he is appealing the ruling, so of course he is not going to 'admit' guilt. Also, he has been advised to say nothing by the lawyers (rightly or wrongly)...I think the statement yesterday should have come out sooner, but I'd assume that was not really his call.

As for Saints signing him, while he deserves to get on with his life after serving the sentence, I don't think we really need to get involved with all the aggro that would come with it.

One thing in all this, what happens if his appeal is upheld....legally he's no longer a rapist...wonder if that will change any opinions...doubt it.

There was 3 of them in the room, Clayton mcdonald picked the girl off the street and took her back to a hotel where they were later joined by Evans, he knew exactly what he was upto!

Funny how often there is another person involved in these cases.  One-upmanship and acting the big man often plays a role in these scenarios.  Disgusting really.

If you get drunk to the point you can't control your actions then I don't care if you get raped, hit by a car or involved in a bar room brawl, you are an idiot and should control your intoxication better.

What a stupid thing to say, utter fanny.

Every single one of us has drank to excess at somepoint so that means we deserved to be raped or run down by a car? I think your the idiot!

Edited by pitsjfc

Every single one of us has drank to excess at somepoint

Believe it or not, there are plenty people in the world who arn't reckless ****wits determined to drink themselves into incoherency.

But No, No, No, let's all pretend it's alight to get inebriated to the point of not being able to control yourself because it makes you a proper lad. **** right off.

Edited by craiginasaintsstrip

Believe it or not, there are plenty people in the world who arn't reckless ****wits determined to drink themselves into incoherency.

But No, No, No, let's all pretend it's alight to get inebriated to the point of not being able to control yourself because it makes you a proper lad. **** right off.

Trolling about rape. What a sad life you must lead.

Did I say constantly doing it? Idiot. Everyone at somepoint in their life has drank more than they can handle so they deserved to be raped?

If you get drunk to the point you can't control your actions then I don't care if you get raped, hit by a car or involved in a bar room brawl, you are an idiot and should control your intoxication better.

I feel sorry for you that you feel that way. I have helped many a good mate (man and woman) home when they have been totally shit faced when I would rather have been tucked up in bed. Glad your not my mate. Hope when you have a loved one or kids, you just dont leave them lying in the gutter if they are a bit out of it. Worst post Ive read on here.    

Edited by AthensSaint

I feel sorry for you that you feel that way. I have helped many a good mate (man and woman) home when they have been totally shit faced when I would rather have been tucked up in bed. Glad your not my mate.   

All I can say is good on you. I fail to have any sympathy for anyone who has drunk themselves into a state.

Everyone at somepoint in their life has drank more than they can handle

Really. I'm pretty sure there are plenty people out there who have a great relationship with alcohol ie: not using it.

Edited by craiginasaintsstrip