League Cup Draw

templeofsaints

When we beat Hibs and Celtic to win the League Cup, will we be the first to win it after only beating one top tier side?

actually, that might be a Braw bet.....

When the current buns beat us in the 98/99 finale, they had only faced Alloa, Ayr United and Airdrie before hand. The Dasovic strike was the only goal they conceded too. 

The last winners to have beaten both Rangers and Celtic on the way appear to be Aberdeen in 76.

I read that the draw is Monday, but didn't see what time it will be made, is it the usual 1pm?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BRAND NEW ST JOHNSTONE SHIRTS - SALE  Every order from WAP will get a freebie or two thrown in to the package...... >>> VIEW ALL AVAILABLE ITEMS <<<<

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alot of people talking about County at Tannadice, but don't the league have the contracts in place for say Tynecastle and Hampden? I say this because we often talk about having Semi finals in more suitable grounds and yet they always end up in the worst places....thinking Motherwell @ Hampden (my worst attempt at glory hunting!)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BRAND NEW ST JOHNSTONE SHIRTS - SALE  Every order from WAP will get a freebie or two thrown in to the package...... >>> VIEW ALL AVAILABLE ITEMS <<<<

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alot of people talking about County at Tannadice, but don't the league have the contracts in place for say Tynecastle and Hampden? I say this because we often talk about having Semi finals in more suitable grounds and yet they always end up in the worst places....thinking Motherwell @ Hampden (my worst attempt at glory hunting!)

Think it's only The Scottish Cup that always has the semi's at Hampden.

League Cup has always been a bit more flexible though the Edinburgh grounds are used more often than not when two 'wee clubs' ate involved.

I just want to avoid Celtic in the semi as a sparsely populated Hampden just doesn't appeal.

Think it's only The Scottish Cup that always has the semi's at Hampden.

League Cup has always been a bit more flexible though the Edinburgh grounds are used more often than not when two 'wee clubs' ate involved.

I just want to avoid Celtic in the semi as a sparsely populated Hampden just doesn't appeal.

Hampden would be utter hose.

Tynecastle would be a decent bet, and good links to get to it.

Note from a previous post that Draw is 2.00 pm . Why not have it on sports Slot on BBC Scotland News when a lot more supporters would be able to watch it live. Might be wrong but seem to remember this was the case last year  when both Celtic And Rangers were still both involved at   Semi Stage . I am sure most  Saints , Hibs and County fans would love to see Draw but most will be at work/school at 2.00 pm .

Worry not fellow Saintee fans! I am your normal pessimistic Saints fan, but on this occasion I am confident our name is on the cup?! The reason?!? I will miss the final due to the fact I will be in the Southern Hemisphere... No chance of getting back in time from a family wedding!?!? COYS

I always say to poor souls who missed THE cup final 'well would you not rather miss the final and Saints win, than attend and they lost?! Sounds a bit hollow now that I could be in the same situation:cry:

And as for talk of fixed draws, I thought this nonsense stopped when Rangers and Celtic got drawn together in the league cup quarter final in about 1974!

It won't be fixed today and I'm sure it never has or never will be

Edited by cristo