Sign in to follow this  
Jimmy Wallace

Dundee United Are Shite!

Recommended Posts

48 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

Had a look at a United forum last night and was pleasantly surprised to see most of the fans on there agree with you. I was expecting to see fans who wanted him out for not conquering all on United's first season up, but the general view seems to be that he'd had a good first season.

Who do you want as his replacement?

Has to be Tommy,they have been after him for ages.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Has to be Tommy,they have been after him for ages.

Do you think they'd still want him after what's just happened to Killie? They'd have to pay compensation for him too.

Personally I think they'd be mad not to try to get McInnes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

McInnes will go to Utd or Ross County surely. I think Tommy still has 2 years of a contract at Killie, I imagine he'll stay. Although he's taken quite a swipe at the players in his last interview, which doesn't look good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Linky said:

McInnes will go to Utd or Ross County surely. I think Tommy still has 2 years of a contract at Killie, I imagine he'll stay. Although he's taken quite a swipe at the players in his last interview, which doesn't look good.

The usual with Wright. Everyone to blame but him. Players get managers fired. Players get teams relegated. Arse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very few Arabs I know think like this BH.  After all, we have spent half the last 3 decades in relegation battles, 2 of Which we lost!  The club have been in precarious position for the entire 21st century.  There was a brief period 2008-2015 where we did bring through an astonishing number of young players Goodwillie, Russell, Gauld, Soutar, Armstrong, Robertson who would be capped, a load of others who passed through the club and went on to have good careers and make good money for the club, so maybe some fans think that was easy.....it’s not and testimony to how good our management and youth set up was in those years.

Rumours are that John Daly is the replacement, although Yogi seems to be a possibility, I’d be happy with either of them tbh.  Young Calum has impressed, maybe we should give him a go...tried and tested won 2 trophies out of 3 I’m sure he won’t make the same mistake as Tommy ‘relegated’ Wright! :wink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/25/2021 at 1:27 PM, Smarmy Arab said:

Very few Arabs I know think like this BH.  After all, we have spent half the last 3 decades in relegation battles, 2 of Which we lost!  The club have been in precarious position for the entire 21st century.  There was a brief period 2008-2015 where we did bring through an astonishing number of young players Goodwillie, Russell, Gauld, Soutar, Armstrong, Robertson who would be capped, a load of others who passed through the club and went on to have good careers and make good money for the club, so maybe some fans think that was easy.....it’s not and testimony to how good our management and youth set up was in those years.

Rumours are that John Daly is the replacement, although Yogi seems to be a possibility, I’d be happy with either of them tbh.  Young Calum has impressed, maybe we should give him a go...tried and tested won 2 trophies out of 3 I’m sure he won’t make the same mistake as Tommy ‘relegated’ Wright! :wink:

Looks like United are going for the cheap option by about to appoint Tam Courts from within the club.

I see the Federation of Dundee United Supporters Clubs have written to the Club asking " in which direction they are taking the club".

Sounds like fans don't approve of the intended appointment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Smarmy Arab said:

Courts would be a huge gamble, top tier looks strong next season, be a brave move to put a rookie in!

The way he's being spoken about in the press reminds me a little of the way Cathro was spoken about when he got the Hearts job (before he was promptly mocked by everyone for owning a laptop, the massive loser).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/28/2021 at 8:50 AM, blueheaven said:

The way he's being spoken about in the press reminds me a little of the way Cathro was spoken about when he got the Hearts job (before he was promptly mocked by everyone for owning a laptop, the massive loser).

Yep definitely comparisons to cathro the old school commentariat will be sharpening their knives!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/13/2021 at 9:12 PM, Smarmy Arab said:

What madness! Imagine bringing in experienced players to help develop young players….the whole thing is doomed!:rolleyes:

Ah! I do beg your pardon, forgot that 34 y.o. Mark Reynolds, at a year younger than Mulgrew, is not considered experienced enough.

Or has he been ditched?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So what your saying is Dundee United’s new manager who is attempting to reshape the playing and coaching squad already has a 34 year old Mark Reynolds as part of their 25 player squad, so that’s enough experience and they have no need whatsoever for a 35 year old Charlie Mulgrew.  Unless they ditch Reynolds?
 

Well that’s an opinion……

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Smarmy Arab said:

So what your saying is Dundee United’s new manager who is attempting to reshape the playing and coaching squad already has a 34 year old Mark Reynolds as part of their 25 player squad, so that’s enough experience and they have no need whatsoever for a 35 year old Charlie Mulgrew.  Unless they ditch Reynolds?
 

Well that’s an opinion……

Just goes to show how folk can twist words to their own needs.

Watch and no get tongue tied, or should that be finger twisted.

Did I say they they should ditch Reynolds?

Hope to hell they keep him and play him and Mulgrew.

C.o.y.s.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, HOODLUM65 said:

Ah! I do beg your pardon, forgot that 34 y.o. Mark Reynolds, at a year younger than Mulgrew, is not considered experienced enough.

Or has he been ditched?

This is what you said….really not twisting anything ;)  

I think every club needs 4 CB’s ready to play at any given moment, a player of Mugrew’s experience will be vital for our squad next season, and yes I would not be afraid to pair him with Reynolds.  Our 3rd choice was Connelly whose **** up on the opening day cost United top 6 last season! :laugh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Smarmy Arab said:

This is what you said….really not twisting anything ;)  

I think every club needs 4 CB’s ready to play at any given moment, a player of Mugrew’s experience will be vital for our squad next season, and yes I would not be afraid to pair him with Reynolds.  Our 3rd choice was Connelly whose **** up on the opening day cost United top 6 last season! :laugh:

Or the results in between Smarmy.Go easy on Hoodlum he is getting on a bit unlike ma self.:laugh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hoody can look after himself he just hates United so much he can’t resist chipping in whenever we do anything.  This is of course his absolute right, where would football be if we all like every team? 
 

I am curious though Sixties, maybe you know, is he really a Hoodlum?  Were you both in the Pack back in the day? 
 

I’m really a Smarmy Arab, smarmy as ****!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this