Aberdeen V Saints, 24/5/15

glenrothes saintee

We've just played 1 and 2 in the league in the last two games. 4 points, should have been 6 and two clean sheets. I think we can put to bed any concerns anyone has about Tam Scobbie's ability to play centre half.

Would be a valid point if it wasn't end of season.

I'm not saying Scobbie doesn't have the ability, just that these two games aren't the proper way to prove it

Once again, it's not the stewards or the police, it's Aberdeen FC. Contact their safety officer and bombard him/her. Our safety officer is Paul Smith, I think. All clubs have them and there is a pre-ops meeting before each match where the clubs discuss their requirements with stewards and police. If you want to create tension and difficulties then put a large number of people in a restricted area after having them struggle to gain access due to poor ticketing. People had some issues with having a seat number on their ticket which was different to where their children's tickets stated. Don't know if that's a child protection issue exactly but it's extremely incompetent at best. This was a shambles on behalf of AFC, but please lay the blame with them, drumsticks aside.

AFC safety office is Willie Beattie e-mail away !!!!  :cool:

Great day yesterday good journey up and back on the barossa bus, good game, superb atmosphere, a few celebratory drinks were enjoyed last night met Steven Maclean who was out ended up getting his Saints tracksuit top.

https://youtu.be/s-JWOvlUvpc a video of the aftermath of Chris Kanes goal

Had a decent couple of days in Aberdeen. It wasn't exactly warm, but positively tropical in comparison to any other time I've been at Pittodrie. Shame that the stewarding was very disorganised once again. We arrived about twenty-five minutes before the match was due to start, but didn't get through the turnstiles until about 1 minute before the game actually kicked off. They should have been well-prepared for a healthy travelling support.

For me, the game represented our entire season. Not particularly entertaining or threatening in an attacking sense, but hugely professional and defensively solid. We did what we had to do and finally made the breakthrough. I think we edged the game, and it was certainly a deserved 3 points. Huge credit to the players on another outstanding achievement. Chris Kane took his goal exceptionally well and he couldn't have picked a better time to score his first of many Saints goals. 

Fair play to Brian Graham who put in a huge amount of effort and seemed very gracious towards the Saints fans at the end of the match. All the best at Ross County, although I hope it doesn't go too well for you.

Tommy Wright, you've done another fantastic job under financial restrictions. Hopefully you'll be given a bit more leeway to strengthen our attacking options ahead of next season. No reason why this squad, with a few shrewd additions, can't maintain their position in the league and possibly even improve upon it. 

Inverness, it's over to you.

Hi folks, just want to introduce myself as a Caley fan.

I had a few Aberdeen pals who invited me to Pittodrie yesterday, but since the game was all ticket and couldn't sit with them I thought I'd join in with you guys in the away support.

Really enjoyed the atmosphere, lifted the roof when Kane scored and was impressed with the support that turned up. Thought I wasn't gonna get in!! Anyway you guys deserved to win, the Dons were awful.

Just hope we turn up on the day and bag the cup get you lot into Europe at the same time.

All the best, well until you meet ICT...

I hope ICT do it too. Unlucky in the League Cup last year and we nicked a Euro spot off them a couple of years ago, with little sour grapes on their part. 

And above that, I wouldn't want a First Division side to represent Scotland in Europe. We need the best we can offer, which means us, obviously.

I'm from Falkirk and will be in attendance in the Falkirk end. If Caly score I'll be the least gutted person in that end. If Falkirk win however they will absolutely have earned it and I'll be delighted for them. Given the choice I'd take a Caly win though.

Edited by Broon

What a wonderful day...................Dandy's in office being very complimentary and pleased that we have a chance of Europe (I did remind them it would be 4 in a row) rather than the DABS.

Soor faced Arab in the office giving the usual guff of nobody at Tannadump wanted Europe........Aye right, reminded him we are the top team in Tayside yet AGAIN.

Passport...Check

Funds....Check

Holidays left....Check

Memo: Phone Yogi and tell them to do a SAINTEES c.mon ICT....Check

I got similar reaction from the Dons fans at work.

Hi folks, just want to introduce myself as a Caley fan.

I had a few Aberdeen pals who invited me to Pittodrie yesterday, but since the game was all ticket and couldn't sit with them I thought I'd join in with you guys in the away support.

Really enjoyed the atmosphere, lifted the roof when Kane scored and was impressed with the support that turned up. Thought I wasn't gonna get in!! Anyway you guys deserved to win, the Dons were awful.

Just hope we turn up on the day and bag the cup get you lot into Europe at the same time.

All the best, well until you meet ICT...

I'm from Falkirk and will be in attendance in the Falkirk end. If Caly score I'll be the least gutted person in that end. If Falkirk win however they will absolutely have earned it and I'll be delighted for them. Given the choice I'd take a Caly win though.

I'm in the Falkirk end too so there will be two of us secretly celebrating!

Sunday was a great day out, we have been treated to some amazing footballing occasions over past few seasons. However, any one else have their return trip to wherever ruined by BBC Sportsound who only fitted in a Tommy Wright interview, lasting only about fifteen seconds, about 45 mins after end of game and then proceeded to do the most ridiculous never ending feature on helicopter Sunday from ten years ago!!

Sunday was a great day out, we have been treated to some amazing footballing occasions over past few seasons. However, any one else have their return trip to wherever ruined by BBC Sportsound who only fitted in a Tommy Wright interview, lasting only about fifteen seconds, about 45 mins after end of game and then proceeded to do the most ridiculous never ending feature on helicopter Sunday from ten years ago!!

It was shocking.  Absolute disgrace.  Completely expected though.  

The radio was shambolic after the game. Was fully expecting a summary of highs and lows with some interviews, or match commentry from all clubs, particularly top 6. An end of season round up would have been good. Instead it was drivel over Celik! Oh and don't forget 10 years ago when rangers won a league... would that have been as they were cheating by living outwith their means?