Nice Hotel In Or Close To Town Centre

henryhallsdanceband

Looking for a nice hotel or guest house to stay for a night early Feb.  In town centre or within maybe 10-15mins walk.  Suggestions please.  Under a £100 would be nice :)

Perth has a new Premier inn which opened in September. Slap bang in the middle of town next to the concert hall across the road from Marks & Spencer. With it just being new I think you will be hard pressed to get anything comparable. You will be close to the shops, bars & restaurants. No taxis required. I think you will easily get a room within your budget

I had a gawp in the Premier Inn, a couple of weeks ago, and it looked quite nice inside.

Otherwise, the Royal George is nice and does a brilliant substantial cooked breakfast and other stuff. Rooms are clean and tidy. They're doing a twin room deal + brekkie for £99 just now.

Queens Hotel is dated and a bit shabby but good breakfasts. They have a small pool, sauna and fitness room.

as many have peviously posted, theres pretty much nowt in perth city centre. Altho as WS posted, theres budget hotels these days in town, but if youre looking for somewhere "nice" to stay, murrayshall would be the closest.

For me and the Mrs.  Heading down from Inverness and she wants to have a look around Perth.  So could stop a bit further north (Dunkeld House Hotel anyone?) and then stop off in town,  What about between Dunkeld and Perth?  Will have a look at Murrayshall and Royal George,  OK with Prem Inns but would tend to stay in these sort of places a fair bit so looking for something different for a change

Checked our date and can get a double room at Murrayshall for £89 for the night we'd be staying.  £106 with breakfast.  Sounds good?

Premier Inn in town centre gets good reviews mind...£74 in breakfast

Edited by henryhallsdanceband

theres no doubt the quality of budget hotels in perth have increased exponentially in the past few recent years, but theyre still are budget hotels. The bad old days of the dunkeld road B&Bs are hopefully just that, altho there was the odd one that was worth staying in.

I only make it back to perth a few times each year these days, so realistically my hotel reviews could be hit and miss. The question should be, do you want the your wife to have a quality stay, or is it just somewhere to sleep?

theres no doubt the quality of budget hotels in perth have increased exponentially in the past few recent years, but theyre still are budget hotels. The bad old days of the dunkeld road B&Bs are hopefully just that, altho there was the odd one that was worth staying in.

I only make it back to perth a few times each year these days, so realistically my hotel reviews could be hit and miss. The question should be, do you want the your wife to have a quality stay, or is it just somewhere to sleep?

reDunkeld Road _ Feck does that mean

Checked our date and can get a double room at Murrayshall for £89 for the night we'd be staying.  £106 with breakfast.  Sounds good?

Premier Inn in town centre gets good reviews mind...£74 in breakfast

it will take a lot longer than 15 mins to walk from Murryshall to the centre of Perth 

reDunkeld Road _ Feck does that mean

pretty simple really.. the majorityof B&Bs on the dunkeld road used to be, well, substandard. Not somewhere that would encourage visitors to revisit. Lets face facts. some were pretty nasty.

Given past experience, why would i risk staying in a dodgy B&b when i could stay in a relatively nice hotel at similar price?

it will take a lot longer than 15 mins to walk from Murryshall to the centre of Perth 

theres no doubt murrayshall isnt a short walk from the town centre. but i dont believe theres a nice hotel in Perth city centre.

theres certainly cheap, affordable, comfortable ones, but a nice place to take your wife for the weekend?

I suppose that is determined by what you think is nice

pretty simple really.. the majorityof B&Bs on the dunkeld road used to be, well, substandard. Not somewhere that would encourage visitors to revisit. Lets face facts. some were pretty nasty.

Given past experience, why would i risk staying in a dodgy B&b when i could stay in a relatively nice hotel at similar price?

Ionly ask as my missus works in one,a lovley family run one at that, cheaper and better than some of the hotels

And the chance you are being web camed by the owner when you are acting a bit frisky with the missus :shock:

The Isle of Skye hotel on the Dundee road (or Toby Travelodge I think its now called) do twin rooms for about £32.

Don't know about double rooms.

Haven't stayed there, tho someone else on here might be able to offer an opinion.

The breakfast is extra and "eat as much as you like".

At £3.99 it is excellent value.

The Isle of Skye hotel on the Dundee road (or Toby Travelodge I think its now called) do twin rooms for about £32.

Don't know about double rooms.

Haven't stayed there, tho someone else on here might be able to offer an opinion.

The breakfast is extra and "eat as much as you like".

At £3.99 it is excellent value.

Food isn't too bad but I found the cleanliness of the room sub-standard. Good for parking.

Mrs Me decided that we didn't need anything fancy - so booked Premier Inn for £56 for the two of us - £74 if we want breakfast,  That's good enough for me. Thanks to all for all the suggestions.

Part II - somewhere nice to eat.  Putting aside Indian, Chinese, Italian and chains such as Cafe Rouge - unless there is somewhere of that sort that is very special.  My cousin who lives in Blairgowrie will no doubt know of places (and we'll be meeting up with him and his wife) but they'll always like to try somewhere new they maybe haven't tried or thought of before

Edited by henryhallsdanceband

Mrs Me decided that we didn't need anything fancy - so booked Premier Inn for £56 for the two of us - £74 if we want breakfast,  That's good enough for me. Thanks to all for all the suggestions.

Part II - somewhere nice to eat.  Putting aside Indian, Chinese, Italian and chains such as Cafe Rouge - unless there is somewhere of that sort that is very special.  My cousin who lives in Blairgowrie will no doubt know of places (and we'll be meeting up with him and his wife) but they'll always like to try somewhere new they maybe haven't tried or thought of before

If you fancy a sit in chippy, Marini's up by St Catherines retail park is fantastic and does really nice ice cream.

Speaking of Blairgowie there's a restaurant at the end of Rattary called The Old Cross, absolute gem of a place.

No Cafe Rouge in Perth, but try any of the French Restaurants: Cafe Tabou, Breizh, Sante, and Pig Halle all really excellent food and great service.