St Johnstone Fan Fined

Guest Nairn Saint

the only reason anyone pleaded guilty is to get a smaller fine. unless you know what your talking about why post mainstand

It's called a forum, where people give views and anyway what are you on about?

I along with a number of others on here were advised taht there had been no charges and no arrests? So you were innocent but just pleady guilty so that your fine would be smaller? If you were innocent then surely you had nothing to worry about :roll:

It's called a forum, where people give views and anyway what are you on about?

I along with a number of others on here were advised taht there had been no charges and no arrests? So you were innocent but just pleady guilty so that your fine would be smaller? If you were innocent then surely you had nothing to worry about :roll:

i plead guilty, only so that i would not have to get a solicter or travel expenses or tell my bosses why i would need the day off! but i or many of the others done **** all!

this story keeps goin on an on in different threads, if all those people who maintain they dont want the good name of the club kept gettin dragged down, why keep postin new threads?? :evil:

well said davey good point. mainstand yeah i know this is a form were people post opinions but how can you have an opinion about something you clearly know so little about. i have been going to saints games since before i can remember. had never even been spoken to by the police before and im now banned for trying to defend myself

well said davey good point. mainstand yeah i know this is a form were people post opinions but how can you have an opinion about something you clearly know so little about. i have been going to saints games since before i can remember. had never even been spoken to by the police before and im now banned for trying to defend myself

My opinion is based on what people have posted on here in previous threads.

The point myself and many others made at the time was surely it would have been better to wait until they had been found guilty of being in trouble... innocent until proven guilty... in the meanwhile, a letter saying we've got our eyes on you would suffice...

As for this great family club tradition... some of the guys who are best known as Saints fans are not famous for their angelic past! If we gave a life ban to everyone who had been in trouble at games in the past I'd say we'd have about half the support we do currently, when you take into account the person, their family, their friends, people they've encouraged through the years etc...

I agree that innocent people get caught up in it for the reasons I stated. Of course Kev we've always been in scraps but most of the stuff I remember were spontaneous and in and around the ground (pre 80's).

What is different now is the organisation of violance in and around public areas. The police and the club were obviously aware of something and there was intelligence operations going on. I was sitting in the Plough Inn last season and the police came in and spoke to the bar staff and all the customers telling us what the casual element looked like compared to the normal Airdrie fan and keep a lookout. As it happened they did act differently when they came in and caused problems, one of which was to throw a glass at the bar just missing a barmaid.. Further along Rannoch Road some of them got picked up and maybe one of them was innocent. Yet there had been Airdrie fans in there before they came and it was good banter. What is the Scottish public view of Airdrie fans? Certainly not that of the decent lads.

I don't understand why (if it was such a great injustice) people chose to plead guilty. Is that what things are coming to these days?

My reason for pleading guilty is the fact that it was alot easier than having to pay for a few trips to inverness, losing days pay from work, solicitors fees, and probably still get a fine for some stupid thing they would charge us with. So i plead guilty, accepted a reduced fine, and that was the end of it.

My reason for pleading guilty is the fact that it was alot easier than having to pay for a few trips to inverness, losing days pay from work, solicitors fees, and probably still get a fine for some stupid thing they would charge us with. So i plead guilty, accepted a reduced fine, and that was the end of it.

Fair enough, i still think its shocking that people who are innocent of anything will plead guilty as it's less hassle. Bit of an eyeopener.

I agree that innocent people get caught up in it for the reasons I stated. Of course Kev we've always been in scraps but most of the stuff I remember were spontaneous and in and around the ground (pre 80's).

What is different now is the organisation of violance in and around public areas. The police and the club were obviously aware of something and there was intelligence operations going on. I was sitting in the Plough Inn last season and the police came in and spoke to the bar staff and all the customers telling us what the casual element looked like compared to the normal Airdrie fan and keep a lookout. As it happened they did act differently when they came in and caused problems, one of which was to throw a glass at the bar just missing a barmaid.. Further along Rannoch Road some of them got picked up and maybe one of them was innocent. Yet there had been Airdrie fans in there before they came and it was good banter. What is the Scottish public view of Airdrie fans? Certainly not that of the decent lads.

it has said in a few newspapers that the was something organised between hearts and saints which is lies. we are banned for being involved in an incident which involves the club why is duff not banned for his wee driving lesson he represents the club 24/7

Hmm, plead guilty for a crime you did not commit, then get a criminal record hanging round your neck for the rest of your life so that when you apply for a job you have to declare it or if someone does a Criminal Records Office check on you it shows up.

