Migrants

TedSimon

Two Paris bombers found to be Syrian refugees.

You have to be very naive to think that of these thousands coming into Europe are going to be Doctors & Nurses. There was always going to be IS members infiltrating these thousands & for Germany to initially open their doors & say all welcome was extremely foolish & opened the floodgates.

"I've been called a racist and fascist but that's not me at all, I have no problem with anyone coming to Scotland "

"do i want my neighbourhood full of foreigners or muslims with a mosque at the end of the road. No not at all."

Posts less than half an hour apart......... ! And i am apparently the troll.

It seems Richard Littlejohn has infiltrated WAP

The refugees arnt the terrorists. The refugees are running away from the terrorists. It really, really isn't that difficult to understand.

I think the main problem is that britain firts or whomever has previously made up some quote about isis sending over 10's of thousands of operatives pretending to be refugees, then 'backing' this up with spurious and false memes and videos of alleged anti social behavior perpetrated by said 'refugees'.

For what it's worth, there was a report earlier, I think on sky news, that the two identified 'syrians' have been living in Paris for years.

I have a mosque at the end of the road. It's not and has never been an issue. I previously worked 3 doors up from another mosque in dublin, guess what? In 4 years, not one issue.

Maybe i've just been lucky, and i will be blown up tomorrow,  but i'm pretty sure that if I am, it won't be by a common or garden Muslim.  It will be by a crack pot fundamentalist who has been radicalised by European and American foreign policy of the last 20 years.

"I've been called a racist and fascist but that's not me at all, I have no problem with anyone coming to Scotland "

"do i want my neighbourhood full of foreigners or muslims with a mosque at the end of the road. No not at all."

Posts less than half an hour apart......... ! And i am apparently the troll.

It seems Richard Littlejohn has infiltrated WAP

I don't mind anyone who is a genuine refugee, asylum seeker or simply looking for a new/better life coming to the UK and contributing to society.

What I don't want is people coming to the UK and expecting us/me to change my way of life to suit these people.

In a nuthshell that's what i mean.

You posted that I've "infiltrated" WAP, it does seem that a few on here see it as their little gang and newcomers with different views are not welcome.

I don't mind anyone who is a genuine refugee, asylum seeker or simply looking for a new/better life coming to the UK and contributing to society.

What I don't want is people coming to the UK and expecting us/me to change my way of life to suit these people.

In a nuthshell that's what i mean.

You posted that I've "infiltrated" WAP, it does seem that a few on here see it as their little gang and newcomers with different views are not welcome.

How will you be expected to change your way of life?

This is a viewpoint I hear quite often from people on your side of this argument. One thing I've never understood is where this worry actually comes from. Has anyone ever actually suggested that they want you to change your way of life, and in what way?

Christians have been telling me to change my way of life all of my life. To their way of life, of course. Apparently, because I choose not to, I'm going to suffer excruciating pain for eternity. Nice folk. Doesn't matter a jot to me if Muslims join in - they'll get the same response. To date, none have tried, so on the basis of my personal experience, I'd happily swap all the practising Christians with practising Muslims tomorrow. In my village, that would involve about 15 old ladies and no one else.

If you go on the Britain First/Sevco type sites, there's buckets of entertaining made-up nonsense about pork being banned in schools, bacon about to be made illegal, Muslims getting preferential treatment from the police/broo/courts etc etc. It's relentless, and it works- I've English relatives who believe some of this nonsense. 

Folk who for whatever reasons are at or near the bottom of the pile take comfort in finding reasons why they haven't done better in life. Politicians, particularly those on the right, helped by their colleagues in the media, happily provide the answers. It's THEM, the outsiders, the newcomers, that are taking your jobs/houses/broo money/sisters virginity etc etc etc. So don't go on strike, don't protest, don't vote for radical change. Everything is really actually ok, and the only reason your on your arse is all these immigrants. So we'll stay in power, pretend do something about THEM, in reality do nothing because the only thing keeping the economy/NHS/infrastructure going is buckets of low-wage immigrants, and you'll never actually do anything about the real problem, which is that the country is run by a tiny, rich elite from which you and yours will always be excluded.

Maybe i've just been lucky, and i will be blown up tomorrow,  but i'm pretty sure that if I am, it won't be by a common or garden Muslim.  It will be by a crack pot fundamentalist who has been radicalised by European and American foreign policy of the last 20 years.

