Migrants

TedSimon

Here we go again, somebody makes wild statements as facts and when asked to back them up they immediately resort to ignoring the requests and accuse anybody who questions them of not being able to debate with those that do not agree with their views.

Sound familiar?

Sounds awfully like the originator of this thread.

If I remember rightly, the posh phrase for it is psychological projection, a defence mechanism whereby you project your own disgusting prejudices and behaviour onto your victims or opponents. So you get fascists calling other people racists and bigots, and labelling as insulting anyone who queries their belief that billions of people they've never met are barely human.

The everyday phrase for it is Sevco scum.

These desperate attempts to provoke a reaction are laughable, a few on here treat it like their own wee over 50's club where anyone new or who differs from themselves is preyed upon.

Have read this thread and find the bulk of your utterings reprehensible. You may well hold some form of grudge against races that are of different faith and colour to you and whilst you have a democratic right to express such views sadly in the world of Assad those of a different sect to his have found that their attempts to protest and seek change meet with a response of torture barrel bombs and chlorine attacks. We are part of the world order that collectively failed to stop such atrocities but the very least we should do is assist those who are in  desperate need. I for one would be rather proud if Perth made an offer to assist and welcome migrant families escaping persecution and atrocities. As for you I've read your views and you should be ashamed of yourself - but at least you're free to express them.

Have read this thread and find the bulk of your utterings reprehensible. You may well hold some form of grudge against races that are of different faith and colour to you and whilst you have a democratic right to express such views sadly in the world of Assad those of a different sect to his have found that their attempts to protest and seek change meet with a response of torture barrel bombs and chlorine attacks. We are part of the world order that collectively failed to stop such atrocities but the very least we should do is assist those who are in  desperate need. I for one would be rather proud if Perth made an offer to assist and welcome migrant families escaping persecution and atrocities. As for you I've read your views and you should be ashamed of yourself - but at least you're free to express them.

I should be ashamed of myself for what? Having a different opinion?

Do I want extremist muslims in Perth, no way not at all. Am I embarrassed to say this, no way.

I should be ashamed of myself for what? Having a different opinion?

Do I want extremist muslims in Perth, no way not at all. Am I embarrassed to say this, no way.

As I said you are at least free to express your views in this country - and on this site. Interesting that you narrow down the sweeping views in previous post that make you appear extremist, bigoted and uncaring. No doubt there are Muslims , Indians, Pakistanis and other nationalities that portray white British people in a similar manner that you portray Muslims but save for individuals who express views such as yours most would know that that would be a heavily distorted view. 

As I said you are at least free to express your views in this country - and on this site. Interesting that you narrow down the sweeping views in previous post that make you appear extremist, bigoted and uncaring. No doubt there are Muslims , Indians, Pakistanis and other nationalities that portray white British people in a similar manner that you portray Muslims but save for individuals who express views such as yours most would know that that would be a heavily distorted view. 

At no point have i said all muslims but clearly stated extremists.

I have been all over the middle and also pakistan and have met some very nice people who are muslims but have also met some who are completely brainwashed.

You get good and bad in any race/religion but nobody can deny that the rise in muslim hate/terror crimes again the west is worrying, add to that the archaic way of life that includes such punishments as stoning etc.

Although I don't agree with all that Tricky78 is saying a lot of his posts are based on truth........ that is to say a helluva lot of what he is saying about foreigners and migrants is what is happening. 

At the end of the day we are a white Christian heterosexual country, where ALL are welcome whatever their colour ,religion or sexual preference, but anyone coming in should not try to change that.

wot? 

A white christian heterosexual country? Oh my.

At no point have i said all muslims but clearly stated extremists.

I have been all over the middle and also pakistan and have met some very nice people who are muslims but have also met some who are completely brainwashed.

You get good and bad in any race/religion but nobody can deny that the rise in muslim hate/terror crimes again the west is worrying, add to that the archaic way of life that includes such punishments as stoning etc.

you should go back and read your previous posts. Bradford , Luton remarks? Your second paragraph could just as easily describe a cross section of British, Protestant/ catholic society. I would not disagree that there is rise in terror crimes aimed at the west but this cannot be disassociated from Western interference in the Middle East including support of Israeli activity (land grab/massacre) against Palestinians. none of this should mask the fact that there are massive numbers of human beings who just happen to be Muslims who are in desperate need of help. Any decent human society being should recognise that and be willing to help them.

Right so I know this topic is mainly about the Middle East migrants but there are also people entering the country from all other regions of the world. This past week 6 children form Thailand, 3 children from Bulgaria and 1 child from Poland have joined my school and have NO English. Out of these 10 children, 6 are supposed to be studying Scottish Highers this year and have joined the courses half way through the year si there is no way they will sit the final exam in May. There are no translators in the school other than Google which is putting further strain on the teachers which I can only imagine will get worse when all the migrants arrive from the Middle East. Why are these children not given an English test before they are allowed to enter the country because at the moment they are getting more attention from the teachers which means less teaching time for the Scottish pupils who have been working on the courses since June and who will be sitting the final exams in May.

The problem with the immigration debate is that there are so many people like Tricky spewing their simplistic Sevco/Britain First  nonsense that the discussion quickly gets sucked into one about race and race only. There are many practical issues around immigration, for example numbers admitted, housing, education, health provision, language skills etc etc that have nothing to do with skin colour, like the one raised by Saintee 14, above, which must be hell for teachers and difficult for the other pupils/parents. There is a tendency to ignore these issues, and just lump those raising them into the racist camp where most won't belong. Until we can separate the two sets of issues, and have intelligent discussions on resolving the practicalities, I don't think this country will ever make much progress in this area, sadly. 

