Saints V Ict Sat 8Th August. 3.00Pm Kick-Off

Right then moving swiftly on, we have our opening home game against ICT.  Games between the two clubs have  nearly always been tight, dour affairs. 5-4 anyone??

Seriously though, I hope the boss will be working the defenders hard this week and I hope he gets the starting 11 right.

We now have Macca available but given how the strikers did against Hearts, not sure if it's  just a  place on the bench for the lad??

No news  coming through so far on Millars injury either. And  none of our  already injured boys will be back.

Hoping for a simple back four of Joe the throw, Big Fraze, Brad the lad and the Beast. Scobbie on the bench.

Otherwise something similar to the line up against the Jambos.

A win would be nice but  we will have to work hard to achieve it...

MTS

Edited by The ghost of Jim Morton

It'll either be a snorefest or we'll pump them. I can't decide which.

Clearly we need to continue the attacking we did at Tynecastle but sort out the defending though I do think it's easier to sort that out than it is to magic up a goalscoring formula.

Either way one swallow does not make a summer and all that and while I can't see us defending quite as poorly it remains to be seen whether we look to shitfest games 1-0 or try and encourage the players to repeat the scoring and creating exploits of yesterday.

I'm really looking forward to this. I know we lost on Sunday, but that really was a breath of fresh air compared to some of the turgid games we had to watch last season.

We're almost certainly without Mackay, Anderson, Millar and Davidson which is a huge blow. I'd be tempted to line up as follows;

Mannus

Shaughnessy McKay Wright Easton

MOH Wotherspoon Craig Lappin

Sutton Cummins

I've liked the look of Cummins in both games I've seen him. Sutton needs a strike partner and I feel we need Wotherspoon's energy in the middle of the park if we're going to be without Millar. I wouldn't be against Brown coming in either.

Hopefully another exciting match. Inverness are in a transition phase after losing so many important players. We should be looking to win this match.

Cummins was nowhere to be seen when the Hearts right back got the ball to cross for the winner. At 3-3, he should have been tracking back.

Seriously? He tracked infield and closed down the player who passed the ball out to Paterson. Should he have then sprinted 30 yards to squeeze himself into the 2 yard gap between Easton and Paterson? If anything, Easton should've got himself a bit closer to Paterson to put more pressure on him.

I'm really looking forward to this. I know we lost on Sunday, but that really was a breath of fresh air compared to some of the turgid games we had to watch last season.

We're almost certainly without Mackay, Anderson, Millar and Davidson which is a huge blow. I'd be tempted to line up as follows;

Mannus

Sutton Cummins

I've liked the look of Cummins in both games I've seen him. Sutton needs a strike partner and I feel we need Wotherspoon's energy in the middle of the park if we're going to be without Millar. I wouldn't be against Brown coming in either.

Hopefully another exciting match. Inverness are in a transition phase after losing so many important players. We should be looking to win this match.

I would line up simiar to this. Maybe the only diference being Brown for spoony. Or even Lappin as MOH prefers to be out on the left

Mannus

Sutton Cummins

That's probably the 11 players I'd start with if Miller is not available - no idea who would play in which positions though!

I'd maybe be tempted to play Lappin as the holding midfielder, with Spoony on the right and MOH on the left. Or maybe Lappin on the left and Spoony in the middle, as Lappin is the best crosser of a ball in our squad by a mile. Or Cummins on the left and MOH up front. Although I wouldn't be against Kane playing from the start either. Decisions, decisions.....

Seriously? He tracked infield and closed down the player who passed the ball out to Paterson. Should he have then sprinted 30 yards to squeeze himself into the 2 yard gap between Easton and Paterson? If anything, Easton should've got himself a bit closer to Paterson to put more pressure on him.

He shouldn't have sprinted 30 yards as Paterson should have been his concern in the first place. Easton maybe could have done better when he found himself out there but he couldn't get dragged wide too early as it would have created a big hole. As it was, there was still a hole as Scobbie didn't shuffle across, which would probably have put him in a better position to cut out the ball in.

I actually like Spoony in the middle, he's the closest we've got in terms of a player like Millar in there. He's always looking for the ball and to take it in tight spaces. He does however occasionally lose the ball, but either way there's no replacing Millar in the slightest.

If Midge is unavailable I would play Caddis in his position.I know that many of you will not agree but I think that he is a much better player than he is given credit for

Is Caddis fit though? Not sure I'd play Davidson at all though. Last thing we need is to rush him back.

Edited by Brogan

Is football fans can be a fickle bunch - must admit I was bitterly disappointed after Sundaus defeats, not just because we got beat but the way in which we gifted Hearts there goals!

Fast forward a few days and I'm full of optimisim for Saturday! We usually do well against ICT and a 1-0 win isn't out of the question providing we don't defend like school girls again!

It's no surprise Sutton's goal came as a result of getting a cross into the box, he was unlucky not to score a header in the first half from a lappin cross and if he is to start we need players who can deliver a cross! For me lappin needs to play!

If midge is out then there isn't much choice, brown came on so you'd think he'd go with brown again

Mannus

Joe Mckay Wright Easton

Brown  Lappin

Thomson Craig O'Hallaron

Sutton

subs-Clark Scobbie Caddis Spoony Cummins Kane Rodger

My main worry is that Fraser has been sub in all 3 competitive matches. surely if it was a slight knock he'd be over it by now if it was more serious he should not have been on the bench. even worse Tommy rates him below Scobbie  :? .