Alashkert V Saints. Europa League Q1.. 1St Leg, Thurs 2Nd July

Right, that's all the friendlies out of the way now, or certainly the ones before this match.

No game time for Millar or Anderson, so I very much doubt they'll start on Thursday night. I think Tommy will opt for experience up front, but may bring Brown into the midfield.

I think we'll go;

Mannus

Shaughnessy McKay Scobbie Easton

Wotherspoon Davidson Lappin O'Halloran

Maclean Sutton

Obviously a few missing, but even still we've got some options in the squad. Caddis, Brown, Kane and Clark (ie FOUR youth products) could quite easily come into the team and we wouldn't be substantially weakened. We've also got Wright available and possibly Cummins too. Comrie, Thomson, Gilchrist, Rodger and McLaren have all made the 25 man squad, so would think some of those guys will take places on the bench. It seems that Saints are confident that Anderson will be fit enough to travel, same with Cummins, The Courier seems to be more or less ruling out Millar though unfortunately.

I hope you all enjoy the journey over. Quite gutted that I can't make it personally, but I'm sure you'll all have a great time.

Why so much anger and hatred? are people seriously suggesting we shouldn't be comfortably winning this tie?

You're getting better. Some capital letters this time, just a shame full stops and capitals after a question are letting you down.

Ignoring the inadequate trolling going on, we really should be beating this side fairly comfortably. The bookies have us as 1/4 favourites for the away leg. This will be the weakest side we have played in European competition and anything other than us qualifying would be an embarrassing result. More than confident we will manage it though.

Read an article last week in which the Alashkert manager was saying that despite their average attendance only being about 300/400, they were hoping the game would capture the imagine of more locals and they were thinking attendance might be closer to 7,000.

If you have the good of Saints at heart you want the tie to still be in the balance so as to ensure a good crowd at McD for the return leg . Otherwise you will get arseholes like brownout saying im no going no point the ties won already

Wouldn't really go with that to be honest, game in the balance means chance we go out. Get it wrapped up and move on to bigger ties in the next round. I think even with a 2 or 3 goal lead we'd be looking at 5000+

If you have the good of Saints at heart you want the tie to still be in the balance so as to ensure a good crowd at McD for the return leg . Otherwise you will get arseholes like brownout  saying im no going no point the ties won already

Not me mate, I'd be delighted if we were out of sight after the first leg. I remember Minsk too well. We'd get less of a crowd possibly, but all the regular support would still go plus a few floaters.

Would get the confidence up, and give us a chance to give more squad players a game and nurse Millar and Ando back to match fitness; the second round is only a week later. The further Saints progress, the more the club start to benefit from U€£A prize money, bigger crowds and possibly even tv coverage, so the income side of it will take care of itself if we're successful.

All hypothetical of course.. It'll probably be much closer than folk think, we're not a big scoring team so I'd be pleasantly surprised if we hammered anyone by a few goals.

I'd be happy with any kind of win over there.

Agree with most of that. However, if we do progress, and draw yet more teams in Mordor or wherever, Saints will lose an absolute fortune, regardless of the home crowds. The Chairman made it clear after the draw that Saints have yet to break even in a (recent) Euro campaign.

Can I just add my admiration and jealousy of those heading off to these far distant places, and hope you have a braw and above all safe trip.

On reflection I think I might be getting a wee bit carried away in my responses to brownouts negative comments.

I would be delighted if Saints came back from Armenia with a comfortable win.

There is plenty money to be made from the group stages onwards.

Besides any real Saints fans who are able to go will be there I personally have already booked for the curry night.

Enjoy the trip all you lucky kunts who are going, and get us through to hopefully the 3rd round as I am off to sunny Spain when both 2nd round ties are on.