Alashkert V Saints. Europa League Q1.. 1St Leg, Thurs 2Nd July

In terms of European two legged fitba it's actually not a bad result but frankly ( and I might take some stick for this) I thought we were out though and out fought. They are supposed to be one of the weakest teams in the whole competition but if you watched that not knowing, you would have though Saints were the lower rated side. Some awful performances by quite a few but I suppose we don't know how much the heat, travel and time changes affected Saints. Suffice to say, if we play anything like as poorly as that next week, you can forget anything other than an embarrassing exit. Thank phuck it is only half time.

I agree but considering on paper they're lower ranked than the team Aberdeen beat 8-0 last season, it's pretty embarrassing.

All it goes to show is that UEFA's ranking system isn't worth the paper it's written on. Of course they're ranked poorly, they're a new team. The rankings don't correspond in any way with a teams ability.

You can say what you like but my point is unsurprisingly we have put in a crap display against a team that wouldn't give us a game if we bothered turning up. What I know about Armenian football is irrelevant.

No it's not. How do you know they didn't have an extra gear or two? The truth is, people think because they don't know a team they're automatically going to be shite. I was hoping for a 0-0 pre match, losing 1-0 isn't the end of the world considering who was missing.

1-0 them probably fair enough. They started really well, much quicker and looked better technically. Looked as if we'd weathered the worst of it then Broony switched off for a second and the lad took his goal well.

The heat is a nightmare to play in when you're not used to it, reminds me of a scotland 0-1 defeat in scorching hot Macedonia a few years ago.

The most disappointing thing was the complete lack of ability at times to string any passes together, and unforced mistakes like blasting crosses over the bar or over hitting passes out the park. Spoony seemed to fall back into his form from the end of last season and consistently pass the ball to the opposition. Thought Maclean was far from the worst to be honest

Still more than capable of going through, especially with a noisy crowd behind us at McD. Have to go canny though cos they'll try to sit back and play on the break, they're quick and we can't afford to lose another goal...

Very puzzling line-up for starters.MacLean with Sutton,Lappin with Davidson,Scobbie with MacKay..its no surprise really

Correct.a lot of old legs their. Thought we should have started with Kane to rummel them up.

Agree on the two strikers. Possibly a bit too adventurous for the away leg?

We really need an injection of pace and creativity in there though, we are so one paced going forward other than O'Halloran.. Hopefully we've still got a player or two in that mould to come in (Swanson!!!).

No it's not. How do you know they didn't have an extra gear or two? The truth is, people think because they don't know a team they're automatically going to be shite. I was hoping for a 0-0 pre match, losing 1-0 isn't the end of the world considering who was missing.

Again you can say what you like but the fact is we put in a crap display which was my main point against a team that we should be more than able to compete with. There is no ifs, buts or maybes about that.

In terms of European two legged fitba it's actually not a bad result but frankly ( and I might take some stick for this) I thought we were out though and out fought. They are supposed to be one of the weakest teams in the whole competition but if you watched that not knowing, you would have though Saints were the lower rated side. Some awful performances by quite a few but I suppose we don't know how much the heat, travel and time changes affected Saints. Suffice to say, if we play anything like as poorly as that next week, you can forget anything other than an embarrassing exit. Thank phuck it is only half time.

Agree with most of that Ghostie, but their ranking is just because they've never played before and the country has a poor record, so it didn't meani that they were butchers , bakers or candlestick makers. Some people seemed to take an arrogance about the tie( not you)

If you have the good of Saints at heart you want the tie to still be in the balance so as to ensure a good crowd at McD for the return leg . Otherwise you will get arseholes like brownout  saying im no going no point the ties won already

I have the "Good of Saints at Heart" and it is deffo in the "Balance"  will "brownout" be attending.!?