Subway

THE LARK SAINT

Many food additives are there to make the food last longer, cost less, look more appealing, change the colour, make the ingredients taste better than they are. All of which are supposed to make you buy more, spend more money and generate more profit. I can't think of a single food additive that's good for the person eating it.

Additives half the reason people are so overweight, people not aware how it affects them, Think back to pre Mdonalds and fast food outlets, hardly anyone was overweight unless they had a Medical condition.

I like the occasional Subway, despite the additives / calories

But, then again, I don't drink much alcohol, and cycle to work most days, so counter balance the intake

Folk who get fat eat all the 'bad' stuff (Subway, McD's etc) but also don't get off their arse to do anything to balance it out, then blame it on the company's who serve them (after they are obviously dragged kicking and screaming into that establishment)

Many food additives are there to make the food last longer, cost less, look more appealing, change the colour, make the ingredients taste better than they are. All of which are supposed to make you buy more, spend more money and generate more profit. I can't think of a single food additive that's good for the person eating it.

How do you know that though ? Fair enough there's loads of chemicals and shite in fast food ,but how can anybody possibly claim that not eating it you won't be a fat b****** anyway? Nobody actually knows these things it's probably true but nobody really knows , it's all claims from so called experts .

I'm no great fan of fast foods (apart from the ever so doss KFC ) but if it tastes good in my book it's there to be devoured.

Your a long time dead.

I was that fat b******. Eating too much of everything, especially meat, and not getting any exercise. My medical in Feb 2014 the guy who checked me out actually I knew from 30 years ago and had lost touch so it was a surprise to see him again. At the end he said good news and bad news Thommo. Gimme the bad first I said. "You've got necrotising fasciitis, aka the flesh-eating bug". Fack me what's the good news? "You've got 40 years to live you fat b******,"

So in March last year I decided to cut out meat, caffeine, junk food, have two days off the piss every week and walk 40 miles a week. It worked, I lost five stone :)

How do you know that though ? Fair enough there's loads of chemicals and shite in fast food ,but how can anybody possibly claim that not eating it you won't be a fat b****** anyway? Nobody actually knows these things it's probably true but nobody really knows , it's all claims from so called experts .

I'm no great fan of fast foods (apart from the ever so doss KFC ) but if it tastes good in my book it's there to be devoured.

Your a long time dead.

If you look back I never said anything about junk food making folk fat, I just said additives are not good for you.

If you look back I never said anything about junk food making folk fat, I just said additives are not good for you.

Aye true but what is good for you ? Christ what's good for you today or next week will give you bloody cancer next year .The bottom line is that nobody really knows , that's all .

Well done in losing all that weight by the way,

Subway is good for lunch. Can be a bit hit and miss depending on how well the staff make your sandwich. Footlong chicken breast, cheese and toasted, lettuce, peppers, jalapeños, gherkins and Mayo.

On Nandos, people seem to judge it against the wrong places, it's a place to go when you want a casual meal out. A chicken pitta with halloumi, piri chips and some wings is a cracking meal.

Subway was mobbed the other day. A prime example of why small quality businesses can really struggle in this country.

I'm not against Subway myself (although the additives and crap in their food puts me off personally), but when there are places like Duo and Delicious producing a much better standard of food it's a shame to see places like Subway clearly prospering.

Subway was mobbed the other day. A prime example of why small quality businesses can really struggle in this country.

I'm not against Subway myself (although the additives and crap in their food puts me off personally), but when there are places like Duo and Delicious producing a much better standard of food it's a shame to see places like Subway clearly prospering.

Funnily, I have been past there 3 times this week and not seen a customer in there!!