The other great difficulty is a ruling political party with a right wing infested with Little Englander types who have to be fed the odd bit of Sevco speak to keep the small majority in place. Hence speeches about "hoards" and immigration targets etc.

I don't have the answers. However, I do know that morons who talk like Nazis need to be confronted and exposed, regardless of the other issues.

Right so I know this topic is mainly about the Middle East migrants but there are also people entering the country from all other regions of the world. This past week 6 children form Thailand, 3 children from Bulgaria and 1 child from Poland have joined my school and have NO English. Out of these 10 children, 6 are supposed to be studying Scottish Highers this year and have joined the courses half way through the year si there is no way they will sit the final exam in May. There are no translators in the school other than Google which is putting further strain on the teachers which I can only imagine will get worse when all the migrants arrive from the Middle East. Why are these children not given an English test before they are allowed to enter the country because at the moment they are getting more attention from the teachers which means less teaching time for the Scottish pupils who have been working on the courses since June and who will be sitting the final exams in May.

Could your school be linking more closely with ESOL?

...I would not disagree that there is rise in terror crimes aimed at the west but this cannot be disassociated from Western interference in the Middle East including support of Israeli activity (land grab/massacre) against Palestinians...

I think there's less Western support for Israeli activity than you think. Its illegal occupation of the West Bank and other non-Israeli territories have given the Palestinians a just cause for grievance. When they fire their rockets at Israel (and we are talking pretty shitty stuff that Astra Fireworks would be embarrassed to sell) Israel loses itself a lot of support by sending in tanks and professional infantry backed up by their air force's high tech weaponry to indiscriminately kill civilians and children by hitting schools and the like. Additionally, it has become clear that Israel is systematically abusing the human rights of the Palestinians and other local minorities. Most Western governments, with perhaps the exception of the US, have at some stage publicly and (I imagine) privately criticized Israel's actions. My opinion - much of the terrorism shite we see in the world today was caused by Israeli aggression. They really are despicable c'unts.

Bulgarian and Polish people have freedom of movement across the EU so they should absolutely not be tested on their language skills to get into this country. In fact no one should be tested on their English language skills before they come into Britain. That one pupil might be a future doctor, scientist, nurse etc. In Scotland we have a population that is living longer but it is not increasing. We need as many people as possible and they should have the opportunity to learn in our schools.

Should I not be allowed to move to Spain/France/Sweden because I cannot speak their language? If I can find gainful employment and contribute to society I should be welcomed anywhere in the EU, just like most of these migrants do in the UK.

The Highland region is to take in approx. 80 Syrian refugees over a 5 year period! Clearly not enough. Barely noticeable and many will have a grasp of English as most refugees are educated and only coming here because they are fleeing a war created by this country and others!

i have no problem with  anyone coming to our country in fact we all live on earth just because we were born somewhere does not mean we own it. but when these kids come to school (and they have every right to be taught) it should not be to the detriment of other kids who could also be future doctors an nurses but because they are getting less attention means they might miss out 

I think there's less Western support for Israeli activity than you think. Its illegal occupation of the West Bank and other non-Israeli territories have given the Palestinians a just cause for grievance. When they fire their rockets at Israel (and we are talking pretty shitty stuff that Astra Fireworks would be embarrassed to sell) Israel loses itself a lot of support by sending in tanks and professional infantry backed up by their air force's high tech weaponry to indiscriminately kill civilians and children by hitting schools and the like. Additionally, it has become clear that Israel is systematically abusing the human rights of the Palestinians and other local minorities. Most Western governments, with perhaps the exception of the US, have at some stage publicly and (I imagine) privately criticized Israel's actions. My opinion - much of the terrorism shite we see in the world today was caused by Israeli aggression. They really are despicable c'unts.

Agree re western support of Israel - this is more specifically USA with its massive financial and military aid but sadly we find the UK generally supporting the US at the UN on matters Israel. the Palestinians (specifically Hamas) have not exactly helped themselves and by their actions often give reason for Israel to lash out disproportionately. 

I wonder how the children of economic migrants from  the UK feel when they attend their new school, in Toronto, New York,Sydney or feel even more strange when they attend their first day at a french or Spanish school and they need extra resource  to help them integrate.    It is time to start putting people before any policical agenda , profit and greed.

I believe that we should offer refuge, a chance of a better life etc to anybody, and make whatever effort possible to support those in need to integrate into our society. Many do and contribute more to that society than many born here

however, I cannot stand when, no doubt a small number, actively undermine our traditions and way of life because it offends them.

i also have no issue with others practicing their own beliefs and traditions as I think that it is their right 

Edited by Edstar101

The biggest myth going. Up there with "ba ba rainbow sheep".

My favourite is "They've banned Christmas trees this year in an unspecified town in the north of England, in case it upsets Muslims." Although I also have a big soft spot for "There are parts of London where only Muslims are allowed!".

If I had a daughter, I'd definitely have locked her up by now.

My favourite is "They've banned Christmas trees this year in an unspecified town in the north of England, in case it upsets Muslims." Although I also have a big soft spot for "There are parts of London where only Muslims are allowed!".

If I had a daughter, I'd definitely have locked her up by now.

BE A WEAR!