Nice Hotel In Or Close To Town Centre

henryhallsdanceband

I remember when the cafe in Dicksons garage on the Dunkeld Road was one of the first places in town to have a microwave.  It was a big deal to get a microwaved meal there. 

In the same vein I mind when my college cafe started selling Pot Noodles soon after they had hit the shelves and were 'new' to us.  The wifey serving made a real fuss about getting the right amount of water in the pot; making sure the foil lid was neatly back in place while the noodles were 'prepared'; and gave us instructions on when it would be ready to consume :)

Edited by henryhallsdanceband

In the same vein I mind when my college cafe started selling Pot Noodles soon after they had hit the shelves and were 'new' to us.  The wifey serving made a real fuss about getting the right amount of water in the pot; making sure the foil lid was neatly back in place while the noodles were 'prepared'; and gave us instructions on when it would be ready to consume :)

As an ex-student, i can confirm she was right in every respect. The prep of a potnoodle is at least as difficult as a 3 bird roast. You dont want soup, you dont want stodge, Its not like you just boil the kettle and pour in the water!

Pies on the other hand, are delicious inside a football stadium, but not so appealing outside. Anyone from outside scotland always questions why the meat is grey?  Not something i could ever answer, ive never see grey meat anywhere else. Anyone know?

Was it not oor Aggie from Muirton Park than cooked there?

You are quite right Jings. I used to pal about with her laddie when we were at primary school. Our school was right across the road from dicksons on the Dunkeld road. We used to pop in to see Aggie for our lunch every now and again.

Edited by jazzsaint

Stayed in a few Premier Inn's and they really do have the best beds, as they claim. I usually find the pillows and mattresses in hotels to be crap and so struggle to sleep but every Premier Inn I've stayed in I've slept very well. The new one in Perth looks nicer than most as well due to the fact it's so new. If I was going to book a hotel in Perth, that's where I would stay. Can't beat it for location and all amenities will be new and modern. Perth has been lacking a decent central hotel for a while. The others seem so dated now.

Couldn't agree more. I've only ever stayed in the Lovat in Perth. A few months later i stayed in a Premier Inn in sunny East Kilbride - pretty much everything about the Premier Inn was vastly superior to what we had in the Lovat - better staff/service, better shower, nicer room - and it was less than half the price. I occasionally go into some of the other Perth hotels for work do's etc, and they do seem pretty dated.

The Sally was excellent value and we will return again. It is in need of a bit of cosmetic surgery and is due for refurbishment soon apparently but there was nothing wrong with our room which was huge by the way. Big thanks to Nuggets. Great hotel and great fitba match. In the words of slf - BRAW!