Cubs Scouts and Boys Brigade (and Girls Brigade)

AthensSaint

Yes me I was in the 17th. Sid Cowper, Kenny Barclay, Graham "Trigger" Cowper, Norrie Panton, the Lamonds, were aw ossifers at the time.

Played fitba for the BBs many years, our great rivals were the 7th, who were the "Top Chippie" compared to our "Bottom Chippie".

You play wae Brian Christie stayed in Brahan terrace

Yes me I was in the 17th. Sid Cowper, Kenny Barclay, Graham "Trigger" Cowper, Norrie Panton, the Lamonds, were aw ossifers at the time.

Played fitba for the BBs many years, our great rivals were the 7th, who were the "Top Chippie" compared to our "Bottom Chippie".

You could not beat the 6th, used to love playing the 17 Th coming from Letham gave it a edge, who did Johnnie Walker play for used to love playing against them no quarter given or expected.

My mum has a group photo of the 17th...pretty sure you are there BC!

I remember an end of year thing...where the parents came and at the stage with Syd...et al there was this elderly wifie...who sat with her legs wide open! Didnae know where to look.

Trying to remember...was that now ex MP E Joyce in the BBs...my mum seems to think so.

I can mind a trip tae Kinloch Rannoch wi the 7th, bloody seniors had all us juniors believing there was an abominable snowman living in the woods haha!!

oh and being picked once for the fitba team (I couldn't play for toffee) match was at south inch, was pissing doon and I walked off the pitch after five minutes!!!

ahhhh good old days!

11th lifeboys at the Middle Church in Tay St the leader played in goal for Kinnoull his family owned a slating firm up the auld High St name escapes me, then I was in the 9th BB

St Leonards church in King St. Meetings were in St Columbas hall in the Newrow , hey sixties whit church was the 6th fae?.

BB football league wis pretty big back in them days away games in Kinross and Burrelton, Letham didnae have a company in them days sounds by what Coltrane says the 7th must have moved fae St Johns kirk up there good times nae xboxes in them days, oh and the annual trip doon to the Fife Riviera Elie

Remembered the name Menzies the slaters 

• 3 weeks later...

10th Perthshire Cubs and Scouts for me.

We were eventually made to split up our football teams to make 3 more even teams, as opposed to 1 really good one, 1 average one and 1 shit one, because leaders of a few other packs claimed we were too good and it wasn't fair on their kids getting beaten by us.

Anybody remember Jock Scotland ran the 7th when it was at St Johns Kirk, then a few years later in my life he was my gaffer when I worked on St Columbas school when it was built

Don't remember him.  It was Mr Phillips and John Hood who ran the 7th when they moved it from St Johns to Letham School.

• 2 weeks later...