Obviously the smartest thing to be doing - NOT!! :roll:

it has said in a few newspapers that the was something organised between hearts and saints which is lies. we are banned for being involved in an incident which involves the club why is duff not banned for his wee driving lesson he represents the club 24/7

To be quite honest between reading the papers and the posts on here there is definitely a lot of confusion. Initially we were getting told nobody was arrested and that the club were wrong. The newspapers said that the club had been given their names and there had to be a clamp down on this kind of violance surrounding sports events, normally just football. The clubs are being watched as much as the fans as Rangers may find out soon from EUFA. OK so if it was a spontaneous incident in Inverness city centre with no prearranged intention for trouble knowing that Hearts were there and if anybody was innocent do as one has at least and go up without a solicitor and just state your case when it's your turn to speak. That is perfectly allowable at that level of court proceedings. If people can pay to go up and watch a game of football with associated food and beverage surely they can go up and state their case of innocence .......... unless they are guilty and fear that CCTV has filmed something.

One thing that really annoys me now and although it has laways been there it's more prevalent now is walking into a pub wi your dad who has played by the rules all his life and the person behind the bar says 'Sorry No Football Colours!' :twisted: Why? Why should he get discriminated for the actions of others? It's really common everywhere now unless you're close to the stadiums where their income depends on it.

I think we'd lose even more supporters if we banned everyone who'd been involved in a driving incident. :)

I'm not sure why so many people dislike the SJFC board considering what they have done for a town which over three decades has lost much of its football loving public yet they still manage to run a successful wee club. Compare it to the catchment areas of Dundee and livi or the finances of Gretna. Many of the things that they are unpopular for are legislative things in conjunction with the police and health & safety. If the police are telling Saints they had a problem with some fans who were casuals and they didn't take any action it would be them who were at odds with the police. It's the same with Rock Steady who have part of their remit to uphold Health & Safety and so when people are acting as if they may cause a situation in the ground where someone may get hurt they point it out to the fan(s) involved. If somebody fell over and snapped his or her neck you're not telling me that these same people wouldn't take Saints to court (with their Mummy and Daddy's support). Saints can't micro manage the actions of Rock Steady who take their own decisions wiuthin their remit but may take that remit too far at times.

I Judge Ronaldo stand for truth, justice and the pursuit of orgasms.

Just to raise another point, some of the 22 haven't been charged and they are still banned. That is hardly fair.

If it was me I would write to the club (Mr Brown/Mr Duff) stating that although we were picked up and apprehended with the others we weren't involved and that the action by the club is totally unfair and without substance. First write to the police and get admission of no charge and then forward that accompanying your letter.

If it was me I would write to the club (Mr Brown/Mr Duff) stating that although we were picked up and apprehended with the others we weren't involved and that the action by the club is totally unfair and without substance. First write to the police and get admission of no charge and then forward that accompanying your letter.

ronaldo you have a lot to say on this matter ,its just a pity that its all bollocks.

I believe 3 solicitors letters have been sent to the club detailing this information (1 to Mr Duff and 2 to Mr Brown at £200 a pop) with no responce.

Rickardo, Beej, Tranmere Saint :) -

1. Are you saying the club is badly run?

2. Are you saying OC is making bad decisions?

3. Are you saying that the 22 are innocent?

4. Are you saying some did cause trouble and others were innocent and have not had their appeal heard?

5. Are you saying the police were wrong?

6. Are you saying they were not casuals?

7. Are you saying Saints are so badly run we're ina worse state than say Partick, Dundee and Morton (on their way back)?

8. Are you saying the club should not act against casuals?

9. Are you saying that Saints through Rock Steady are not responsible for Health & Safety?

10. Are you saying that everything the club does is wrong and you just want a good moan?

What are you saying cos I'm lost? Give me a 10 point plan on the way forward. :idea:

:wink:

Rickardo, Beej, Tranmere Saint :) -

1. Are you saying the club is badly run?

2. Are you saying OC is making bad decisions?

3. Are you saying that the 22 are innocent?

4. Are you saying some did cause trouble and others were innocent and have not had their appeal heard?

5. Are you saying the police were wrong?

6. Are you saying they were not casuals?

7. Are you saying Saints are so badly run we're ina worse state than say Partick, Dundee and Morton (on their way back)?

8. Are you saying the club should not act against casuals?

9. Are you saying that Saints through Rock Steady are not responsible for Health & Safety?

10. Are you saying that everything the club does is wrong and you just want a good moan?

What are you saying cos I'm lost? Give me a 10 point plan on the way forward. :idea:

:wink:

What I was saying was that I think it is unfair that people are banned when there are no criminal charges against them and also that it is wrong that Mr Duff And Mr Brown have ignored several phone calls and 3 solicitors letters asking for an explanation why this is so.

I could answer the other points if you like but I don't have any strong opinions on most of them.

I don't want to comment on the Inverness incident as I wasn't there.

But am I correct in thinking that once people have plead guilty or been found guilty that they can now be taken back to court for a Footbal Banning order for 10 years from any football match???

Can't be taken back to court for that i dont think. If the incident was after the date of the new banning orders then they can get the ban - which is up to 10 years and if broken a jail sentence and hefty fine, including passports being takes from them when the national team is playing abroad. I was informed during my case that due to the date of the incident and the date of the banning orders - nobody that was found guilty, or plead guilty, could be given it.