Migrants

TedSimon

So with all the news about migrants just now, I'm really interested on what tattie howking SNP followers in Perth think about mass immigration into Scotland. Bearing in mind that an independent Scotland bows to Merkel and her Euro rules and that being unable to limit the numbers from Europe, Scotland will become over run with undesirables.

Remember this has nothing to with fitba.

Ted, I think this issue needs to be properly discussed at a level way above what your IQ could drag up.

Who cares about IQS. School results make no difference. Ehen did anyone use 1aand 2b equal 3c in real life. I got an A in woodwork at school so not so daft after all eh !

So with all the news about migrants just now, I'm really interested on what tattie howking SNP followers in Perth think about mass immigration into Scotland. Bearing in mind that an independent Scotland bows to Merkel and her Euro rules and that being unable to limit the numbers from Europe, Scotland will become over run with undesirables.

Remember this has nothing to with fitba.

Its a political minefield for any party be it Snp /Labour or Conservative.

Lets not beat about the bush here -the United Kingdom government is responsible for the wars that resulted in people running for their lives and taking such drastic measures to get out of a country , where , as a result of their ethnicity are now being slaughtered en mass by the group involved.

Either the UK has to accept some of them OR do something about those groups who do nothing but murder their citizens.

Do you really really take the point of view " of **** the migrants let them stew in that situation"  OR does the humane side of your nature have some compassion ?

Lets not beat about the bush here -the United Kingdom government is responsible for the wars that resulted in people running for their lives and taking such drastic measures to get out of a country , where , as a result of their ethnicity are now being slaughtered en mass by the group involved.

Either the UK has to accept some of them OR do something about those groups who do nothing but murder their citizens.

Do you really really take the point of view " of **** the migrants let them stew in that situation"  OR does the humane side of your nature have some compassion ?

I completely disagree with everything you said above. The UK government is not responsible for the wars.......etc etc   

I think the real asylum seekers should get that and this means the ones that tun up on the nearest border country to escape war. What we got now is mass movement of people with zero prospects and extreme poverty, jumping on the band wagon for a life in Europe. Being poor is not a reason to get a life in the EU.

Also, 99% of these migrants are on the take. You see them all over the news. All the ecomonic migrants should GTF back to the muslim countries. All this destruction of europe is not cased by war in iraq or siria. It is because the EU leaders have no balls.

I definitely do NOT think the migrant issues are a valid reason for some Britain First trolling on an internet forum.  The loss of life, regardless of what the migrants are fleeing from or to, is a shocking waste that is being made into some kind of soap opera by the media.  Media presentation has numbed human kind against atrocities.  

The problem isn't the space available, it's the ability of the infrastructure of the country to accommodate a mass influx of additional people

some solution needs to be found though as the situation is both worrying and heartbreaking

One  needs a deterrent to stop them wanting to come to what ever blessed land. Australians have the perfect solution. 

I definitely do NOT think the migrant issues are a valid reason for some Britain First trolling on an internet forum.  The loss of life, regardless of what the migrants are fleeing from or to, is a shocking waste that is being made into some kind of soap opera by the media.  Media presentation has numbed human kind against atrocities.  

I've got nothing to do with Britain First or any other people like that. I'm all for bringing real asylum seekers here. Regardless if they are from china or africa. I don't care who they are but to open up to anyone and the whole of 3 world is mental. It will destroy our way of life. This migrant problem is just in the begining. It's just started. We have 30 years of this to go. Except by 30 years, europe will be like islamabad or deli or bangladesh.

They are just people.  No different from the people who are already in Britain.

You know Montrose, the EU could fracture over this. Actually I expect it to happen within the next couple of years. Then Scotland would have no source of money to suck from. We would be totally sucked if we went independent. Imagine no money, huge numbers of migrants with zero skills and each with 6 mouths to feed. The prospects are scary. Our politicians need to gie ther head a good rattle. This has all gone way past independence.

I don't go out of my way to disagree. But stating that the UK government is the root cause for the present migration problems is just not true.  

The various UK Governments over recent decades have been very much partially culpable. That is a matter of fact and not opinion.

I'm all for Britain doing our bit to shelter genuine refugees but am wary as to where this will lead, especially as people fawn over each other to be the most modern and welcoming about it. The fact that one photograph kickstarts public opinion in a way that months of thousands of deaths cannot clearly shows the falseness of many people's opinions and the dangers of following them as if they had been well-considered and long held.

See what bother me is the part of our nature as humans to take things for granted.  Putting the current laws and society to one side, what actual right have we personally got to the comfortable life we have in the UK?  In the worldwide, thousands of years history of human kind sense, what have we done as individuals that a syrian refugee on an inflatable dingy not done to deserve better than them.

The only reason to restrict people's movements between countries is to protect what we take for granted as our right to have.  The bottom line is that we are frightened of losing what we have.

Edited by montrosesaintee

The bottom line is that we are frightened of losing what we have.

I completely agree with this and often wish I was more welcoming of those featuring in recent news broadcasts than I am. Guess I'm just not PC mad enough....

Doesn't change the fact that people (and politicians) need to be wary of bowing to social media pressure rather than legitimate and logical pressure, and the reaction to an admittedly very moving picture has been laughable given the previous absence of good-feeling

The social media pressure is borne out of sensationalism, and I think people trying to protect their own conscience, because if it came down to it most of us wouldn't give up our comfortable house and fancy car for parity with people seeking refuge from war torn and less wealthy nations.

I don't want to give up what I have for these people, I like having a roof over my head and food on the table.  I am selfish and greedy.  I shouldn't be able to offset that by posting a shocking photo on facebook though.

I'd happily give up material things to help another. A lot of people in this country are wealthy, I am extremely wealthy compared to those seeking refuge and it wouldn't even cross my mind not to help them. I think a lot of people are jumping on a social media bandwagon but so what, if it has them talking and thinking about it that can only be a good thing. I'd rather they were doing that than reading extremist Daily Mail headlines.

I'd happily give up material things too, but I wouldn't want to give up what I deem as essentials.  

A Syrian refugee might have a slightly different perspective on 'essential' and 'luxury' though.  By the looks of what the media are reporting, essential stops at oxygen and a heartbeat for many of these people.  That to me is heartbreaking when we take so much for granted.