Migrants

TedSimon

PERRRRRRRRRRRLEEEEEEEEEEEASE people talking about "we have space"

is that really your best thinking???????

I find it interesting that suddenly the Tory Rat-Wing Meedja are all left, wooley and soft towards migrants...... who have come up against Rat-Wing Hungarians playing a game of cat and mouse (while admirably trying to enforce EU Rules).......

PERRRRRRRRRRRLEEEEEEEEEEEASE people talking about "we have space"

is that really your best thinking???????

I find it interesting that suddenly the Tory Rat-Wing Meedja are all left, wooley and soft towards migrants...... who have come up against Rat-Wing Hungarians playing a game of cat and mouse (while admirably trying to enforce EU Rules).......

post-28947-let-me-explain-no-there-is-to

See what bother me is the part of our nature as humans to take things for granted.  Putting the current laws and society to one side, what actual right have we personally got to the comfortable life we have in the UK?  In the worldwide, thousands of years history of human kind sense, what have we done as individuals that a syrian refugee on an inflatable dingy not done to deserve better than them.

The hard work and skills of our parents and our forefathers and the desire to provide for their children have played a part in the comfortable life that many of us live today.  Also Scottish personality traits such as innovation, education, frugality, and a warrior instinct to protect what is ours etc., have played a part in making us who we are.  

The poor wee boy washed up is hellish. But the trash that put it on the press are evil. Its all to gain sympathy from everyone. I hate the torys but cameron has got it right. Opening up to more immigrants is not the answer. 10 s of millions of people are waiting to make a move and they will come. The war in iraq has little to do with this. Its been going on in the middle east for thousands of years with the muslims fighting each other and the jews. This is just another saga in the mess of that region and we have imported all our problems. Importing more is not going to fix it.

See the SNP, they want immigrants because they need around 4 million fo fuel post independence. We have no economy enoufh to support our iterstructure without migrants. Watch the pakistani msp houmsa yousaf appear soon on the telly now that politicians are afraid of missing the vote. Its a disgrace. The parents that put their weans through that hell to get a better life deserve jail. Not the real asylum seekers mind. Cameron is right about that money he sends to the camps over the siria border for the real asylum seekers.

See me, our house would take migrants for a year or so. I'm not joking here but we cant afford it. we would only take real asylum seekers from the war and not the peple who travel throufgh countries to get a better life. Aye an they can be any colour you like.

I imagine pretty much all of us on this forum are lucky enough to have been born into a situation where war, famine or extreme poverty just haven't been a part of our lives. And that's all it is: the luck of where we happen to have been born. I can't even begin to comprehend a life that involves having to risk your life fleeing your home, with no possessions other than the clothes you wear, and no guarantee of a safe or welcoming home at the end of it. These sorts of decisions just aren't a part of our lives. These people need help, and countries like the UK are in a position to help them. To not help them seems obscene, especially when you consider the ugly levels of wealth that exist among certain sections of our society.

As far as I'm concerned, migrants welcome.

I imagine pretty much all of us on this forum are lucky enough to have been born into a situation where war, famine or extreme poverty just haven't been a part of our lives. And that's all it is: the luck of where we happen to have been born. I can't even begin to comprehend a life that involves having to risk your life fleeing your home, with no possessions other than the clothes you wear, and no guarantee of a safe or welcoming home at the end of it.

As far as I'm concerned, migrants welcome.

Migrants or refugees? 

Possibly confused terminology there

Most of the Scottish gene pool can spell gene. Did you go to Spessle Rangers Skool?

Thats right offensive. I used to live here years ago when we moved from the west coast. Never had so much shlte from perth before. Glad its no like this in real life. Seems yous would rather be swarming with migrants than us. FFS.

Migrants or refugees? 

Possibly confused terminology there

hmm, I get the point, but migrants often come from pretty awful places too. Many want a better life for their families. Most are prepared to work hard for it too. The media like to sift out the scrounges and sensationalise them as the norm.

Perhaps we should look at the media's migrant and refugee as opposite ends of a spectrum here.

Edited by montrosesaintee

The poor wee boy washed up is hellish. But the trash that put it on the press are evil. Its all to gain sympathy from everyone. I hate the torys but cameron has got it right. Opening up to more immigrants is not the answer. 10 s of millions of people are waiting to make a move and they will come. The war in iraq has little to do with this. Its been going on in the middle east for thousands of years with the muslims fighting each other and the jews. This is just another saga in the mess of that region and we have imported all our problems. Importing more is not going to fix it.

See the SNP, they want immigrants because they need around 4 million fo fuel post independence. We have no economy enoufh to support our iterstructure without migrants. Watch the pakistani msp houmsa yousaf appear soon on the telly now that politicians are afraid of missing the vote. Its a disgrace. The parents that put their weans through that hell to get a better life deserve jail. Not the real asylum seekers mind. Cameron is right about that money he sends to the camps over the siria border for the real asylum seekers.

See me, our house would take migrants for a year or so. I'm not joking here but we cant afford it. we would only take real asylum seekers from the war and not the peple who travel throufgh countries to get a better life. Aye an they can be any colour you like.

Nicola Stugeon writes to David Cameron saying Scotland would accept 10% of a possible 100,000 refugees.

Quite a way short of your 4 million.

To those that think the UK government is not in any way responsible for the refugee crisis I suggest they have a read of this

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/jun/03/us-isis-syria-iraq?CMP=share_btn_fb

blair and now Cameron aided and supported the U.S. throughout.

and why do you all take the bait when an 2nd division team supporter spouts pish? 

Edited by dunblanemike