Saints V. Aberdeen 23/1/15

glenrothes saintee

Wished I'd managed to make it down for the game now, but know I would've been too pumped up for the return trip north with the baa ing ar5e holes.

Never mind, the humble pie which they will have to eat come Monday, served by me will be satisfying enough.

Saints should've been more clinical with the chances by the sound of it.

Any chance of this game being the catalyst for the final push and the cup games.

They should play like that every game anyway

COYS :cool:  

So often, Saints on telly been a real disappointment, but that was great. Would have loved the three points but fair result in the end. Both sides will think 'if only...' There were that many good chances.

Lots of positives: Lappin, great goal and all round good performance, Kane, really positive, nice touches. Mannus, consistently saves points for us. I thought Muzz did well too. Best of all, that was a great team response after the shocker on Tuesday. Shows they have enough to compete with the best in this league.

Great game. very good performance from all the first eleven. Considering that back four was put together at the last min and Scobbie's been out for so long they were outstanding.

Davidson looked like he was getting back to his old game. Croft worked hard up and down the wing and Kane looked like he's been playing up there all season. 

That was easily the best we've played all season. I think most of us feared the worst after Tuesday night but what a response and but for the post and Madden bottling the penalty decisions we could have been celebrating a great win. Beaston and Lappin were outstanding and I saw more in Chris Kane in 75 minutes than I have in Graham all season.

Well done Saints. Pride restored. Unlucky not to win it at the death. Some great performances and a brilliant work rate. I really thought we would get well beaten tonight. Draw about a fair result ( I think.) Need to see the possible penalty where Kane looked very much to me like he was pulled back. I may be wrong but it looked nailed on to me and would have also meant the Dons being reduced to 10 men. Both keeper pulled of some outstanding saves though. Really enjoyed the game. COYS.

We've rode our luck and don't really deserve to be in front, they have been overly physical all game, Lappins goal was class, 10 yards further back and it was almost a copy of Zidanes famous volley against Real Madrid. Davidson has been a bit anonymous so far and Spoony hasn't been at his best. Exciting match so far. COYS.

Eh?

You wot?

As far as the team is concerned, that is the best I've seen us play all season. Our defence looked a bit shaky as the match wore on, but it was a makeshift defence after all. Congrats to Lappin on his goal. A very well-taken one. I liked our shape today and I'm feeling quite positive about the rest of the season.

I thought Murray Davidson was much better tonight than he has been at any other point this season. I was so happy to see him making more of an impact, as I feared before the match that this may be his last chance to impress. I thought Kane was excellent before running out of steam in the second half and making a couple of basic errors. Genuinely excited at the prospect of a MacLean-Kane partnership. I really think it will work. A very good debut. Alan Mannus also had a good game, keeping us in the match on a number of occasions. Having said that, we could have won the game and maybe would have merited it overall. 

Finally, congrats to Simon Lappin on his goal. Keep it up.