If It's Kairat Almaty......

McCarry One Nil

Nobodys saying it's a certainty - just saying this is the official line and no what had previously been said on here

Dave - hope to make it - need to go from London I reckon - about £450 with a stop somewhere last time I looked - found accommodation for £25 for 4 nights hahaha - thought maybe about going large and looking for £ 100 though :)

I'm looking to go. Great news the visa situation has been extended as 'no visa', as last week it was uncertain if their would be an extension after the end of the last 12 months.

Loads of hotels to choose so will look forward to a fans base.. city looks great! It's far from the perception that is painted!

Edited by Dave H

I'm pretty keen to go but will probably depend on whether I can persuade others.

Don't think anybody is being disrespectful and assuming that we will win.  It's just that there won't be much time to get organised so people will need have looked at routes, enquired about holidays at work etc beforehand in some cases.

BA direct from Heathrow to Almaty (Tuesday to Friday) is pricey but Avios points may make it a realistic option.

Anybody looking for mega cheap option - Paris to Almaty via Kiev Tue to Fri was £251 last time I checked. Involves an overnight stay in Kiev on the Tuesday night and gets in at 4am on matchday.  Away at 5am on the Friday morning.  Flights from Edinburgh to Paris £273 return and probably too tight for time between flights but may be of interest to those down south

Edited by Baiggers

Can't play though.

Meant to be signing another Ukrainian legend too. Kershakov - spelt wrong!

Aleksander Kerzhakov? Ex zenit striker who played for Russia in the last World Cup I think. I remember him missing a bunch of sitters in the Euro 2012 group stages. Good player otherwise though

Aleksander Kerzhakov? Ex zenit striker who played for Russia in the last World Cup I think. I remember him missing a bunch of sitters in the Euro 2012 group stages. Good player otherwise though

Yeah just dawned on me Russian rather than Ukranian but yeah the same guy.

Apparently signing anyway.

I'm pretty keen to go but will probably depend on whether I can persuade others.

Don't think anybody is being disrespectful and assuming that we will win. It's just that there won't be much time to get organised so people will need have looked at routes, enquired about holidays at work etc beforehand in some cases.

BA direct from Heathrow to Almaty (Tuesday to Friday) is pricey but Avios points may make it a realistic option.

Anybody looking for mega cheap option - Paris to Almaty via Kiev Tue to Fri was £251 last time I checked. Involves an overnight stay in Kiev on the Tuesday night and gets in at 4am on matchday. Away at 5am on the Friday morning. Flights from Edinburgh to Paris £273 return and probably too tight for time between flights but may be of interest to those down south

I'm a maybe at the moment but if going would probably use avios and have a companion voucher I need to use by September.