Alashkert V Saints. Europa League Q1.. 1St Leg, Thurs 2Nd July

Everyone who has paid the full price knows because the club has phoned them and given them the opportunity to bring a friend at a reduced price on a first come first service basis. Most seem to be fine with it and presumably taken up the option of bringing a friend. Not the club's fault you don't know anyone on the charter. What other way could they have done it?

My understanding is that the charter company indicated that they would be putting on a plane of 130 seats rather than 100 as originally stated at no extra cost to the club.

This is where the additional seats have come from at a late stage and therefore it would have been unfair to deal with any other way than the offer made to those already booked

It would not have been practicable to recalculate the cost and then try to fill with htose that had rejected the original price and probably could not now go due to cancelling holidays and work commitments.

Yes I did book at original price and took up the offer of an additional place.

Surely the club can also do whatever the hell they want. They chartered the plane, they can sell seats to whoever they want for whatever price they want.

I don't understand why fans have some god given right to be given free/cheap deals by the club?

To be honest, I find the whole toys out the pram 'what about me?' Attitude extremely cringeworthy.

Edited by montrosesaintee

Surely the club can also do whatever the hell they want. They chartered the plane, they can sell seats to whoever they want for whatever price they want.

I don't understand why fans have some god given right to be given free/cheap deals by the club?

To be honest, I find the whole toys out the pram 'what about me?' Attitude extremely cringeworthy.

I like your posts if for nothing else - common sense.

Lets get back to to the footy and discussing what might be a tricky tie with a huge reward!

I'm pretty sure TW will start with a fairly cautious approach but we would love to have a goal or two to take to Perth.

I can't find any decent info on this team but some of you smart anoraks can surely give us some background on what we might be up against.

Don't think anyone was expecting free deals, but we're hoping for an explanation as to how club came to the decision of offering cheaper deals at almost half price. Now that hsf has done the clubs job for them, I'm happy at how the decision was made, although not aware if all extra places have been filled,or if there still some available

Think questions could justifiably have been asked if the club had arsed up the numbers and plane capacity in the first instance, as could be assumed by reading HSF's posts. Templar Saint's explanation clears things up though.

Don't think anybody was looking for freebies or a cheap trip, just a fair deal for all.

Edited by Kevin James Is On Stilts

They can indeed do what they want. So can any company.

Doesn't make it right, necessarily.

just read about the extra 30 seats, bonus to those who can now go.  As for those wanting explanations, will it make you sleep any better at night?  

Wish I knew someone on the charter, I could have been tempted although saving my cash for Kazakstan trip next round (or Belgrade, although I doubt it)

I also thought of becoming a Bino for this season - saw them a few times at Annfield when it was on the go - the new stadium is quite good too and close to the Swimming pool.

Close to the swimming pool, where you bring your camera into the changing cubicles, allegedly. :wink: