Saints Vs Celtic 15/05/15

David123

As others have said, that was a fantastic 0-0 match. Great atmosphere and great work ethic from all of the players. Once again, our finishing let us down, but at least we were actually testing Zaluska and getting a number of shots on target. I've never seen us dominate Celtic to that extent before, and it's difficult not to be slightly disappointed that we didn't get a win. Still, the 1 point could be crucial. 

Credit to all of the players tonight, particularly Davidson and Anderson who was my man of the match. I'd go as far as to say that may have been his best ever performance for Saints. Absolutely fantastic at the back, whilst also embarking on some Beckenbauer-esque runs.

I did, however, feel that the game was crying out for Brian Graham. Tommy maybe sees things differently but, despite Graham's agreement with Ross County, he is our only striker currently scoring goals.

Anyway, good luck to Inverness tomorrow. Whatever happens, 4th place will be decided on the last day of the season. It would be good to go into that final game knowing that a win would definitely clinch it for us. 

first game since the first Dundee away game of the season - haven't been for a variety of reasons.  Obviously apart from the goals it was a belter, really good fun and saints played excellent football from start to finish.  James forest's attempt at goal being celebrated like us scoring by the saints fans was priceless.  I know loads of people have already said but chris miller is one hell of an improved player, he was phenomenal tonight and could easily play at a higher level (really hope he doesn't).  really pleased the celic fans respected the remembrance thing at half time.  Good idea from saints and it must stay. 

The only slight downer was at the end when I thought the players and TW and staff could have all come over to the saints fan and walked up and down the touchline to thank the fans as it was our last home game more than what they did.  Yes we still have one more really important game to go but it was the last home game of the season.  in Germany the whole team goes to the fans at the end of every game they win..

Lots of differing opinions on Graham on here. I reckon that whether he was played or not today may have had nothing to do with him going to Ross County next season and more to do with his attitude since that signing. I'd like to think if he'd been badgering TW to play, making it clear he was a Saints player until his loan is up and he was desperate to add to his goal tally, then Tommy would play him. Sadly I have a hunch he doesn't give a toss about Saints.

I mean Swanson is on loan for a week more. Almost the same situation. He gave 110% tonight and in interviews sounds utterly committed to getting the team into 4th place.

The two's body language and apparent attitude and commitment are polar opposites to my eyes.

Great display tonight. No failures apart from someone to put the ball in the net.

I am sure there will be a few excuses from Celtic like bumpy pitch,first team players missing,nothing at stake & poor ref but we dominated them & still don`t know why we didn`t get all 3 points. But have thought that for last 3 weeks.

Why was Swanson booked? I didn't see anything but as he accepted it without argument I assume it was justified. Sorry if this has already been covered elsewhere in this thread but I am just back home after the game and can't be arsed going through the whole thread on my Kindle. My computer is in our bedroom and my wife is asleep.

Thought the referee had a fair game but the east stand linesman was next to useless. The ref showed no real bias and gave us a couple of dodgy decisions which, if the same had been given against us, we would have been a tad unhappy!

Disappointed though that he failed to curb Scott Brown sooner than he did.

brown could have maybe gone for a second yellow for the barge towards the end but all in all the ref had a good game.  On the way up the car park I did hear a few celic fans saying what on earth was brown on, a game that didn't mean anything for them and he was a head case, one described him as a 'mongo'!

The Celtic fans were to a man, absolutely blootered tonight. I don't think I saw a sober one.

What a performance that was, battered them second half and shaded the first. Had a good feeling before tonight and Saints didn't disappoint. Would have taken a point before the game but slightly disappointed we didn't take any of our many chances and we definitely deserved the three points. Worst case scenario and United win tomorrow at least next week means something. Appreciate it isn't an easy game to get to, but I'd hope for a half decent crowd.

I think we've found the answer if Cup Tie isn't fit for the start of season. I thought Spoony looked more comfortable when he was put to right back, and was more assured than he has been for weeks, making great defensive tackles as well as being happy to make runs up the pitch. A great performance from the whole team.