Saints Vs Arabs

David123

Two points dropped no question.  MacKay's intentions at the penalty were painfully obvious but it shouldn't have mattered.  Shot after shot went sailing over the bar and several cross balls went begging.

Begin to wonder if 5th place prize money would be better than 4th and Europe anyway.  Another away leg to some shithole in Outer Mongolia followed by a EUFA fine because someone insulted Genghis Khan at the home tie would probably lose money.

Those that are sagging Weatherspoon should watch the highlights on Alba.

The park is a disgrace and pele would struggle to control a ball on that surface.

And yet a player like Chris Millar was able to control the ball 99% of the time and barely misplace a pass all game on the park. I'm all for defending the club but Weatherspoons performance today was well, well short of acceptable. I like the guy, he gives everything for the club and never goes missing in action, but he was terrible today.

What's the script with Macca. He only lasts 55 minutes now a days. It always takes another 20 mins for a sub. Thought we had done enough to get 3 points but the penalty miss is costly, however I hope Muzz goal turns out to be crucial. Good spirit in the last two games to come back to draw so late on. Pitty we needed to win both. This is going to last day of the season for 4th place, and we rely on Dundee turning up and defeating United last day o season...

Edited by Dave H

Two points dropped no question. MacKay's intentions at the penalty were painfully obvious but it shouldn't have mattered. Shot after shot went sailing over the bar and several cross balls went begging.

Begin to wonder if 5th place prize money would be better than 4th and Europe anyway. Another away leg to some shithole in Outer Mongolia followed by a EUFA fine because someone insulted Genghis Khan at the home tie would probably lose money.

Aye, we"re too big for that Mickey Mouse cup right enough.

Two points dropped no question.  MacKay's intentions at the penalty were painfully obvious but it shouldn't have mattered.  Shot after shot went sailing over the bar and several cross balls went begging.

Begin to wonder if 5th place prize money would be better than 4th and Europe anyway.  Another away leg to some shithole in Outer Mongolia followed by a EUFA fine because someone insulted Genghis Khan at the home tie would probably lose money.

A touch of the Terry Butchers there south inch.!?

And their supporters demanding Mackay to be sent off for a nothing foul.

Watched the highlights last night at normal speed and again  today, looking at incidents involving Dave Mackay in slo mo and freeze frame.

Don't know why he was yellow carded in spat with Shifty, unless it was for accusing him of diving.

Being on a yellow card,  it was despicable to see Dixon trying to get Dave a second yellow card, when the camera clearly shows Dixon going over immediately after releasing the ball and before any contact was made.

Thankfully the Ref. didn't think a second yellow was warranted.

As for J.Mac accusing us of being a physical  side, the Arabs certainly dished out plenty yesterday.     

You are probably right Croc but not being a great TB fan I don't get the reference.  Something he said when he was at Inverness?

I think he said, "5th place prize money would be better than 4th and Europe anyway.  Another away leg to some shithole in Outer Mongolia followed by a EUFA fine because someone insulted Genghis Khan at the home tie would probably lose money."

Watched the highlights last night at normal speed and again  today, looking at incidents involving Dave Mackay in slo mo and freeze frame.

Don't know why he was yellow carded in spat with Shifty, unless it was for accusing him of diving.

Being on a yellow card,  it was despicable to see Dixon trying to get Dave a second yellow card, when the camera clearly shows Dixon going over immediately after releasing the ball and before any contact was made.

Thankfully the Ref. didn't think a second yellow was warranted.

As for J.Mac accusing us of being a physical  side, the Arabs certainly dished out plenty yesterday.     

To make maatters worse he rolled about in agony as well. I think it was also him that rolled about in agony when Spoony got booked for a good tackle on him then got up & took the kick that led to their goal.

McNamara complaining about us being over physical??? Which game was he watching? Thought we did OK yesterday, not convinced by Scobbie at left back sometimes over commits and some of his sliced passes down the line were poor. Cannot remember McFadden touching the ball once and made no impact, actually thought McLean played OK buy poses no goal threat whatsoever. Spoony frustrates the life out of me, one of his tricks on the right when he made a United player look a right mug was real class but some of his passes and shooting is way off. Pleased for Muzz who looks to be getting back to somewhere near his best and with the benefit of a full pre season might be as good as a new signing next season. Michael also frustrates me, was watching him closely and sometimes seems to be away with the fairies. Millar as usual this season ultra impressive and has totally convinced me this season. As for Frazer total legend love the guy and so hope we get another season out of him but have my doubts.

This might not be the correct thread for this moan but I have just looked at todays Sunday Mail and there is 3 double page spreads plus half of the back page about a lower division play off game, and there is half a page (with typeface so small I struggled to read it) about our game with United, a game that could have had a significant bearing on the outcome of our top division.................... No west coast bias in the weegie press don't make me feckin laugh.

Did not make it yesterday, but managed to listen to the radio.  Sounded a better game than expected, on  dreadful pitch........both teams should be getting used to that by now! ;)  Better point for us than you, bearing in mind the remaining fixtures.  We are away at ICT and home to Funsters.........you have Celtic and Aberdeen. (I think?)  United just want this season over, we're hardly ready for Europe, looking forward to a rebuild over the summer!

Those that are sagging Weatherspoon should watch the highlights on Alba.

The park is a disgrace and pele would struggle to control a ball on that surface.

Sorry Mainstand, I know you're not really one for slagging off the club or the players but Spoony was dreadful yesterday. Possibly one of the worst individual performances I've seen from one our players this season.

Just to be clear, are you saying Spoony did ok?.....it's ok, just say it...let it all go!! :wink:

Papa. Jack I am not saying he was okay but I think some of the errors which we all remember were in part down to the pitch. He did show what excellent piece of skill on the main stand side when he went nip the goal line.

Agree not one of his best.

That just adds to the frustration I think. We all know what he can do but he's just not positive enough most of the time. Usually the first thought is a negative one, first movement is a backward one. Total confidence player who clearly isn't at the moment.

Edited by Papa Jack