Joma

dave mc

We hear quite a bit about the Joma deal meaning we get bespoke home tops.

If this is the case, who gave the brief for this and what did they actually ask for?

It's really not good at all. No matter how much you squint your eyes...

It is all about personal choice. It is not good at all in your eyes but obviously in the eyes of those taht chose the top and a fair few on here it is a nice top.

As for the brief and what they asked for I suspect it was a blue and white top with something different.

It would have been easier for the Club and TTL to go down the stock strip route and given a top out of the brochure but that was not what fans wanted either. 

And anyway Kevin James a change of name to gok wan would be more appropriate.

It is all about personal choice. It is not good at all in your eyes but obviously in the eyes of those taht chose the top and a fair few on here it is a nice top.

As for the brief and what they asked for I suspect it was a blue and white top with something different.

It would have been easier for the Club and TTL to go down the stock strip route and given a top out of the brochure but that was not what fans wanted either.

And anyway Kevin James a change of name to gok wan would be more appropriate.

Oooooh someone's a bit defensive! If I could change my username, I would, just to keep you happy my friend.

I'm well aware that it's about personal choice. Thanks for clearing that up though, my hero. My opinion is that it's a rank rotten top, and although a "fair few on here" think it's alright, the majority of comments that I've seen online and from people I've spoken to are not that positive.

Some will like it, some won't, some will buy it because they like it, some won't because they don't, and some will buy it because they always buy a saints top. It's what happens every year.

Moving on though, because you obviously don't want to see or hear anything bad written about this masterpiece, the sponsorship deal sounds interesting and like a positive move. It's good to see saints continuing to build links with the community and doing something a bit different that can be spun into a positive story for the papers. I wonder what the full deal involves, though.

Oooooh someone's a bit defensive! If I could change my username, I would, just to keep you happy my friend.

I'm well aware that it's about personal choice. Thanks for clearing that up though, my hero. My opinion is that it's a rank rotten top, and although a "fair few on here" think it's alright, the majority of comments that I've seen online and from people I've spoken to are not that positive.

Some will like it, some won't, some will buy it because they like it, some won't because they don't, and some will buy it because they always buy a saints top. It's what happens every year.

Moving on though, because you obviously don't want to see or hear anything bad written about this masterpiece, the sponsorship deal sounds interesting and like a positive move. It's good to see saints continuing to build links with the community and doing something a bit different that can be spun into a positive story for the papers. I wonder what the full deal involves, though.

Not defensive at all merely stating my PERSONAL opinion. I am still undecided, I think it will be better waiting to see it rather than making a judgement solely based on a  photograph.

It is strange I have been of the view in Clackmannanshire taht the Council has no place or right to be spending public money on sponsoring a football team. If this is solely public money then again I am unsure whether it is something that the Council should be getting involved in. If it, however, money that is paid in by local businesses in order to promote the City then that is different. Is Invest in Perth merely the Council or a consortium of different bodies?

I doubt if this is a money spinner for the Club and maybe an announcement soon of a third sponsor will be more lucrative, you never know.

Edited by mainstand

We hear quite a bit about the Joma deal meaning we get bespoke home tops.

If this is the case, who gave the brief for this and what did they actually ask for?

Personally I'm not overly bothered about whether the shirt is bespoke or off the shelf - I just want a decent Saints top, and there were plenty in the Joma catalogue that I'd have been happy with.

That said, if bespoke is an option, I'd love to see a bit of proper Saints tartan trim around the home kit in future seasons. Not all over the shirt, but just a touch of it around the neckline or cuffs.

Not defensive at all merely stating my PERSONAL opinion. I am still undecided, I think it will be better waiting to see it rather than making a judgement solely based on a  photograph.

It is strange I have been of the view in Clackmannanshire taht the Council has no place or right to be spending public money on sponsoring a football team. If this is solely public money then again I am unsure whether it is something that the Council should be getting involved in. If it, however, money that is paid in by local businesses in order to promote the City then that is different. Is Invest in Perth merely the Council or a consortium of different bodies?

I doubt if this is a money spinner for the Club and maybe an announcement soon of a third sponsor will be more lucrative, you never know.

------------------------------

I agree with the Clackmannanshire view. The club is receiving part of the "rent economy", public money which never actually reaches further down the money stream than a sponsorship deal with one of the biggest brands in the town. Invest In Perth can now invite their "Jack Warners" to the St Johnstone matches, with a wee lounge etc.

It is also advertising to ....mainly to Perth, and the few away grounds etc. We are never on TV so forget the media bit. :)

I like the top!

:)

Edited by MySpazz

Can't imagine they're paying for it. Hearts got ridiculously positive PR for their shirt sponsor when reality it was just a normal sponsorship deal backed by a wealthy benefactor who decided to donate it to save the children or whatever charity they have

I'd assume it's something similair. I like the sponsors this year- ties into the local community.

Amazes me the pricing of football strips.

TTL are advertising the Saints strips at £35 kids and £40 adults.

Bearing in mind the fact that the kids tops have no VAT and VAT is 20% the kids strips are actually more expensive than the adult strips.

Age 2-4 kids saints strip only £35 for a top. Scotland strip and shorts £35. Just seen Celtics new kit kids shorts strip and socks for £38.

Edited by mainstand