Hearts V Saints. Sunday 2 August 12.30 K-O.

Just seen that we are only getting 700 tickets for this game. Now I know it's a Sunday, it's early AND it's on TV but  I wonder if this will mean a good few  will miss out??

I have seen us take upwards of 1200 to Tynecastle on opening day..  One that basis, I have just been up to McD and got our 3 tickets. I would suggest if you are definitely going, you get yours sorted ASAP as well to avoid disappointment. 

Having only seen the Aberdeen friendly so far and  some stop start grainy images of the away Euro game, and having been away on holiday for the last two weeks I feel a bit out of the loop in terms of injuries etc, so I have no idea  how we will set up and with who playing where. Going to the Blackpool friendly on Saturday so hopefully that will answer some of my questions.

Also , no idea of how the new look Jambos will set up and whether there new player will gel immediately. Lets hope not. Really looking forward to this though and would be great if we could get of to a flyer this season..   COYS

Ticketing info  can be found here.

http://www.perthstjohnstonefc.co.uk/newsitemsdetail.php?param=3670

Edited by The ghost of Jim Morton

let me fill you in....we are utter tosh and will not win neither Hearts or Aberdeen

If that came from someone other than you fella I might worry, but you would still moan if we had Messi, Ronaldo and Rooney in our starting 11.. :wink:

Why do you mention Aberdeen??  we don't play them till 3rd of Oct??

Looking at our opening games I would be delighted with 10 points after 5 games. :razz:

watch the friendly and then do a new hearts v saints thread

Why would I start a new one exactly??  How many do we need ??

I might have left this a few days but given the  small number of tickets we have got, I thought it prudent to give everyone a heads up  as well. :wink:

I am very public spirited you know. :cool:

We are missing loads of players at the moment.

Mackay, Anderson and Davidson are definitely out.

Lappin, Wright and Wotherspoon are very doubtful.

It's going to be a difficult match - Hearts' first top flight game, a sell out and they're no mugs either.

Team will deserve huge credit if they get anything out of this game.

Is it just me that thinks they could really have handled the ticket sale a bit better? I understand they maybe think there won't be a rush for these tickets considering the game is now on a Sunday and live on TV but I decided as soon as the fixtures were released that I was going to this game regardless of whether it was the Saturday or Sunday and I know a lot of other people are planning on making a day of it in Edinburgh. In my mind it's about as good an opening day fixture as we could've got in terms of anticipation and build up.

At the risk of sounding like a complete season ticket snob, I actually do expect to have some window of priority for tickets as a season ticket holder. It's a big factor when I make the decision to buy one as it gives me peace of mind that I'm always likely going to be able to get tickets for the games I want to go to. With no prior warning, the club just post on the website that the tickets are now on general sale on a first come first served basis and once they're gone they're gone? Also it's far less than we are maybe used to receiving at Tynecastle. I was fortunate that two friends text me to tell me they were on sale and got through on the phone at the first time of asking.

Saying they will be available to buy at the game on Saturday and any unsold tickets will be available at Tynecastle on the day suggests the club aren't really convinced they will sell 700 tickets which is surprising to me but maybe they know something we don't. I expected they would've given prior warning as to when they would be going on sale i.e. Monday morning with even a 1 day priority window for season ticket holders. Maybe I'm the only person literally counting down the days to the game and it's not really as exciting to other folk! :laugh:

Edited by SaintSam1884

Because it was obvious we were getting very few tickets (Hearts can sell-out quite easily) then some friends and I booked hospitality for the Sat.

When it changed we cancelled as the meal etc.is AFTER the match and I dont fancy that.As the 4 of us are a bit older we have decided against scrambling for a ticket and just watch at home.I think it will be a great test for us and we might just might get a result.

I sat in that lower bit at the semi final many years ago now and it was unpleasant. Might've had more to do with the people around me right enough. Paid the extra for the upper seats although £6 extra for that is a farce. It's hardly what you'd call a two tier stand is it? It's like selling the east stand as a two tier stand!