Select One Player From...

THE LARK SAINT

A: Hard to choose just one......but I'll take Paul Cherry. Never forget the game at Cliftonhill when we were getting beaten and he almost single-handedly got us back into it. Can't leave out his man of the match at Parkhead when we almost did old Rangers in the semi.....

B: Close between a lot of duds.....but my all time dud is John Davies.....£175 000 and he was GASH..... 

Are you me ? Very strange you picked the same two as me . Great minds and all that.

Best: Definitely Jody Morris for this one. He was just a completely different class of player and I was absolutely devastated when he left.

Worst: Willie Falconer. Just an absolutely pointless signing.

To be fair to Falconer, which granted is difficult, he was one of a plethora of pointless and utterly terrible signings around that time. Kemble,Jackson,Russell, Rachid Djeboulli, Sammy Youssef.

What a horrible time to support Saints!

To be fair to Falconer, which granted is difficult, he was one of a plethora of pointless and utterly terrible signings around that time. Kemble,Jackson,Russell, Rachid Djeboulli, Sammy Youssef.

What a horrible time to support Saints!

Forgot about (or purposely blocked out?!?) Djebaili!

a) Jason Scotland - awesome player, scored so many important goals ( cup games against hibs + motherwell come to mind, plus scoring those two against " bobby robson's gretna) and to steal him from dundee utd because of weird work permit laws even better?

B) rudi vata, my dads a big celtic fan, said he was excited at his signing and thought he would be great, saw him one game away to brechin, and he spent the entire game doing this bizarre lofted flighted free kick from anywhere on the pitch for either their keeper to stand and catch, or for the ball to just sail out for a goal kick.

honorable mentions to darren sheridan, james mc fadden, and any of the string of queens players that Connelly brought with him.

a) Jason Scotland - awesome player, scored so many important goals ( cup games against hibs + motherwell come to mind, plus scoring those two against " bobby robson's gretna) and to steal him from dundee utd because of weird work permit laws even better?

B) rudi vata, my dads a big celtic fan, said he was excited at his signing and thought he would be great, saw him one game away to brechin, and he spent the entire game doing this bizarre lofted flighted free kick from anywhere on the pitch for either their keeper to stand and catch, or for the ball to just sail out for a goal kick.

honorable mentions to darren sheridan, james mc fadden, and any of the string of queens players that Connelly brought with him.

It is Connolly mate, John Connolly, and if he didn't set the heather on fire as a manager, he was, without a shadow of doubt the finest footballer in a Saints shirt that I ever had the pleasure to watch, in a team full of quality. A legend when the term meant summat!

Dino was my hero as a kid. There have been better signings, but he'll always be one of my favourites. Memories of him coming over to the East Stand and belting out a big three cheers with the crowd, a good 17/18 years before the bleedin' Ronnie Roar existed!

And I think I'll throw a Nick McKoy into the big pot of Saintee duds.

Edited by Kevin James Is On Stilts

I'm going to go for Henry Hall. Although John Connolly was a more gifted player, Henry scored a lot more goals and despite his lack of size and speed he had an uncanny ability to score goals consistently, he rarely missed any half-chance that came his way.

WIth regards to the other I'm going to pick Gary MacDonald. I've seen him play a dozen times or so (don't make it up to Perth much these days) but he invariably made me wish I had my boots with me...

Darren Sheridan was the man. Never got tired seeing him win headers against players six inches bigger than him.

I'm going to go for Henry Hall. Although John Connolly was a more gifted player, Henry scored a lot more goals and despite his lack of size and speed he had an uncanny ability to score goals consistently, he rarely missed any half-chance that came his way.

WIth regards to the other I'm going to pick Gary MacDonald. I've seen him play a dozen times or so (don't make it up to Perth much these days) but he invariably made me wish I had my boots with me...

True story when JC & JP signed for Everton JP was asked what Everton could do to improve he said sign Harry Hall ( which Saints players called him) as told to me by my Everton Supporting mate whos brother was in the youth team.

This is really tough. There are so many different types of players. My all time favourite saints player was probably George O'Boyle. Amazing ability, goalscorer and great passer of the ball.

Worst ever? I can't see past Peter Fyhr. His performance away to Falkirk was one of the worst I've seen. Awful.

The first player I used to look forward to seeing on a Saturday was Paddy Buckley, he had real pace and when he was one on one with the keeper it always seemed to me it would be a goal.  However, I would concede that memory plays tricks and he probably missed his fair share of sitters.  I agree the John Connelly was probably the classiest player to pull on a Saints shirt but just to prove that not all BOF's live in the past my vote would go to Mr 100% Dave MacKay.  It will be a long time before I forget his sublime Messi like turn to take the ball away and clear a late Arab attack in the Cup Final.

As for our worst I can think of plenty candidates but I like to think they all did their best for Saints even if it was rubbish.

This is really tough. There are so many different types of players. My all time favourite saints player was probably George O'Boyle. Amazing ability, goalscorer and great passer of the ball.

Worst ever? I can't see past Peter Fyhr. His performance away to Falkirk was one of the worst I've seen. Awful.

He was pure sh!t. I think he may have played in the Challenge Cup Final against Stranraer as well. In fact there's every chance we didn't win a single game he played in.

The one and only John Connolly as St Dunc says would walk into any Team.

The worst was Alec Gordon never really took to him, made worse when he scored 2 ogs in a Semi at Dense

I have to jump to Alec Gordon's defence. Not becasue he was part of our League Cup Final team but becasue the two OGs were by George MIller. It was at Tannadice against Dundee.