So you blame the West's foreign policy for the terror attacks then?

This is a viewpoint I hear quite often from people on your side of this argument. One thing I've never understood is where this worry actually comes from. Has anyone ever actually suggested that they want you to change your way of life, and in what way?

I have colleagues who lived in Luton and said it was terrible for them and their children, so much so that they moved home.

The schools were being pressured into dampening down on Christmas celebrations, no go areas for his teenage kids and whole host of other things.

Nobody has directly asked me or suggested that my way of life would be changing but I look at what's happened to my colleague and it sounds terrible.

Christians have been telling me to change my way of life all of my life. To their way of life, of course. Apparently, because I choose not to, I'm going to suffer excruciating pain for eternity. Nice folk. Doesn't matter a jot to me if Muslims join in - they'll get the same response. To date, none have tried, so on the basis of my personal experience, I'd happily swap all the practising Christians with practising Muslims tomorrow. In my village, that would involve about 15 old ladies and no one else.

If you go on the Britain First/Sevco type sites, there's buckets of entertaining made-up nonsense about pork being banned in schools, bacon about to be made illegal, Muslims getting preferential treatment from the police/broo/courts etc etc. It's relentless, and it works- I've English relatives who believe some of this nonsense. 

Folk who for whatever reasons are at or near the bottom of the pile take comfort in finding reasons why they haven't done better in life. Politicians, particularly those on the right, helped by their colleagues in the media, happily provide the answers. It's THEM, the outsiders, the newcomers, that are taking your jobs/houses/broo money/sisters virginity etc etc etc. So don't go on strike, don't protest, don't vote for radical change. Everything is really actually ok, and the only reason your on your arse is all these immigrants. So we'll stay in power, pretend do something about THEM, in reality do nothing because the only thing keeping the economy/NHS/infrastructure going is buckets of low-wage immigrants, and you'll never actually do anything about the real problem, which is that the country is run by a tiny, rich elite from which you and yours will always be excluded.

I can assure you that I am not "near the bottom of the pile" as you put it.

I see your point about Christians telling you to change your way of life, I've had these types at my door several times attempting to voice their views and never had a muslim or any other religion do so. That said, I would treat them all the same, tell them i'm not interested as I'm happy with my life and wish them a good day.

Some of the stories on these Britain first are cringeworthy but there is an element of truth in some of them that I see people sharing on facebook etc.

I have colleagues who lived in Luton and said it was terrible for them and their children, so much so that they moved home.

The schools were being pressured into dampening down on Christmas celebrations, no go areas for his teenage kids and whole host of other things.

Nobody has directly asked me or suggested that my way of life would be changing but I look at what's happened to my colleague and it sounds terrible.

What was terrible about it?

Which parts of Luton are no go areas?

Are you saying that there are pressure groups being established that are trying to get schools to water down Christmas specifically?

What was terrible about it?

Which parts of Luton are no go areas?

Are you saying that there are pressure groups being established that are trying to get schools to water down Christmas specifically?

I'm not sure if it's pressure groups but he said that there were parents asking for muslim holidays off school rather than the christmas holiday and that they were meaking life very difficult in schools.

I couldn't tell you what parts of luton are no go areas in Luton, i'm just going by what a colleague told me and I have no reason to think he is lying.

Just a quick google and I found this, very compelling.

Note this is not a racist site....

Gatestone Institute, a non-partisan, not-for-profit international policy council and think tank is dedicated to educating the public about what the mainstream media fails to report in promoting:

• Institutions of Democracy and the Rule of Law;
  • Human Rights
  • A free and strong economy
  • A military capable of ensuring peace at home and in the free world
  • Energy independence
  • Ensuring the public stay informed of threats to our individual liberty, sovereignty and free speech.

http://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/5177/no-go-zones-britain

Luton

Luton, where one quarter of the residents are Muslim, is situated 30 miles (50 km) north of London. Luton has a total population of 200,000, including some 50,000 Muslims. Most are Pakistanis (30,000) or Bangladeshis (13,000), according to recent census data.

Many of the Muslims in Luton have settled in Bury Park, a well-known Muslim enclave where the native British population has all but disappeared. Muslims in Bury Park have been accused of "ethnic cleansing" for harassing elderly non-Muslims to the point that many have been forced to move away. BBC reports on "white flight" in Luton can be viewed here and here (links to original videos here and here).

