Dundee United Are Shite!

Jimmy Wallace

Major issues with the two CH, but we know this and have protected them most games.  Massive week for us, Motherwell and County.  4 points would be a good haul.  Just as well we put so many points on the board thus far, we are not up to a relegation dog fight.  Fuchs and butcher back on Saturday getting an hour each, hopefully they will make a difference.  It’s getting tight now but hard to call any game in the bottom 6!  

7 games left before the split....tick tock and all that!

On 2/2/2021 at 1:16 PM, dunblanemike said:

Notice lots of players leaving DU and none coming in during this window. Is that down to finances smarmy?

Most likely Mike, I am surprised anyone is going any where tbh.  Our form has been mediocre, yet we are well placed, does not say much for the overall standards in this division.  Still think we have gears to go up, and now would be a good time get some win in. Well game tonight is huge.....

1 hour ago, Smarmy Arab said:

Most likely Mike, I am surprised anyone is going any where tbh.  Our form has been mediocre, yet we are well placed, does not say much for the overall standards in this division.  Still think we have gears to go up, and now would be a good time get some win in. Well game tonight is huge.....

We need Utd in the top division braw away days  and easy points.

Selling Shanks is central to the plan! If he finishes the season strongly, gets his international shirt back we will sell him for a tidy profit, but that remains to be seen.  He is on a 3 year deal, just became a father, I would not be upset if we sold an extension to him while his stock is lower than it has been for a couple of years.

We have tough run in, sevco, Killie on plastic, Tic and Aberdeen, not hopeful of many points there, but we picked a good month to find a bit of form.  

• 3 weeks later...

I wonder how long they can survive. They are hoping like hell that their season ticket holders will not take up the discount that would mean they get their £300 season ticket for £40. I don't know how long the players will take the pay cut. They also still have the begging bowl out to the fans.

Don’t worry yourself Cagey, reports of our death have been greatly exaggerated....I’ve been reading about it on here for a decade. Btw  Our demise would be big bad news for Saints. 

As I’ve said before, everyone is in trouble atm, how many fans will come back? It’s an easy habit to break, most clubs survive season in season out by the narrowest of margins, COVID could be the death of a few.  Relegation could have serious consequences this season, I’m just glad we have done enough to make it over the line.....well I think we need another 4 points to be sure.  But I think we’ll make it. 

16 hours ago, Smarmy Arab said:

Don’t worry yourself Cagey, reports of our death have been greatly exaggerated....I’ve been reading about it on here for a decade. Btw  Our demise would be big bad news for Saints. 

Do you think so? If Dundee United suddenly didn't exist, maybe we'd pick up a few of their fans!

TBH it seems to be very rare that clubs completely vanish nowadays. I'm sure if United went out of business someone would re-launch the club with a slightly different name and they'd start again from the bottom.