What Has Gone Wrong...?

Edstar101

I think the lack of goals this year has put fans on a bit of a downer.! The QOS exit never helped the mood either. What disappoints me most is the Tarmac in the Car Park is like the Pitch.! A heaving mess.! Sort oot the Infrastructure . aye right!!! My biggest sickener came on Saturday afternoon though,when BG was substituted, and some bam in front of me said get that "C**t Maclean" off.! Thought I was in Mordor for a Minute.! Well done Tommy and the team, and if this is a "Gone Wrong" season Keep them Coming.!

Edited by croc

Lost our main striker, unable to sign a better or equal one... made top 6 and still possible European slot.

If we do make 4th and Europe, what has gone wrong? It would appear we have done better than anyone expected with what was happening in the early stages of the season.

Luckily, TW and the lads have believed in themselves all season, even in the darkest periods, and have so far proved that they are worth their top 6 place. 

As I said before, getting into Europe will be another nightmare for the management team for Europa league first games at the beginning of July but I feel it would be a headache that they would be quite happy to live with.

I for one won't be booking holidays just yet.........

How can we be a "top six club" with pot holes in the Car Park ???

You need to admire Celtic FC for this one. The young kids in the East End actively protect your car if you park it any where near 'Paradise" on match day.

This encourages young people to be actively involved in the local football club and learn "enterprise" initiatives.

Edited by AthensSaint

I totally understand the view points expressed here from both sides. The "disapointed" and the "happy with where we are with what we've got".

I display both sentiments I'm afriad. 

I'm happy where we are and have achieved what we have this season with what we've got, I disapionted by how we have done it however.

The standard of football this season at times has been shocking !

No one person should be the scape goat though. Everyone one has had their part to play. Whether it be the board, Tommy Wright (or Wrong) at times. The Eleven on the pitch are THE only ones who can score goals, gain or lose points and games.

Hopefully leasons are learned and we can look forward to a strong finish and a rejuvinated team next season who are up to prove to everyone, yet again.

We get where we are because we deserve it, we fight for it, we struggle for it, we are thrifty both with the purse strings and letting in goals.

We are a small provinsional club, and we know we are, with a limited, but loyal fan base who support through feast and famin times.

All I certainly ask for a little bit of flare on the pitch, something to get you off your seat, something to shout and cheer about in every game, not the odd game.

Do that in the run in to the end of the season and build on it for next.

ICT or Falkirk may take away our cup, but, they'll never take away our spirit. (said in a braveheart manner) :cool:  :cool:  :cool: 

COYS    

Saintees Sheep,

That's more or less my view in that I'm happy where we are bit disappointed in a sense. We may have missed an opportunity of a lifetime last summer. We'll never really know.

That's just a throw-away line....the opportunity of a lifetime to do what exactly?

That's just a throw-away line....the opportunity of a lifetime to do what exactly?

Read the thread and you'll know. There's nothing throw away about the line.

We had an opportunity to engage with the Perth and Perthshire public like never before. Convince them that it's worth coming back to see St. Johnstone, newly crowned Scottish Cup Winners.

I'm not going into detail now, as I already have on this and other threads before it, but Saints should have been in the minds and faces of everybody all through last summer.

Instead?

The club fell asleep........

• 1 month later...

Bumping this thread again - think it makes great reading, just to highlight that whenever fans have thought we're doing badly, Tommy Wright has consistently shown the ability to turn us round and make us even better than we were before. The progress that's been made under him is incredible. I hope he never leaves.