Dundee United Are Shite!

Jimmy Wallace

Malky McKay SFA performance director now favourite for Arabs job. Yanks do like a good racist as I can't see any other reason to appoint him.

He has done nothing for Scottish football apart from make it worse with his brave heart shite & destroying the youth/reserve leagues.

On 6/27/2020 at 11:23 AM, Cagey said:

Malky McKay SFA performance director now favourite for Arabs job. Yanks do like a good racist as I can't see any other reason to appoint him.

He has done nothing for Scottish football apart from make it worse with his brave heart shite & destroying the youth/reserve leagues.

McKay on £250 grand & willing to take 6 figure cut to join United. What are we paying him £250,000 for. He has done fr all for. Scottish football.

33 minutes ago, south inch said:

An entry "Dundee United 2020" has appeared on McClaren's Wikipedia page.  Does this mean anything or are they simply preparing in case he is appointed?

Anyone can put anything on wiki. Could be a possibility a piss take.

Edited by Cagey

I can't help but suspect that guys like McClaren are probably completely oblivious to the financial realities of managing a Scottish club like Dundee United (both in terms of what his salary would be, and what sort of budget he could expect to have access to for players). Wouldn't be surprised if he's decided to do a runner as soon as that's dawned on him.

58 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

I can't help but suspect that guys like McClaren are probably completely oblivious to the financial realities of managing a Scottish club like Dundee United (both in terms of what his salary would be, and what sort of budget he could expect to have access to for players). Wouldn't be surprised if he's decided to do a runner as soon as that's dawned on him.

Probably too much rain in Dundee & there is no way he can use his umbrella again.

But seriously I think he was told what the wages would be.

Initially it probably seemed like a pretty exciting job for McClaren. An historically successful club that has been through a bad patch but is on its way back up. He'd get them challenging the Old Firm within a couple of years and show us useless Jocks how it's done. Then he'd see the stadium, and the facilities, and the average attendances, and the budget, and the salary. Suddenly it's a bit more obvious why clubs like Dundee United aren't challenging the Old Firm. 

• 6 months later...