Europa League 2015/16

David123

Think I'll give the first round a miss unless it's a uk tie in the hope of a bigger trip. Only going to be able to make one trip I reckon

yeah I am hoping for an irish or Welsh team in first round.

According to official site, there are 51 potential opponents, 7 of which are Welsh or irish.

What are the odds of us finally getting a short trip?

I sent mine off last night for renewal. If you do it online then you only have to send in one sheet of paper that you print off, two pictures and your old passport. They say three weeks from receipt of that so I'd be hoping to have it back, at worst, a couple of days after the draw is made.

Anyone any suggestions on the best method to renew an expired passport?

It says up to 3 weeks but that then leaves just one week to receive it before the 2nd July

Thinking of taking the safe approach and booking a fast track at the passport office in Glasgow

Both myself and the missus renewed ours recently. Was much quicker than expected - only took about 1 week from posting the application form.

Is it a pure luck of the draw who gets the first leg?

Just discovered I'm on holiday on the date of the first round, first leg. Had thought that wouldn't matter as we should get through that and I can go to the second round game. Now discover that looks unlikely due to pesky people at work taking their holidays in the week the second leg takes place.

Might have to pray for a third round trip.....

It says up to 3 weeks but that then leaves just one week to receive it before the 2nd July

Thinking of taking the safe approach and booking a fast track at the passport office in Glasgow

This must be the busiest times of year for passport renewals;  save yourself a load of stress pay the wee bit extra and book a fast track appointment- these get busy too so don't procrastinate. 

Book the fast track over the phone. My mate did it and they confirmed it will be done in time etc over the phone before you pay.

I used the online renewal option.

Took just over a week for it to come.

It arrived on Saturday morning just before ICT did us wee favour.

Also, re: teams we could play. Round one tends to be regionalised to some extent, on an entirely ad hoc basis.

I've seen a list based on last year's regionalisation that suggests we'd be looking at teams in ROI, NI, Wales, Luxembourg, Latvia, Estonia, Lithuania, Norway or Finland.

Faroe Islands? Could they cope with 1000 or so Saintees invading their shores?

I was wondering about this as well. I thought in previous years the seeded team was away for the first leg then home for the second leg.. .

Does anyone know for sure?

Just checked the fixtures for the same round last year and it was definitely just luck of the draw.

Just checked the fixtures for the same round last year and it was definitely just luck of the draw.

Cheers. UEFA really don't make life easy for supporters of the wee teams in terms of arranging time of work, travel etc, do they??!!!!

Would like a team from Ireland or Wales the first round as well. Cork City would be a great trip!