Dundee United Are Shite!

Jimmy Wallace

I agree Cagey, the financial accounts are a problem! Not sure what to make of the Golf thing either.....still on the park MM did a good job all things considered.  I expected us to sell Shanks when his stock was high, that ship has sailed for the time being, but happy to keep him for next season and see how he performs with a season under his belt.  Can see both the weegie clubs going in for the Keeper, maybe even EC clubs, that would bring in much needed cash for next year, but does nothing to address structural deficit.  All that said we have been rumoured to be going into admin for 20 years, yet we keep going!

• 3 weeks later...

Don’t read too much into this results Sixst, we would most likely been told to use this game as a training session, don’t get injured, don’t get sent off just keep your sharpness for the big game next week.  I would rather Killie and Accies went down, those pitches are a disgrace. It’s all about next week now.  All 4 semi finalists would have had slippers on this weekend!

Like I say Hoody, strongest team told to engage in a high tempo training match, the real ball comes out next week.  Hibs slight favourites we have our work cut out, but it’s Hibs, they can always be got at, especially if you can hit on the break, our best performances this season have been exactly that.  

15 minutes ago, Smarmy Arab said:

Like I say Hoody, strongest team told to engage in a high tempo training match, the real ball comes out next week.  Hibs slight favourites we have our work cut out, but it’s Hibs, they can always be got at, especially if you can hit on the break, our best performances this season have been exactly that.  

You will be saying next ,they didn't try cause they wanted County to stay up seeing as a couple of their mates are in the team.

4 hours ago, Smarmy Arab said:

Let's hope this is your cranky take on it Smarmy.

If that's what the Manager wanted, you've got the wrong guy.

He should be wanting to win every game, not treat it as a training session.

14 hours ago, Smarmy Arab said:

I don’t think so, it’s all about next week!  

Your team need to improve their "hitting on the break" strike rate.

Arabs have scored fewest goals (30) in the Premiership.

There again, one goal can get a result.

We can improve in a number of ways!  Play a long ball over our central defence we are in all sorts of trouble, Forfar worked it out and we were chasing the game for over an hour of the 90, mercifully SPL clubs are reluctant to play such agricultural tactics, more fool them!  
We have fire power alright, but as you say it’s always on the break and we have struggled to win matches all season.  Semis tend to be cagey affairs, and Hibs have that glass jaw thing, so I’m giving us a good chance on Saturday.  Despite the last 2 post split fixtures we had put together a wee run of form, playing a pressing game to good effect.  All the pressure on Hibs here!

On 5/3/2021 at 5:30 PM, Smarmy Arab said:

We can improve in a number of ways!  Play a long ball over our central defence we are in all sorts of trouble, Forfar worked it out and we were chasing the game for over an hour of the 90, mercifully SPL clubs are reluctant to play such agricultural tactics, more fool them!  
We have fire power alright, but as you say it’s always on the break and we have struggled to win matches all season.  Semis tend to be cagey affairs, and Hibs have that glass jaw thing, so I’m giving us a good chance on Saturday.  Despite the last 2 post split fixtures we had put together a wee run of form, playing a pressing game to good effect.  All the pressure on Hibs here!

What happened to the fire power?

Appears the inclement weather made them damp squibs.

We simply did not turn up, played with no confidence at all, only started playing at 2 down, when Hibs gave up possession anyway.   Hibs well worth their win, we deserved nothing.  This was always a bonus, this season was about survival, literally survival, this was achieved with some comfort, cup run and our 20th Scottish Cup SF at Hampden is as much as we could reasonably expect.  

from here on in its COYPS!

good luck today! 

5 hours ago, Smarmy Arab said:

We simply did not turn up, played with no confidence at all, only started playing at 2 down, when Hibs gave up possession anyway.   Hibs well worth their win, we deserved nothing.  This was always a bonus, this season was about survival, literally survival, this was achieved with some comfort, cup run and our 20th Scottish Cup SF at Hampden is as much as we could reasonably expect.  

from here on in its COYPS!

good luck today! 

Cheers Smarmy.

Every little helped.

Only one team in Tayside  Perth Saints.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Smarmy Arab said:

Mickey did a good job, won’t struggle for a gig, leaves with his reputation in tact, relegation could have been fatal for United. 

Lots of rumours Jon Daly is set to return to Tannadice.  

Playing 3 decent strikers in a team set up to defend.

As long as you are happy with bottom 6 on your budget.

19 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Playing 3 decent strikers in a team set up to defend.

As long as you are happy with bottom 6 on your budget.

Very happy with our season, we had to survive, and did with some room to spare. Finished a point behind the double winners at the split, plus the team of the season never got the better of the Mellons mighty tangerines! :laugh:

10 hours ago, Smarmy Arab said:

Very happy with our season, we had to survive, and did with some room to spare. Finished a point behind the double winners at the split, plus the team of the season never got the better of the Mellons mighty tangerines! :laugh:

Had a look at a United forum last night and was pleasantly surprised to see most of the fans on there agree with you. I was expecting to see fans who wanted him out for not conquering all on United's first season up, but the general view seems to be that he'd had a good first season.

Who do you want as his replacement?