Half Time Entertainment

Zamora Fan

I know this is being discussed in individual match threads but thought it might be useful to have an individual topic just on entertainment so people can post their ideas, would also make it easy for Ross to see when he visits WAP which I'm sure he does as part of his role at the club.

Personally I quite enjoyed the crossbar challenge on Saturday but as already mentioned it would be useful to move closer to the goal. Overall I think variety is important- the kids running at goal from halfway was good at first but the crowd got less involved and more bored as it was done every week. It could be good if it was used occasionally when the bigger teams visit, could perhaps have teams of kids from saints and kids from dundee/aberdeen/celtic etc competing against each other as it would add an edge and hopefully get the away fans involved in creating an atmosphere at half time.

Interested to hear others thoughts and ideas on half time entertainment?

Edited by Zamora Fan

Hearing this will continue,with 3 st holders getting a call per game

On Saturday night I said that hitting the crossbar from the halfway line was next to impossible. My son has said on far too many occasions since that he could easily reach that distance.

Is it possible to arrange for his name to be miraculously drawn out of the hat soon? Preferably while the pitch is still muddy.

Can I borrow a pair of boots if I am selected for cross bar challenge. Those who can't kick a ball should be excluded.. A screening test should be done in the morning.

An idea is penalty kicks into a board that covers the goals. Top postage stamp small hole wins jackpot. Larger hole in middle of goal wins a prize say £10 gift voucher and a medium difficulty hole wins a lunch . From memory I think we did this year's ago. Also mind we had win a car prize but memory escapes me to what was involved.

Edited by Dave H

The chances of a season ticket punter hitting the cross bar in their jeans and shoes/trainers is very unlikely. 

But given taht the season ticket holder knows about it then they can take boots etc with them. Not like they are getting picked out of the crowd with 2 mins notice.

I ahve actually done the crossbar challenge form the half way line with a group of under 19s and all of them gave it a good go with several hitting it.

This will continue for a while and on Friday, for the Aberdeen game, the ball will be kicked from a midpoint between the centre circle and the penalty box D. All the kickers are slected at random by Ross and called up during the week, some refuse to do it some are dead keen but they all know to bring boots to change into at half time. :)