Dundee United Are Shite!

Jimmy Wallace

11 hours ago, Smarmy Arab said:

Hoody can look after himself he just hates United so much he can’t resist chipping in whenever we do anything.  This is of course his absolute right, where would football be if we all like every team? 

I am curious though Sixties, maybe you know, is he really a Hoodlum?  Were you both in the Pack back in the day? 

I’m really a Smarmy Arab, smarmy as ****!

Hoodlum and the pack is one sentence I thought I would never see, from what I know and heard he was more a hard man on the pitch, as for the rest no comment  from the Sally to the Strand.

8 minutes ago, sixties saintee said:

Hoodlum and the pack is one sentence I thought I would never see, from what I know and heard he was more a hard man on the pitch, as for the rest no comment  from the Sally to the Strand.

Fair comment mate, those were bad days! When panning windeez of opposition buses was a matter of honour subjecting opponents to a bitterly cold journey home on winter evenings was all part of the occasion. 

Not that gentlemen of our stature would ever stoop so low….:laugh:

The Strand! :laugh: Just before my time but the stuff of legend!:laugh:

10 hours ago, Smarmy Arab said:

Fair comment mate, those were bad days! When panning windeez of opposition buses was a matter of honour subjecting opponents to a bitterly cold journey home on winter evenings was all part of the occasion. 

Not that gentlemen of our stature would ever stoop so low….:laugh:

The Strand! :laugh: Just before my time but the stuff of legend!:laugh:

Gentleman's word is his bond, but Hoodlum will say hes no gentleman.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
5 hours ago, Cagey said:

Thats before the Watt signing on fee and wages.

Not good but we have shipped out quite a few (9 players) last window to get the wage bill down.  Also fees for Kerr Smith, Louis Apere, J Fuchs, and Shankland instalments will dent it further.  I suspect the club wanted to off load Benji too but looks like he will go for free in June.

Last 2 seasons are grim for everyone and chairman on record as being happy with the direction of travel.  The big thing is staying up, relegation on the back of COVID would have been a catastrophe for United.

5 minutes ago, Smarmy Arab said:

Not good but we have shipped out quite a few (9 players) last window to get the wage bill down.  Also fees for Kerr Smith, Louis Apere, J Fuchs, and Shankland instalments will dent it further.  I suspect the club wanted to off load Benji too but looks like he will go for free in June.

Last 2 seasons are grim for everyone and chairman on record as being happy with the direction of travel.  The big thing is staying up, relegation on the back of COVID would have been a catastrophe for United.

Does the loss take into account the £2 million loan from SG.

Relegation will be a catastrophe for Saints. Probably wipe out our biscuit tin.

No idea where the loan fits in tbh.  As I say not healthy, but our finances have not been healthy since 1992!  Rumours of our death have circulated for decades now, yet we continue.  It is remarkable how few professional clubs do go under, they are remarkably resilient businesses, when you consider that treat their ‘customers’ with, at best indifference, at worst utter contempt, for 100 years +, yet they survive!

• 6 months later...
1 hour ago, Smarmy Arab said:

Agreed! We should buy out the contract of the Aussie keeper and put Zander in today!

Jack Ross, hero last week zero this. That's football management.

His decision to play the Aussie left back when he has just arrived was bizarre.

New coach, team of strangers, had no time to build a relationship on or off the park, going toe to toe with an excellent side with strong recent pedigree in European competition, found us cruelly exposed.  Just hope it’s an aberration and minds are focused very quickly!

As you say Cagey, the left back was inexcusable, management 101!:cry:

• 2 weeks later...

I have a lot of work colleagues who have season tickets for Tannadice so whilst it's easy to gloat it really is a sad state of affairs to see the Terrors capitulating like they did. There is clearly something untoward behind the scenes at Utd and I'm not sure if a manger can recover from a pumping like that.

16 hours ago, SaintJet said:

I have a lot of work colleagues who have season tickets for Tannadice so whilst it's easy to gloat it really is a sad state of affairs to see the Terrors capitulating like they did. There is clearly something untoward behind the scenes at Utd and I'm not sure if a manger can recover from a pumping like that.

Watching some of the defensive mistakes I think Celtic could have quite easily taken a good few off us, some of the same basic mistakes of not tracking men in the box - we are fairly accustomed to a crumble these days too.