Mickey Mouse Cup!

Center Half

Presumably you realise that this is a St Johnstone forum and none of us on here are going to be either interested in, or supportive of, your pro-Rangers posts. Don't you think such posts would be better suited to a Rangers forum? Especially all this "Saville central" stuff, which is just downright unwelcome.

Oh, that's alright Blueheaven. I don't expect much incoming traffic, perhaps in the unlikely case of the Rangers losing, I'll expect a hurl of abuse, but I have thick skin.

Yes there are excellent website forums for Rangers fans, good they are too, but I also have my roots in Perth and have recently moved back, so my connection is strong here and we do have common goals up to a point.

Don't you speak like that to our pet Zombie. Shame on you.

So, Ted, how do you feel about homosexuals?

You mention, Abernethy, previous Rangers fans on WAP being banned. I have no knowledge of such people. Do they write in my same style ?

Regarding your question on homosexuals, I don't mind if you are homosexual. No skin off my nose, but if you're cruising, you're barking up the wrong tree I'm afraid - sorry.

Yes, you walked into that one ... :-) :-) :-)

Ted 1 - 0 Abernethy

Oh, that's alright Blueheaven. I don't expect much incoming traffic, perhaps in the unlikely case of the Rangers losing, I'll expect a hurl of abuse, but I have thick skin.

Yes there are excellent website forums for Rangers fans, good they are too, but I also have my roots in Perth and have recently moved back, so my connection is strong here and we do have common goals up to a point.

That's all fine and opposition fans are welcome here. But if you want to use this site as a place to continually spout your love for a rival club - well, that's just going to wind people up and will be seen as trolling, and it's not wanted on here. Please also cut out all the "Saville Park" and "scum" stuff. You don't like Celtic - we get it. 

You don't expect much incoming traffic? Ok. I'll bite.

Sensible posters on this forum are ignoring you because it seems like attention seeking to venture where your viewpoint will be challenged, but your arrogance and bigotry are unwelcome.

1st, do you honestly believe it is relevant to quote some long passed hero of your club when he is talking about an institution, an ethos and an era that are long gone?

Do these quotes from 100 plus years ago have any bearing on how you club is being run now?

2nd. Point 1 above is omitting the real crux of the issue when it comes to why you and your ilk are derided where ever you go, spreading your arrogance like cheap aftershave.

Have you, or any one in an official capacity ever accepted that for 20-25 years you cheated every other club in Scotland with the financial ambiguity that has been uncovered, causing the business supporting your club to implode, leading to the phoenix club re-emerging in the bottom tier. Despite the fact it was the history garnered over decades of cheating that convinced some to allow this new club into the professional leagues at the expense of more worthy and honest clubs. Despite all this 'real rangers men' still bleat on about being hard done by, about being punished by sfa et al.

It was because you were once rangers that you got treated so leniently.

The architects of your demise wore blue blazers.

So adress these issues with humility, and we will talk in a civil manner.

Until then....

Expect to get treated as the troll you appear to be.

Edited by St. Paddy

That's all fine and opposition fans are welcome here. But if you want to use this site as a place to continually spout your love for a rival club - well, that's just going to wind people up and will be seen as trolling, and it's not wanted on here. Please also cut out all the "Saville Park" and "scum" stuff. You don't like Celtic - we get it. 

To come here as a rival is challenging, but to come as a Rangers supporter and survive, is a miracle. In my case I fully understand an extra thin line will divide perceived wind up, or at worst down right offence, from common banter. I hope people see I'm no wind up merchant and certainly no troll.

All understood regarding Jimmy Saville and the green hooped cheeky young scamps of celtic park.

Hello Paddy,

First point.

It wasn't 100 plus years ago. My quotes are excerpts from the speech that the boss Mr Struth gave, when he was presented with a portrait painted by artist Charles Chapman. Not sure of the exact date but it was in 1954 just before his retirement presentation.

As for how the club is now run, well I can see genuine similarities between the reign of Mr Struth and the manner now adopted, since the arrival of Mark Warburton and Davey. I only said similar mind and it's too early to make any real comment. I don't think the guys would be comfortable in bowler hats and suits though. Perhaps a photo shoot for nostalgia.

Second point

Your points could be argued till the cows come home. The same club, was, is and will always remain, I have no doubts in my mind about that. The club itself has never changed, only the company. I won't accept the word "cheat", because that is grossly unfair. The architects of our downfall did indeed wear blazers. The actual club as such was innocent and this is why the grievance against the SFA et al is felt, on my part anyway. The stigma and fallout from this sordid affair was also enhanced due to jealousy and hatred from all comers - it's still blatantly obvious, take Stubbs as the latest example. It is so easy to attack Rangers and everyone takes any opportunity to do so. I'm no handwringer and so I have reached my floor in humility. Mistakes have been made and we all learn from them. It's time to move on and enjoy the future.

As I have said previously, I'm no attention seeking troll.

Well my prediction was a bit ambitious. As you all know, no doubt, it was Rangers 1 - 0 hibs. I'll be honest, we made a bunch of mistakes ... but ... Rangers were far superior. They will only get better. ( see, I'm not being too ascendantist )

At this rate, next season is going to be a cracker.

