Europa League 2015/16

David123

Just printing out my passport renewal now!

Glad I stuck to my guns about not jinxing it. Wife almost did by asking when the Europa League draw was 30 seconds before Falkirk's equaliser.

There's actually a chance we could be seeded for the second round as well looking at the Bert Kassies lists. There are 9 unseeded teams to be decided and seven seeded teams. Five of the undecided teams are definitely going to be lower co-efficients than Saints.  We'd then need four of the seven other undecided teams to have a lower coefficient than us to squeeze in there. No idea how likely that is - you're looking for the cup winners in Bulgaria and Poland and the final Europa League qualifiers in Denmark, Poland, Bulgaria and the Czech Republic to be lower ranked sides.

Someone else may have the info as to who is likely to fill those slots and what their co-efficients are!

Don't want to start a new thread, plse excuse the off topic, but our egg-chuckers are doing the Nation proud. Edinburgh reached the final of the Europa League equivalent, and Glasgow right now are winning the sort of UK league without England thing play off final (it's complicated).

Great to see teams celebrating. Well done Glasgow.

via 1884's twitter

Today's Scottish Cup victory for Inverness Caledonian Thistle has guaranteed St Johnstone a place in the UEFA Europa League for 2015/16, becoming the first Scottish club outside of the Old Firm to qualify for Europe in four consecutive seasons since Aberdeen between 1988/89 and 1991/92.

Saints will enter the Europa League at the first qualifying round, with the ties scheduled to be played on Thursday 2 July and Thursday 9 July. The draw for both the first and second qualifying rounds takes place in Nyon, Switzerland on Monday 22 June. Saints will be seeded in the first qualifying round, which is a regionalised draw.

Based on the regional groupings for 2014/15, a list of potential but unconfirmed opponents include:

Flora Tallinn (Est)
Skonto Riga (Lat)
Vikingur (Far)
Odd Grenland (Nor)
Glentoran (Nir)
VPS Vaasa (Fin)
Kalev Sillamae (Est)
SJK Seinajoki (Fin)
FC Lahti (Fin)
FK Jelgava (Lat)
NSI Runavik (Far)
Atlantas Klaipeda (Lit)
Glenavon (Nir)
Cork City (Ire)
Uni College Dublin (Ire)
Kruoja Pakruojis (Lit)
Airbus UK Broughton (Wal)
Progres Niederkorn (Lux)
FK Trakai (Lit)
Spartaks Jurmala (Lat)
Bala Town (Wal)
Newtown (Wal)

I'm back in Scotland for a wedding from the 1st-6th of June. Ideal scenario for me is a draw against a team from Finland/one of the Baltic states with the home leg first. Having seen more than my fair share of football in this neck of the woods in recent years, I'd be very confident facing any of the Finnish/Estonian/Latvian/Lithuanian sides in the draw.

I'm back in Scotland for a wedding from the 1st-6th of June. Ideal scenario for me is a draw against a team from Finland/one of the Baltic states with the home leg first. Having seen more than my fair share of football in this neck of the woods in recent years, I'd be very confident facing any of the Finnish/Estonian/Latvian/Lithuanian sides in the draw.

Nice one Mike looking forward to another visit to Scandinavia.

I'd love VPS, they're absolute horse this season. Rooted to the bottom of the table with one point! They're renovating their stadium next year but at the moment it's not Europe-worthy and they'll be playing their games in Helsinki or Tampere (which are infinitely easier to get to). Got a few pals over here who are big VPS fans and still follow Saints. We go to games together fairly often. It'd be absolutely incredible to get together with them before a Saints game. 

Baltics countries would be ace...easy to get too, cheap hotels, and   birds that look like they're fae YouPron.com !!. Not keen on Ireland (plane to get there and it is just like here!), but Wales would be cool...cheap to get too and mental a place :)

Baltics countries would be ace...easy to get too, cheap hotels, and birds that look like they're fae YouPron.com !!. Not keen on Ireland (plane to get there and it is just like here!), but Wales would be cool...cheap to get too and mental a place :)

I've never heard Wales described as a mental place before.

Don't want to start a new thread, plse excuse the off topic, but our egg-chuckers are doing the Nation proud. Edinburgh reached the final of the Europa League equivalent, and Glasgow right now are winning the sort of UK league without England thing play off final (it's complicated).

So??? If fitba's no yer game,leave, as there's nothing else

Baltics countries would be ace...easy to get too, cheap hotels, and   birds that look like they're fae YouPron.com !!. Not keen on Ireland (plane to get there and it is just like here!), but Wales would be cool...cheap to get too and mental a place :)

Capital of the world for single mums..

Dont add to the % boys

After a wee look at Bert Kassies site, I had usbas seeded in the first round and provably seedednin the second?

And CH the seedings (and yes I know this tough) and that emgives a third round home and away against the likes of Schalke, Villarreal or Marseilles

After a wee look at Bert Kassies site, I had usbas seeded in the first round and provably seedednin the second?

And CH the seedings (and yes I know this tough) and that emgives a third round home and away against the likes of Schalke, Villarreal or Marseilles

It's very unlikely that Saints will be seeded in the second round. There are six seeded places still to be filled, and at least three of the teams entering at round 2 stage (Vojvodina, Spartak Trnava :evil:  and Hafnarfjardar) have higher coefficients than us - so Saints will be fighting to get one of the three other seeded places in the draw. One of these places is likely to be taken today if Sturm Graz get a better result than Rheindorf Altach (Graz are at home today against a mid-table side, whilst Altach are away at relegated Wiener Neustadt)

That would leave just two places available and we'd be dependent on results going our way in Poland and Bulgaria over the next three weeks.

I've just also spotted when looking at the second-round draw that ICT's coefficient is lower than teams from Malta and the Faroe Islands! That shows how far Scottish football has slipped in recent times.

I've just also spotted when looking at the second-round draw that ICT's coefficient is lower than teams from Malta and the Faroe Islands! That shows how far Scottish football has slipped in recent times.

Also surely reflects the advantage the really diddy countries have: the have the same tiny pool of clubs that always play in Europe; hence a reasonable club co-efficient. As it's Caley's first time in Europe they're being punished for that fact. Saints four-in-a-row helps us a bit in that respect.

What I was really surprised by is Aberdeen, runners-up in Scotland, having to enter at the same stage as Airbus in Wales. That's frightening. And wrong.