2 From 12

jazzsaint

Not a doom and gloom thread, but I think 2 point from a possible 12 points is pretty poor.

I would have expected to have at least one win from the first four games.

if we continue with the same form all season we could statiscally (based on current form) finish with 19 points!

Thoughts please.

More seriously, calm doon. We're doing the thing just now that a lot of teams go through, playing well enough to just fail in every match. One win and I reckon the good times will roll. Not very Saints though to be certain we will score, but equally or more certain some defender will gift a goal or two. We have not been outclassed completely in any game. ITWT

You'd worry if there had been absolutely no redeeming features to our play.

However, we're attacking with far more purpose so far this year -and have scored six in four games so far - and lost those two games by single goals. In both those games we conceded one from a horrendous individual slip that led directly to a goal.

I expect us to come good defensively. Or at least cut out the silly mistakes. We will score goals far more easily than last year as well.

It may not be a top half finish, but I'm not ready to panic any time soon.

We just pipped the Arabs last season and their last two games were throwing away a two-goal lead in a home derby and getting horsed 4-0 by Accies.Typical of early season form.Theres no prizegiving in August.

What? No manager/player of the month? Edited by andrew

I definitely expected us to have more points by now and it's disappointing, but not a massive worry. I haven't seen any of the Dundee game but I saw the other matches and think we've played reasonably well, albeit with issues to sort out. In general I don't think the new line-up has quite gelled yet and there's a disjointed feeling to our play, but despite that we've looked pretty good going forward and I'm confident we'll score significantly more goals than last season. The errors at the back will get sorted out, and our tried-and-tested back four of Mackay-Wright-Ando-Easton are all still there to be called upon if it comes down to it.

The league's going to be a really tight one this year and it'll only take a few decent results to propel any side up the league. As things stand I'd be far more worried if I was a Dundee United fan, given their result on Saturday. Saints are in comparatively good shape and I've no doubt we'll come through this spell, just like we always do under Tommy.