Thanks Saints

jazzsaint

I know that we are all disappointed with tonights result.

However I just wanted to thank my wee home town football club for bringing European football once again to Perth.

I was too young to remember any of the European games played at Muirton but I have been to every one at McDiarmid Park.

I have watched 2 UEFA cup Games (1999-2000) and 6 Europa League games (2012-2016)

In all the eight games I have only seen Saints defeated at home once! I feel privileged to have witnessed this achievement.

I know we have been spoiled with having such recent great successes and tonights result for me is very bitter sweet.

I just wanted to thank everybody that works so hard for our club for the great memories.

Im definitely going to try and keep the blue flag flying high, as I know there will be difficult times ahead.

COYS

Bit soon?

I get what you are saying, and agree wholeheartedly, but just wait until some of our moaners and trolls read this - it's going to be messy.

I certainly still love Saints and will fly the flag high and proud, through thick and thin. Still reckon there's a good season ahead for us.

Edited by montrosesaintee

Optimistic monty. I reckon we are about to have our 'murrawell' season. Might not go down, but over these last two games there is not enough belief in the squad. The young un's ain't a patch on the lads they aspire to replace and the old guard can't keep dragging their carcass's to the well. In short.

We are done.

good times over.

We were always a yo yo club.

Tommy has done amazingly fantastic with the great squad he had, but unfortunately it costs more than we have to sustain.

We are now at the top of the slippery slope.

The challenge is to halt the downward spiral before we become a morton, Dunfermline, St johnstone... again.

Optimistic monty. I reckon we are about to have our 'murrawell' season. Might not go down, but over these last two games there is not enough belief in the squad. The young un's ain't a patch on the lads they aspire to replace and the old guard can't keep dragging their carcass's to the well. In short.

We are done.

good times over.

Tommy has done amazingly fantastic with the great squad he had, but unfortunately it costs more than we have to sustain.

The challenge is to halt the downward spiral before we become a morton, Dunfermline, St johnstone... again.

Please go and follow one of the old firm.

You are a mutt and know nothing about St.Johnstone or the realities of football.

Frankly I'm embarrassed that people like you claim to follow Saints.

We are done.

good times over.

Oh my god. I actually can't believe what I am reading. From the highs of Aberdeen just a few weeks ago to this? Last night was down to a horrendous injury list. Nothing more. No team would cope with the whole midfield injured at the same time. All it highlights is a lack of depth which Tommy has always pointed out you need to be successful in Europe, cup competitions and the league campaign all together. All four midfielders won't be out for the same game every week going forward and we won't always lose both centre halves in the same game the whole midfield is already missing. Last night was just rotten luck and a bad goal conceded on the break. Disappointing yes, but give me peace with the doom and gloom.

Having read the Topic Header,I too would like to add my thanks for getting European football again.

Disappointed that victory at home was not enough,however that gives us 3 weeks to get ready for the league.

It is also disappointing that when a positive thread starts it is right away filled with negativity.

If you are going to rip your knitting every time Saints have a set-back.....you are following the wrong team.

Despite my comments in the match thread, which are based on what I've seen this last year, I echo the OP's thoughts. These last six or seven years have been incredible, with so many highs. At times, far from overachieving, I thought we could have done even more, hence frustration at times. We have seen top six finishes, a cup win and had the opportunity to travel to European matches four years in a row. It's been immensely enjoyable but ultimately I'm not sure it's sustainable. Hope I'm wrong. :)

I was gutted last night, went to bed on a downer. This morning I'm feeling more optimistic. We have a good team, a good manager, who have got into a winning way. Another top 6 finish and hopefully another crack at Europe.

To all the pessimists: I remember when we were in the bottom division and were within hours of going burst. I, and lots of others, always had hope. The good times came back and recently have lasted a few years, great feelings. However if we do have a bad spell, I'll still be a Saint. It's in the blood.

COYS

I was gutted last night, went to bed on a downer. This morning I'm feeling more optimistic. We have a good team, a good manager, who have got into a winning way. Another top 6 finish and hopefully another crack at Europe.

To all the pessimists: I remember when we were in the bottom division and were within hours of going burst. I, and lots of others, always had hope. The good times came back and recently have lasted a few years, great feelings. However if we do have a bad spell, I'll still be a Saint. It's in the blood.

COYS

Exactly. One of my greatest achievements is seeing my two sons growing up to share my love of St Johnstone, even if I had to commit child abuse on one of them :)

Basically what I was trying to say in my first post was , to quote an old song which was sung after the opposition scored.

We will support you ever more (fuq the score)

I wasn't trying to be doom and gloom and didn't want the thread to degenerate into a we a fuqed type thread.

As was said above, to truly appreciate success you must experience failure.

I am looking forward to this season!

Coys

We are done.

good times over.

wow.

We are done.

good times over.

Oooft.

When I started typing, my intentions were to agree with op...

Yes. It is a fantastic time to have supported saints. I repeat tommy Wright HAS done fantastic work with his resources.

I maybe wanted to add a foot note that this period might be on the wane, purely down to economics etc, but allowed my self to indulge in a maudlin 'we are doomed' diatribe.

It is probably the eternal pessimist in me, but every season starts full of glorious hope, then a dodgy result puts me on that sort of downer.

I don't suggest sacking board. On the contrary, they and the previous regime deserve our thanks.

In tommy I trust, do I expect him to get us relegated? No. Again, I would like to offer him thanks for the good times.

Better?

Please go and follow one of the old firm.

You are a mutt and know nothing about St.Johnstone or the realities of football.

Frankly I'm embarrassed that people like you claim to follow Saints.

why would I follow one of the old firm? How is that relevant to anything to do with the topic? As far as I am aware, the old firm fans expect, nay demand, the success to continue... I would say I was the opposite. I have a natural expectation of 'nearly' and 'plucky' and 'ah, we can't win them all'. But I also appreciate (d) the good times with unbridled joy.

And 'mutt'? What do you even mean by that? More childish name calling.

Also, 'I know nothing about st johnstone' ?

Please detail the bits I got so badly wrong? I admit I went off on one last night, and perhaps vocalised my disappointment in an inappropriate thread, but my (badly made) point still stands. Someday soon we must expect to fail to achieve these giddy heights.

your's in expectation... etc

Last night was disappointing but with all our injuries the team we had to play was by no means the one that Tommy would have liked to field. Surely the pundits like Alan Preston etc would have made hours of discussion had say Celtic were missing five of their normal starting eleven.

I am always wanting us to win which we did and would never be happy after a defeat however this saves us another long trip in a competition which this year has been a disaster for all the fans that would have a wonderful trip to somewhere in Europe like Germany,France etc.

What's the point of being in a competition like this.

It's a pity United didn't get fourth and we could have enjoyed their misery.

That's tongue in cheek as I was desperate to finish above them.

Cheer up................. we are still in Europe.................................Real Sociedad at New Bayview next week :)

how much is the Charter for this one ?      Does Fife have an International airport or will this be a long journey ?  Where do Real Socieadad come from ?  Will their supporters get the Stand ?   How many subs will they play ?