Migrants

TedSimon

It does offer ESOL but these pupils have been put in other classes such as Accounting and Economics (basically the ones with space left in them) which are mainly taught verbally, unlike music or Home Economics which is mostly practical. But if you went to a school in say France or Spain you would make an effort to learn the language which these children aren't doing as each day they come into class they still can't understand basic English words that the teacher is using. And anyway English is a worldwide language so chances are that the teachers in the French or Spanish schools will know some English for you to be able to communicate with them.

Could your school be linking more closely with ESOL?

It does offer ESOL but these pupils have been put in other classes such as Accounting and Economics (basically the ones with space left in them) which are mainly taught verbally, unlike music or Home Economics which is mostly practical. But if you went to a school in say France or Spain you would make an effort to learn the language which these children aren't doing as each day they come into class they still can't understand basic English words that the teacher is using. And anyway English is a worldwide language so chances are that the teachers in the French or Spanish schools will know some English for you to be able to communicate with them.

How do you know they are not making the effort? Some find it harder to learn foreign languages than others.

No criticism directed at you but perhaps this could be solved by better all round planning at the school and within your local authority.

Edited by rik2304

Yes really. Are you telling me schools no longer put up trees at their reception? No longer have Christmas plays? Christmas dances? Christmas jumper days?

Those two headmaster pals of yours must be the only two that don't allow it then.

it's more a case of they have received complaints from parents of children at their schools, requesting / demanding that traditionally Christian festivals be discontinued 

One has something like 20+ different nationalities at their school, most of whom do not have English as their first language. Due to reducing budgets, they are struggling to cope with the additional costs that this brings

He / I am not saying they shouldn't be there, just recognising some real and immediate issues

the NHS are experiencing similar cost implications in relation to the requirement to have translators available

So, as per my other posts, I am not against doing all we can to assist migrants etc, but, unlike you, I am able to see that it's not that simple and that everything isn't rosie

it's more a case of they have received complaints from parents of children at their schools, requesting / demanding that traditionally Christian festivals be discontinued 

Surely there's a pretty big difference between receiving complaints about something, and that something not being allowed?

One has something like 20+ different nationalities at their school, most of whom do not have English as their first language. Due to reducing budgets, they are struggling to cope with the additional costs that this brings

He / I am not saying they shouldn't be there, just recognising some real and immediate issues

the NHS are experiencing similar cost implications in relation to the requirement to have translators available

So, as per my other posts, I am not against doing all we can to assist migrants etc, but, unlike you, I am able to see that it's not that simple and that everything isn't rosie

the same NHS that wouldn't exist at the moment if we didn't have mass immigration? 

Don't dare have a different opinion to the over 50's cool kids on here, they will attempt to rubbish your opinion and "like" all their wee fan clubs comments.

Pathetic behaviour.

A school teacher comes on here and makes a statement about their class and it is suggested that they are not telling the truth and that the school isn't trying hard enough.

Step out from your bubble.

As for saying that there aren't no go areas for white people, that's lies. There is an estate in Luton where there are warnings on fences and lamposts warning people that they are entering a sharia area.

But then again I'll be a lair, let's welcome all extremists with open arms.

When I made my post about us being a " white Christian heterosexual " country  I was responding to a postee who I now accept after reading this thread more thoroughly has stepped over the boundary of acceptability, however the point I was trying rather clumsily (I now  accept) trying to make was that people coming to this country may need to change to fit in here, we should not have to change for them to feel comfortable.

There was a  post I saw recently on facebook which said "  in every country where Muslims are in the minority they are obsessed with human rights................in every country where muslims are in the majority there are no human rights.................................... maybe a bit brutal but never the less an element of truth in it. I should add you perhaps should change "Muslim" to "Migrant" for the benefit of this thread (I was just quoting something that a totally unconnected person posted on FB)

I am sorry if my previous posts have caused any offence to anyone. I now accept I probably could have worded my posts more appropriately.

Don't dare have a different opinion to the over 50's cool kids on here, they will attempt to rubbish your opinion and "like" all their wee fan clubs comments.

Pathetic behaviour.

A school teacher comes on here and makes a statement about their class and it is suggested that they are not telling the truth and that the school isn't trying hard enough.

Step out from your bubble.

As for saying that there aren't no go areas for white people, that's lies. There is an estate in Luton where there are warnings on fences and lamposts warning people that they are entering a sharia area.

But then again I'll be a lair, let's welcome all extremists with open arms.

Who has said that the school teacher isn't telling the truth? Please be specific.

In regards to your point about the school "not trying hard enough" I assume that is aimed at me. In my opinion if the school is struggling with something perhaps it needs to adapt. Is that unfair? I work very closely with schools. There is room for manoeuvre.

Well that would be easier if the racist/fascist/liar stopped posting.

so because my views are different from yours it means I should stop posting? Get real, you're coming across really sad and pathetic, just because I've not backed down or apologised for my opinion you're attempting to cyber bully me. Ha, get out from behind your keyboard and get a life. This is not your forum, I don't need to appease you in any way or form, if you can't have a mature conversation them I suggest you stick to word association and what did yoy have for your tea threads as this is more your iq level.

Edited by Tricky78

Because I am in the same classes as them and there is no improvement day in day out. And ok I can appreciate that some find it harder to learn different languages but a few words of English cant be too hard to learn?!

How do you know they are not making the effort? Some find it harder to learn foreign languages than others.

The school I attend is a disaster. We have no Headmaster only 2 out of the 5 Depute Rectors in the school at the moment with the other 3 trying to get new jobs so there is no chance of any planning getting done at the school and as for the local authority, well that's Highland Council who do absolutely nothing and are rubbish at everything they do, so they wont do anything about it in the near future as they are too busy at the moment trying to get landlords and private home owners to provide accommodation for 25-30 Syrian families coming to the Highlands, which they cant seem to provide!?!?

No criticism directed at you but perhaps this could be solved by better all round planning at the school and within your local authority.

so because my views are different from yours it means I should stop posting? Get real, you're coming across really sad and pathetic, just because I've not backed down or apologised for my opinion you're attempting to cyber bully me. Ha, get out from behind your keyboard and get a life. This is not your forum, I don't need to appease you in any way or form, if you can't have a mature conversation them I suggest you stick to word association and what did yoy have for your tea threads as this is more your iq level.

Can I be the first to say bye bye. Again.

If you think I'm going to stop posting because you think that I am offended by your attempted cyber bullying you're very much mistaken.

I look forward to contributing and joining in discussions on here.

Feel free to start contributing then.

Anytime you like.

To those that think the UK government is not in any way responsible for the refugee crisis I suggest they have a read of this

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/jun/03/us-isis-syria-iraq?CMP=share_btn_fb

blair and now Cameron aided and supported the U.S. throughout.

and why do you all take the bait when an 2nd division team supporter spouts pish? 

US Foreign policy been behind every conflict since the 50s, aided and abetted by the usual suspects, and in this case Saudi