The Rangers Appreciation Thread

TedSimon

Your one to be talking about tax. Is yer roof still got rebar poking oot the tap so you can claim the villa and pool are unfinished to avoid tax. Many unfinished houses in greece.

I am quite happy to give you free tax advice off line at a very low fee. You probably wouldn't understand the requirements or process but I am sure I could help reduce your nett. But we are not talking about my tax bill, I was enquiring about the I.R. case. Has it been finally settled ??? 

Have to say,i find all this "new club" stuff slightly cringeworthy. SPFL website lists Rangers as the same club,as does UEFA and numerous other bodies,including the club itself. And anyone foolish to think this would be allowed is either deluded or clueless,it would be both a criminal and civil offence,and not only the creditors of the oldco but Companies House and BDO would be all over these bodies and the club like a rash. Rangers FC was purchased under the insolvency act. In which the administrators hold full power. They can dispose of the business in any way they deem fit,in either whole or part. When a business becomes insolvent its the insolvency act that regulates it's future. The administrators hold in my view way to much power but that is neither here nor there,it's the law. Rangers FC had to pay the footballing debt once ownership was transferred,something a new club would not have to do,nor would a new club be penalised by a transfer embargo. The club had to agree to accept these sanctions before the SFA membership was transferred from one owner to another. Although a died in the wool Saints fan my father supported Rangers for over 60 years (he was born in Cessnock),and as i sad earlier i find it cringeworthy the lengths some supporters of other clubs go to to try and convince themselves Rangers is a "new" club,when quite simply it's arrant nonsense. And Rangers are far from being the only club to have gone newco,indeed several clubs in Scotland have Hearts being one of them. In England it's even more common and i could cite numerous clubs. None of whom's club status is questioned.  Only in Scotland would such a meaningless topic carry on for such a length of time.

Did Hearts liquidate themselves or did they just go into administration ?

Look. No more tax,liqidation, oldco newco, BDO etc etc. Am fed up listening to the same shlte. You guys know exactly where things stand and with the recent arrests it will ALL come out and show the club is blameless. 

I would expect you to be frustrated with being reminded about liquidation etc. No one likes to be reminded of their errors.

Was the Inland Revenue tax bill finally settled or is it still in the air ??

To the best of my knowledge, IR are still pursuing it on appeal. If they win, they won't get much back from the liquidated cheats, but as I recall the main purpose is to establish a precedent so they can go after other cheats. There was talk way back of a clutch of English clubs being targeted. As far as I know, the liquidation is not yet complete, and this is presumably the reason. 

To the best of my knowledge, IR are still pursuing it on appeal. If they win, they won't get much back from the liquidated cheats, but as I recall the main purpose is to establish a precedent so they can go after other cheats. There was talk way back of a clutch of English clubs being targeted. As far as I know, the liquidation is not yet complete, and this is presumably the reason. 

Thank you.

Having no hair left on my baldy heid to pull out, I'll have to continue with my bottom teeth - look, when are everybudy going to quit the sevco remarks. It's a bit childish Abernethy.

What is the nation coming to when someone can get so wound up by people questioning the status of a company

Look. No more tax,liqidation, oldco newco, BDO etc etc. Am fed up listening to the same shlte. You guys know exactly where things stand and with the recent arrests it will ALL come out and show the club is blameless. 

On the other hand, if... 'it all comes out' - it could show that there should never have been a resurrection of the died club in the first place.

If RIFC/TRFC are found to be the beneficiaries of a dubious asset acquisition. [iirc Someone bought the assets for a figure way below their true value]. Then the creditors of RFC (IL) would be considered to be the victims, to the tune of maybe a few tens of millions then that could surely be 'the end of the current version of Rangers' who could not conceivably compensate RFC (IL) for the market value of those assets.

The assets would presumably have to be sold again to compensate RFC (IL)’s creditors.

All 'if's and but's eh, well, ye never know. Personally I willna' be placing my order for a ticket for the League cup match on 22nd Sep just yet keep smilin' though. :wink:

On the other hand, if... 'it all comes out' - it could show that there should never have been a resurrection of the died club in the first place.

If RIFC/TRFC are found to be the beneficiaries of a dubious asset acquisition. [iirc Someone bought the assets for a figure way below their true value]. Then the creditors of RFC (IL) would be considered to be the victims, to the tune of maybe a few tens of millions then that could surely be 'the end of the current version of Rangers' who could not conceivably compensate RFC (IL) for the market value of those assets.

The assets would presumably have to be sold again to compensate RFC (IL)’s creditors.

All 'if's and but's eh, well, ye never know. Personally I willna' be placing my order for a ticket for the League cup match on 22nd Sep just yet keep smilin' though. :wink:

Talk about twisting the knife. I feel like throwing up. Thanks for that wee cheery post. Rubbish of coarse. You cant reverse the law.

Talk about twisting the knife. I feel like throwing up. Thanks for that wee cheery post. Rubbish of coarse. You cant reverse the law.

you lot just broke it. Repeatedly. You boys try to get through the weekend without planning to burn down a stadium, sending letter bombs through the post, and stabbing young lads in the street, please. Every day, your numbers get fewer, and every day the air in Scotland smells fresher. You've always been scum, you're scum now, and you will always be scum. We don't need you, we don't want you, we don't like you. We are Acotland, not you. Otherwise, have a pleasant evening. Xx

you lot just broke it. Repeatedly. You boys try to get through the weekend without planning to burn down a stadium, sending letter bombs through the post, and stabbing young lads in the street, please. Every day, your numbers get fewer, and every day the air in Scotland smells fresher. You've always been scum, you're scum now, and you will always be scum. We don't need you, we don't want you, we don't like you. We are Acotland, not you. Otherwise, have a pleasant evening. Xx

Pure shlte. Never knew you were a spoonburner or just cannae take the beer.