Alashkert V Saints. Europa League Q1.. 1St Leg, Thurs 2Nd July

Would've snapped their hands off, if I got offered the trip for £500, a bit off that it was done in an underhand way.

I think there are quite a few that would of happily been on the plane at that price. Quite dissapointed with this news to be honest. There are 1600 season ticket holders that surely should have had the chance to make the trip, when I'd assume £1000 for a trip to Armenia is out of budget for a lot of people.

The Club has done so much to foster better relations with fans and the PR from the club is light years ahead of what it was. If it is true that certain fans have benefitted from more advantageous terms than others it is simply unfair and very damaging to the Club. I sincerely hope these reports are untrue and a statement from the Club is forthcoming clarifying what has happened. I am not holding my breath    :sad:  

Fans on the charter help to subsidise the huge cost of travel, and make the whole experience for club and supporter more palatable from a money point of view. If fans who have paid full whack for previous charter flights have been offered a cut rate for this trip as a reward for their substantial financial contribution, then good on the club.

Rumours...

Saints thought they had booked a 100 seater which was sold out. Turns out it's a 130 seater. The fans paying full whack had covered the costs of the playing staff etc so there were 30 seats available who would only have to cover their accommodation costs. These 30 seats were offered to those who paid the full amount first, to see if there was anyone who they thought might like to come at a cheaper rate. By Friday morning more than half had gone. What's the issue? I've paid full price, why shouldn't I get first chance at inviting a friend?

Rumours...

Saints thought they had booked a 100 seater which was sold out. Turns out it's a 130 seater. The fans paying full whack had covered the costs of the playing staff etc so there were 30 seats available who would only have to cover their accommodation costs. These 30 seats were offered to those who paid the full amount first, to see if there was anyone who they thought might like to come at a cheaper rate. By Friday morning more than half had gone. What's the issue? I've paid full price, why shouldn't I get first chance at inviting a friend?

That sounds a lot fairer than simply "selected fans" been offered cheaper deals.

Rumours...

That's me finished. I'm not supporting Saints any more. Stirling Albion for me from now on.

Rumours...

Makes total sense now that it's been explained, but it'll be sad/frustrating for some to read because what it means is that a mix up has bumped up the cost and priced some fans out of the trip. Accounting for those extra 30 seats from the very start could have brought the individual price down considerably and made it more affordable.

Rumours...

its pretty simple what the issue is that folk have paid roughly a grand and because someone has bawsed up thats probably about 200 more than they should have

Edited by 541ntees