Bury Park, a "town within a town" that abuts the Luton town center, is known for high unemployment, drug trafficking and domestic violence. Bury Park is also known for its nearly two dozen mosques and madrassas that cater to at least ten different Muslim groups or sects, including: Hizb ut-Tahrir, Salafism, Sufism, Deobandism and Barelvism. The largest mosque in Bury Park is the Luton Central Mosque, where loudspeakers attached to a minaret call Muslims to prayer.

Bury Park is home to at least two dozen of the more than 600 British jihadists who are fighting in Syria and Iraq. A BBC report on Muslim women from Luton who want to join the conflict in Syria can be found here.

e.

Edited by Tricky78

"

it does seem that a few on here see it as their little gang and newcomers with different views are not welcome."

I really wish you'd check previous posts before you start trolling. It wasnt too long ago that the non DailyWail members on here got shouted down, abused and physically threatened every time they didnt toe the red top line.As far as i can see a balanced well though out argument is always welcome. I like foreigners but i dont want them down my street, is something you wouldnt even hear in a playground these days

[Edit] Just spotted riks post.... Gatestone..."Not a racist site"...Lo l.... actually a well known racist site, unless of course youre one of those people who love foreigners but just doesnt want them down the street.

Edited by canuck_saint
autocorrect p1sh

Last year, in the middle of summer, I went for a Ruby with my missus in Brick Lane. Its good there, loads of restaurants to choose from, and some really good Bangladeshi food that's something different. Anyways we had to go and catch the last train so squared the bill and headed off with a bottle of beer in my hand still to drink. These two guys with beards and long robes come up to me in the street and say "this is a Muslim area you shouldn't be drinking alcohol here". Now I'm a very big lad, I'm half-pissed and I have a pint bottle in my hand. I'll leave the rest to your imagination. Two other female friends reported harassment from similarly-dressed types in this area last year too. Haven't heard anything recent like, but we don't go there any more. If the restaurants want our custom they need to sort this crap out among themselves.

Last year, in the middle of summer, I went into Tesco's in Perth early to do my shopping. I couldn't even BUY a bottle of beer because this is supposedly a Christian area.

Your harassment was by two out of order randoms. The harassment of me was by the state, acting on behalf of a religious movement hardly anyone has anything to do with. This country is already in the grip of religious intolerance, carried out by white Christians. It's baffling to me that that is met with indifference, yet when a minority of brown Muslims try the same nonsense, folk get their knickers in a twist.

Edited by Abernethy Saint

Which church? You imply there is only one. There are dozens.

Did I imagine all the Christians that have repeatedly and successfully lobbied against full relaxation of Sunday drinking laws in Scotland? Why is it only on Sunday we can't buy booze when we like - was that just a coincidence?

There is no established state church in Scotland simply because, sadly, Scotland isn't a state. The state we remain a part of, the U.K., has an established state church, the Church of England. The Head of that State is also the head of that church (have a look at the words on the coins in your pocket) and that church, utterly bizarrely, has BY RIGHT a dozen or so unelected members of Parliament, in the House of Lords. That church also enjoys outrageous tax privileges, despite being fantastically wealthy, and routinely is consulted on and enjoys influence over many important UK policy issues. And, of course, the Church of England draws its senior management almost exclusively from the same tiny, rich elite that the UK state does. In the state of which we remain, for now, a part, church and state could not conceivably be more connected without us being a full-blown theocracy.

has BY RIGHT a dozen or so unelected members of Parliament, in the House of Lords.

Sorry Abernethy,but its even worse than you think.....

Our "secular" state has at least double that number of CoE members in the Lords - think it might be 26, its some random number defined 200 odd years ago. Unelected and certainly unrepresentative of those of us who live outwith England

• 1 month later...

In my view, mass immigration combined with multiculturalism doesn't work. Look at what's happening in the ghetto suburbs of Brussels and Paris. Munich and the other big cities who are "beneficiaries" of the open borders policy in Europe will be next. Scandinavia, whose generosity and hospitality has been abused for a few years now, is shutting its borders because they don't want any of the social problems now being seen in mainland Europe. By all means let's take our share of the genuine refugees in - but the Germans have got it all wrong and are starting to find that out now. Europe can't absorb all these economic refugees and illegal immigrants.

I'll give it 5 mins before someone pops up accusing me of being sexist / racist / homophobic, it's what happens when you dare to voice an opinion that isn't politically correct.