Scottish Cup Game At Dumfries

glenrothes saintee

At the moment am on the barossa.they are booked intae the club at the football ground.i fully expect to escape and head tae a booze in the toon.wheres erchie taking ye ? Or are ye getting dropped in the toon centre .

Locherbriggs social club for the Tulloch crew !

As the Edinburgh Saints are coming here I thought it would only be courteous to cme and make sure that the quality is up to standard. Service and quality excellent as always but I think I had better come in tomorrow after my return from Motherwell just to make sure.(ps I am talking of the Crown in Peebles with family connections to The Grill of the 70s/ early 80s.)

As the Edinburgh Saints are coming here I thought it would only be courteous to cme and make sure that the quality is up to standard. Service and quality excellent as always but I think I had better come in tomorrow after my return from Motherwell just to make sure.(ps I am talking of the Crown in Peebles with family connections to The Grill of the 70s/ early 80s.)

The Grill was a brilliant pub in the early 80,s when Sparky worked in it , the music was top drawer

If they don't open the terrace and we bring more than the seating area can hold are supporters who don't buy an advanced ticket going to be left disappointed/go in the home end, after going down all that way? Or can they open it as a last minute thing which I think would be difficult?

Edited by pitsjfc

I don't think anythings changed from the original plan. If we look like we're taking over a 1000 they open the terrace. The more that buy match tickets in advance the better..

And if folk don't buy tickets in advance ( I am one of many that I know of ) there could be a case of trying to cram too many fans into the seated area, before they realise that the other area will need to be opened as kick off approaches.

Stand by for the stampede if the crowd forecast is correct.

Comment on P & B from a QOS fan:

Several extra stewards would be required. Stewarding numbers are based on the number of entrances and exits in use, and the number of pitch access gates that need manned, not the crowd size. The away terrace doesnt have any toilets so if it is opened portaloos need to be hired and brought in. The police may well decide their risk assessment increases with the terrace being opened and increase their numbers.The pie shop at that end would need to be staffed and stocked and all the associated equipment run for a couple of hours.

Hibs suggested they would bring more fans than they did and did bring more away fans than there were seats for them, just, but the main point there is that as a league match season tickets were valid and moving the segregation point in the stand, whilst possible, does cause ill feeling with season ticket holders. The Chairman (rightly imo) gave an undertaking in pre-season not to do it if it wasn't necessary, finance not always being the deciding factor as Cammy says. That isnt the case here though where season tickets arent valid and moving the segregation point if need be is a much easier solution, certainly on the day of the game.

We will have a look at St Johnstone's advance sale numbers by midweek and make a plan but at the moment the intention is not to open it.