Celtic V St Johnstone. Wednesday 4Th March 2015

PauloPerth

Celtic Park, 1945 kick off.

Celtic have won 8 games in a row and are in great form after beating second place Aberdeen 4-0 on Sunday.

Saints are on a run of 1 win, 3 draws and 1 defeat in our last 5 matches.

The match at McDiarmid 2 weeks ago was the hardest test Celtic have had domestically throughout their current run, and after a lot of big games recently the match on Wednesday might prove difficult for them to get motivated for. This could be a great time to play them, and hopefully Saints play at a high tempo and make it hard for them to settle from the start.

Will we see a change in formation to one upfront, or will Tommy stick with Kane and Maclean as in the past 2 games..?

Take anything from this game and it's a huge bonus in our push for a top 6 place.

Should just go for it.

Although Celtic beat Aberdeen 4-0 yesterday, the Dons had a few decent chances nearer the start. Any of them gone in and it could have been a decent game.

I'm not making it Wednesday. Got the wee man and it's far too late for getting him home.

I take it that it's not on TV? This'll be Celtic's game in hand from their break that no other Scottish team could take nor indeed afford.

Had we won against Kilmarnock on Saturday this would essentially be a freebie for us. Not quite that anymore. Would be happy enough to avoid a heavy defeat, though given the way our last match against Celtic went there's no reason we can't trouble them. They've had a heavy schedule and you'd hope that given they've taken a massive step towards the title on Sunday they might take their eye off the ball? Wishful thinking perhaps.

A point would be a superb result here. Not hopeful.

Had Aberdeen beaten Celtic yesterday would have expected Celtic to be up for the game and given Saints a decent humping BUT now that they have won the pressure is on them to maintain a winning streak -Somehow tho I think RD will be looking towards their cup ties and MAY rest players on Wednesday so hopefully Saints can take at least a point off them BUT its not going to be more essential than the games against Partick/ Hamilton and Dundee.

Will they go for it to go 9 points ahead of Dons & have the league title sown up or will they rest their players with 3 games against United ahead. Even then , at home they should have enough to beat Saints.

Hopefully we have a go at them as we have nothing to lose except maybe a worse goal difference. We did trouble their defence in the last 20 mins in last game.

Can't see us getting anything from this game but I've said that before every game against Celtic that we've won.

I dare say if any of their players have taken a knock or are struggling then they won't be risked. Positives look like both Commons and Armstrong are struggling and that would be a massive blow for them. I hope they play Ambrose at left back too, I'd unleash everything we have at that dumpling if so.

Team selection will be interesting because either Kane or Maclean will have to drop out IMO. Playing a 442 at Celtic park would be suicidal.

Mannus

Miller Mackay Anderson Easton

Millar 

Lappin  Davidson

Wotherspoon                 Ohalloran

Maclean