Gary Miller

541ntees

cant find his thread an thought he deserved more than just comments on the new players thread.

great guy always there when we needed him at rb cb or mf . lucky to have such a steady no.2 to count on hopefully joe s can be just as good if not better.

Gaz can count himself unlucky that Dave was in front of him, even Cafu would have been no.2 rb . 

wonder if Saints decided not to renew his contract or if Gaz wanted a new challenge and more 1st team football(which id respect him for)

all the best Gary and hope you find a good club and you get success (just not against us)

Got to say I'm disappointed. Never let us down and didn't weaken us defensively. Will get an SPL club no bother.

Good way to look at it that. When a player leaves, what level to you expect them to play at. McDonald - Peterhead, May - Championship darn sarth, Miller - Scottish Premiership nae bother. Makes me wonder why he's leaving.

Been a really good squad player, and usually stepped up and performed well when required.

Wish him all the best.

Was speaking to my dad about him leaving, and what he said was interesting - how he struggled to last 90 minutes, despite being pretty reliable and playing well when called upon.  Each time ha's played he was pretty much done after 70 minutes.  For a guy who should be fresh and eager to take his chance, that's a bit disappointing.  Not sure how old he is, but I suppose that's a serious question to ask.

Really gutted to see him go. I'd have kept him on another year - no telling how Cup Tie will recover from his major op (especially with age against him) and we don't yet know how the two young lads (neither a natural RB) are going to actually fare when included in our team. Clearly a risk the club are happy to take.  

As for the Euro outings. 2 games. For a guy constantly picked up and dropped, for there to be only 2 games in 3 years that people can pick him up on for mistakes is quite telling. The same could be said for pretty much the whole of the first team.

Not that any of that matters now he's gone. I wish him all the best and hope he gets a regular start at a decent club, which he thoroughly deserves.

Was speaking to my dad about him leaving, and what he said was interesting - how he struggled to last 90 minutes, despite being pretty reliable and playing well when called upon. Each time ha's played he was pretty much done after 70 minutes. For a guy who should be fresh and eager to take his chance, that's a bit disappointing. Not sure how old he is, but I suppose that's a serious question to ask.

To be fair, isn't it entirely reasonable for him to struggle to be match fit when he's so rarely used?

To be fair, isn't it entirely reasonable for him to struggle to be match fit when he's so rarely used?

I think there's a world of difference between 'match fit' and 'match sharp'

I would forgive him not being match sharp, but that hasn't been a problem for him at all.  It is purely a fitness issue IMO.  At this level, players should be able to play 90 minutes if free from injury.