Saints V Alashkert Europa League Q1 2Nd Leg Thurs 9Th July 2015

There is a trend these days at sporting events to have a minutes clapping instead of silence.  As soon as some started clapping in the family stand, everybody else starting clapping for a minute.

That was introduced for old firm types who often have folk shouting through a minutes silence, so they drown it out with applause instead. We don't need to, and silence is far more respectful, but some tool in the Ormond Stand turned it into applause and everyone had no choice but to join in. The ridiculous tannoy didn't help.

The tannoy for the announcement was very poor wasnt on in the East stand where I was, but improved for the announcement in Armenian.

Blueheaven you are wrong they were a pub team and we should have beat them out of site,why Caddis was not on from the start beggars believe . Did not even know Sutton was on the pitch, at least moh had a go, oh for Kenny Aird or Freddie on the wing.

an absolute disgrace, it's taken me this long to calm down from it. Every player should be ashamed of themselves. Out of europe at the hands of a pub team and the result right up there with the worst in scottish football history.

As I have said before this is what we get for Browns penny-pinching. The manager is also on thin ice if he thinks we can just punt long balls all season and expect to stay up. keep midfielders on the bench and play defenders in midfield instead?

ABSOLUTE DISGRACe

^^^^^^^^^^ Had a few days off and back on Monday type post.

an absolute disgrace, it's taken me this long to calm down from it. Every player should be ashamed of themselves. Out of europe at the hands of a pub team and the result right up there with the worst in scottish football history.

As I have said before this is what we get for Browns penny-pinching. The manager is also on thin ice if he thinks we can just punt long balls all season and expect to stay up. keep midfielders on the bench and play defenders in midfield instead?

ABSOLUTE DISGRACe

Now we know how Rosenborg and Luzern had no doubt felt in previous years.   Get over it and move on.  

Edited by GMac

ABSOLUTE DISGRACe

Are you sure you have calmed down?

Blueheaven you are wrong they were a pub team and we should have beat them out of site,why Caddis was not on from the start beggars believe . Did not even know Sutton was on the pitch, at least moh had a go, oh for Kenny Aird or Freddie on the wing.

I don't think I'm wrong, but perhaps we have different definitions of "pub team". Would you say Alashkert were worse than sides we face in the Scottish Premier such as Partick, Ross County, Killie etc? Because to me they actually looked better than some of those teams.

If we're being totally fair is it not also the case that European football four years in a row plus a Scottish Cup win is "what we get for Brown's penny-pinching"?

Cup shocks happen all the time in football, and unfortunately we've just been on the end of one. The bigger picture under Brown and Wright is still pretty bloody positive though.

they absolutely were not. 

Well I can only disagree. To me quite a few of their players played with a quickness of thought and technique that you don't see much of in the average mid-table Scottish Premier League match. Several of their players would comfortably get a game for teams in our league.

maybe not, it still makes me mad. 

are you not bothered?

yes im bothered that we should have beaten them if we played to our potential but a new season starts soon and once our injuries are back maybe a couple of signings we will have another tremendous season. this is the best time in history to be a saints fan-cheer up!

I'm still stumped as to why he was booked for that and even more confused as to why if it was Alashkert's free kick, why their player was booked.

If you watch the incident again you will see Ando actually puts his hand in the others guys face just before the elbow occured.

I'm still stumped as to why he was booked for that and even more confused as to why if it was Alashkert's free kick, why their player was booked.

Same here, and the fact the ref originally had the red card out for Ando before swapping it for a yellow to book both

you should. also ask them why you are so angry over a football forum as its not normal behaviour

I'm not angry over a football forum. I'm peeved that my council tax is being wasted on your wages.

Now let's suppose Steve Brown was to give you your wish and leave, who would you want to replace him?