Now Abernethy, what's all this obsession with the Orange Order ? You know very well the on-going charitable activities of this outstanding traditional organisation. Would you like a wee tune about them ?:cool:

Well my prediction was a bit ambitious. As you all know, no doubt, it was Rangers 1 - 0 hibs. I'll be honest, we made a bunch of mistakes ... but ... Rangers were far superior. They will only get better. ( see, I'm not being too ascendantist )

At this rate, next season is going to be a cracker.

Now Abernethy, what's all this obsession with the Orange Order ? You know very well the on-going charitable activities of this outstanding traditional organisation. Would you like a wee tune about them ?:cool:

reading-ikea-intructions-big-lebowski-co

You say you do not accept the word cheat yet Rangers (as was) were found guilty of cheating and thrown out of the SPL by the pro old squirm football authorities in Scotland who then allowed a new club with striking similarities take their place in the bottom tier. In my eyes that is cheating..........end of story.

Hello Paddy,

Second point

The club itself has never changed, only the company.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Whilst I have always been a Saints supporter since my grandfather first took me to Muirton in the late 50's, I was actually at the same time an admirer of Rangers - the team/squad. Baxter, Henderson, Caldow, Brand etc.. Admiration turned to apathy and the disbelief at the goings on perpretated by the club during the 90's and into the 2000's but that's for another time, let's not go there.

My question to you is this: At which point between 1872 and 2012 did the original club diverge to become a club and a company?

If this event had ever taken place there would be records. If there existed a document which could confirm that they did become a duopoly then it would be trumpeted far and loud by the SMSM and emblazoned on the front pages of Scottish newspapers in perpetuity. It would also be available to be seen on each and every Ibrox related website. In truth no such document exists and therefore as we, the rest of Scottish football supporters know, the only existing Rangers entity, i.e. the club, was liquidated in 2012. In fact that entity, the old original Rangers is still lying on BDO's slab being picked over on behalf of its creditors.

From Wiki:

"Founded in 1872, Rangers were one of the ten original members of the Scottish Football League and remained in the top division continuously until the 'LIQUIDATION' of The Rangers Football Club PLC at the end of the 2011–12 season."

"Rangers, a football club in Scotland, entered financial difficulties during the late 2000s. The club, trading as The Rangers Football Club PLC, entered administration in February 2012. It owed substantial amounts to Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs, who subsequently refused to allow Rangers to exit administration via a Company Voluntary Arrangement (CVA). The Rangers Football Club PLC entered liquidation on 31 October 2012."

Edited by Indicator

Hello Indicator. I will only reply in an unbiased manner but with a Rangers slight lean.

I am no lawyer or contractural wizard, so anything I say is just the thoughts of an unemployed random Rangers ned. Regardless however I reply, it will never be accepted by anyone on WAP any way. I will try to address your points though.

As no one has, or will have, all factual information in the case for public release, average punters must speculate. Now I'm going to use a certain logic here. Bit like Sherlock Holmes. Eliminate the impossible and what remains is the truth by default. Apply this logic to Rangers and we can obviously see there are no underhand activities nor lies having been appropriated here.

If such a document exists, which it clearly must, there is no way that any company would reveal them publicly for exactly the reason we're still discussing this matter all over Scotland. Legally they have been accepted by the required authorities and deemed correct and proper. If they were not in order, then action would have been taken already, that's plainly obvious due to the hatred displayed against the Raners at every opportunity. All legal procedures have been followed by the boards and so what remains is the truthful result. This is the defaulted result of elimination. We are still looking at the same club as was and will be. That matter cannot be disputed and must be accepted by all people. This is not further negotiable in my mind.

I have no doubt, the recent animosity generated around Scotland towards Rangers, is solely driven by fear. Fear of strong competition. I have said previously that the constant vilification of Rangers is unofficially backed by the government. The Scottish government is infested with "jolly craicsters", who relish the thought of Rangers under stress. We clearly saw the actions of the MP Brendan O'Hara. The SNP dishing out jail sentences for bigotry and sectarianism, while offensively referring in public to Rangers fans as "H--s". If our government are stooping to these lowly double standards, what example does that show to the population ! No wonder people are angry with the government.

We need to move on now from this business of clubs "this and that"... history. The Warburton era has begun. Mr King will deal with the BDO scavengers and that odious Ashley person. Mark and Davie will take care of the football and we will take care of the support.

The Rangers are back to the Premier next season and all they need to do is clean the bogs and fix the lousy tasting Coke in the holster pump guns, cause it's totally mingin where I am.

You just hover the mouse pointer over the user name, after a couple of seconds, a window pops up with a few buttons.  One of the buttons is "Ignore User".  Click it and you go to another screen, which is telling you to Add User to Ignore List.  There are 3 checkboxes there, Posts, Messages, and Signature, check those and press the "Update Preferences" button, job done :D

He will wind up one of the uber posters too much one day and then the uber poster will go crying to the mods and he will be banned. So uber posters get on to it tout de suite and get rid of the fecker.

Christ - you love moaning about being the victim of a banning don't you.

Get over it. 

If anything the fact you are back here as a result of your mates' whining to the mods prove you are own of your own "uber posters".

You just hover the mouse pointer over the user name, after a couple of seconds, a window pops up with a few buttons.  One of the buttons is "Ignore User".  Click it and you go to another screen, which is telling you to Add User to Ignore List.  There are 3 checkboxes there, Posts, Messages, and Signature, check those and press the "Update Preferences" button, job done :D

cheers, done.

the guy was a total Dempsey & Wankpiece.