Aberdeen V Saints, 24/5/15

glenrothes saintee

What a result ! As mentioned previously winning the big games that really count. Definitely the most successful period in Saints history and huge credit has to go to the management team as well as the players. Going back to October we lost 5 on the bounce and could easily have spiralled in to relegation territory - but we have battled back and have been unbeaten after the split. Fingers crossed for an ICT win in the final and a fourth European campaign in a row - what an incredible achievement that would be. Proud to be a Saintee. Can't wait for next season :laugh:

What a great day.

Saints fans turned out in their numbers and the players didn't let us down. A fairly close game but we played well and worked extremely hard.

Murray Davidson take a bow. Another immaculate performance.

Another absolute shambles though as far as Aberdeen FC and their stewarding is concerned.

Surely the club have got to make representation to the sheep over this stewarding.

It isn't the stewarding and it isn't the police, its Aberdeen FC. And it's stupidity. You don't positively manage a large crowd by restricting them, thereby creating tension and arguments. Managed correctly there would have been open spaces today, not tape and G4S banners everywhere. The club made the job of the stewards and police far more difficult than it needed to be.

Let's not be misinformed here, the blame doesn't lie with the stewards but the football club. Starting with the safety officer.

Stewards were ridiculous again, whoever was responsible.  The walloper who took the kids drumsticks was quite clearly trying to cause trouble.  Well done to Alan Mannus for singling the lad out and giving him his shirt at the end - legend.

And well done to young team for not reacting to these idiots.

Brilliant atmosphere, well done to the 1,277 travelling fans.  Huge lift for the team who are used to seeing 300 Saints fans at Pittodie.

Very proud saintee tonight. 

When we got there a long queue to get in, turned out they ran out of tickets. Then nobody is sitting in the ticketed seats just sit anywhere the steward says. Then a queue for pies that took 20min and still didnae get one. Toilets at the back closed for part of the game for maintenance and you have to go Doon the stairs and away over to pish in a porta cabin that's no been cleaned since the 1980s.

Stewards were ridiculous again, whoever was responsible. The walloper who took the kids drumsticks was quite clearly trying to cause trouble. Well done to Alan Mannus for singling the lad out and giving him his shirt at the end - legend.

Brilliant atmosphere, well done to the 1,277 travelling fans. Huge lift for the team who are used to seeing 300 Saints fans at Pittodie.

The drum wis right behind me making my ears bleed.

Stewards were ridiculous again, whoever was responsible. The walloper who took the kids drumsticks was quite clearly trying to cause trouble. Well done to Alan Mannus for singling the lad out and giving him his shirt at the end - legend.

Brilliant atmosphere, well done to the 1,277 travelling fans. Huge lift for the team who are used to seeing 300 Saints fans at Pittodie.

Mannus giving the young lad his shirt at the end was different class. Our support was brilliant today and the team done us proud once again.

Well that was slightly more than just the usual braw. That was ****ing MAGIC.. Well done to everyone at St.Johnstone FC for yet another great season, for a stirring finish and for being Taysides number for the 2nd time in 3 seasons. Also a huge well done to my fellow supporters. The turnout today, especially given the kick off time and related transport issues, was nothing short of magnificent. Thank you Saints , I am very proud of my wee team. Underestimated since 1884. Now it's over to you ICT. wink emoticon

Agreed there level of stewardship at today's match left a lot to be desired however I think we were the victim of our own success. They were nowhere near prepared for the number of Saintees who turned up today. Well done all who turned up! Much brawness!

Oh BTW, Iv got a new song for the sheep! It goes something like this.......

WHO THE FUQ IS CHRIS KANE!

It's a slow and steady process for Saints, increasing interest and support. Home attendances have crept up year on year, but to suggest a support of 1,277 at Pittodrie at 12:30 on a Sunday 4 years ago would have been an absolute joke. Brilliant today, I can't get over just how good the support was.