Home Bus

Moves are afoot outwith Barossa Saints to attempt to reinstate the Home bus . Barossa Saints have said they do not intend doing any of these buses.

A large amount of supporters are now interested in doing a bus from Scone and would also like to invite fellow supporters who have used the Barossa bus previously on a regular basis but now find themselves without a drinking buddy/bus from Barossa Street.

IF you are interested then PM your details and I will pass them on - A meeting is proposed (date not yet confirmed) and anyone who expresses their interest will be invited along to discuss matters.

Apologies to the Barossa Saints for using your part of the forum but it still involves everyone there,

Moves are afoot outwith Barossa Saints to attempt to reinstate the Home bus . Barossa Saints have said they do not intend doing any of these buses.

A large amount of supporters are now interested in doing a bus from Scone and would also like to invite fellow supporters who have used the Barossa bus previously on a regular basis but now find themselves without a drinking buddy/bus from Barossa Street.

IF you are interested then PM your details and I will pass them on - A meeting is proposed (date not yet confirmed) and anyone who expresses their interest will be invited along to discuss matters.

Apologies to the Barossa Saints for using your part of the forum but it still involves everyone there,

Good initiative Ancient need to keep the bus going anyway we can, but would like to see it leave from the club in a ideal world. 

As chairman i have no personal objections to some other venture being tried but we at Barossa Saints had to make a decision and that decision all be it unpopular was to cancel the home bus due to massive loses

We are a constituted group and have to stick to decisions made and voted for,no matter how unpopular, we cant go chopping and changing

im sorry if folk say they wanted it but its a bit late. Stepping up to the plate now,is it not? The mid week home buses made an even bigger loss

As far as i know no final decision was made on Dundee bus and the last time i spoke to Postie our bus convenor he was going to talk to bus company to see if we could get smaller bus as the Dundee buses traditionaly made big losses due to easy distance and folk able to jump in the car with a family of 5 costing a few bob compared to going on our bus,i can understand this

So as far as I'm concerned a decision has been made on home buses and we have to stick by that, As for Dundee game im sure if Postie can get a smaller bus or there is massive interest for this game,then a decision will be made

Edited by THE LARK SAINT

As chairman i have no personal objections to some other venture being tried but we at Barossa Saints had to make a decision and that decision all be it unpopular was to cancel the home bus due to massive loses

We are a constituted group and have to stick to decisions made and voted for,no matter how unpopular, we cant go chopping and changing

im sorry if folk say they wanted it but its a bit late. Stepping up to the plate now,is it not? The mid week home buses made an even bigger loss

As far as i know no final decision was made on Dundee bus and the last time i spoke to Postie our bus convenor he was going to talk to bus company to see if we could get smaller bus as the Dundee buses traditionaly made big losses due to easy distance and folk able to jump in the car with a family of 5 costing a few bob compared to going on our bus,i can understand this

So as far as I'm concerned a decision has been made on home buses and we have to stick by that, As for Dundee game im sure if Postie can get a smaller bus or there is massive interest for this game,then a decision will be made

Larky Nothing is ever set in stone can this not be put on the Agenda for next meeting or brought up under AOB should be enough time for all interested parties to attend to put forward there views.

Apparently i have as chairman missed something

As vote was 5/4 this has to go to an EGM and be carried by 2 thirds of all members

Apologies to everyone for missing this,constitutions can be mind boggling things though and i have my grandchildren here on holiday so i guess i took my eye of the ball

Arrangements for an EGM will be made as soon as possible

I have,what is your point? Am i being thick and missing something?

2.3 On the Constitution where it states about home / away buses is what the guys are going on about Larky, yes a management dictate  was taken which the Rank and File are challenging needs to be re looked at.

Also forgot to mention the need for a Egm to ratify the  decesion

Edited by sixties saintee

Get the Crieff bus across face Christies boozer it takes ye right past mcdairmid.why hire a bus when there's already one going past the ground.

And if yer fae scone fecking walk tae aforementioned bus stop.walkings good for ye.

And it's an excuse tae go in the strathy and Bridgend bar as a pit stop on yer way tae the bus stop via barossa pub pit stop.

Get fit and get pushed and get tae the game.braw

2.3 On the Constitution where it states about home / away buses is what the guys are going on about Larky, yes a management dictate  was taken which the Rank and File are challenging needs to be re looked at.

Also forgot to mention the need for a Egm to ratify the  decesion

Fuq the constitution have a drink

Sp it seams to me that

We the committee have an EGM to firm up cancellation of home buses run by us and fully support the project run mostly by the Scone lads for home bus with mone of the financial burden and risk

Continue to run away buses as before with the support of afore mentioned Scone lads, jusy as before

Note other thread where we are now running buses to Dundee and Kilmarnock

Hopefully this resloves everything peacefully