Michael O'Halloran

PauloPerth

See Some sensible replies - We got £800,000 initially for May, So throwing about Shifti at 1.5, Spittal at 3 million and Armstrong at 1.25 figures are mad.

We wont get anywhere near the money we did for May (which I think we should have got more)

Saints are now and always will be a selling club

Every club in Scotlands a selling club, so that statements utterly pointless. Theres no reason we'd ever accept £200k in this situation, United got more than that for GMS who'd already agreed a deal to join Celtic for nothing.

GMS Who was already a Scotland international at that point

He played six minutes about four years ago.

He was injured, was virtually the same age as MOH and had already agreed a PCA to join them for nothing. You think that makes him more valuable than an inform winger whos got 18 months on his contract and is likely to be capped in two months?

He played six minutes about four years ago.

He was injured, was virtually the same age as MOH and had already agreed a PCA to join them for nothing. You think that makes him more valuable than an inform winger whos got 18 months on his contract and is likely to be capped in two months?

it was 12 months before his move - and is he going to be capped while as saints?

it was 12 months before his move - and is he going to be capped while as saints?

I can't understand your logic; you seem to be making a case for letting him go for peanuts.

Here is my stance; I would rather we kept hold of MOH until next year and enjoyed some good times and let him go for nothing next summer rather than let him go to a club I despise for a box of Digestive biscuits - a team that will directly effect our chance of being a top six team next year.

Yeah. Thats why Strachans been watching him and commenting on him while hes with us. 

Still doesnt change the fact you think an out of contract GMS is worth more than a MOH with 18 months on his contract. Absolutely baffling.

I can't understand your logic; you seem to be making a case for letting him go for peanuts.

Here is my stance; I would rather we kept hold of MOH until next year and enjoyed some good times and let him go for nothing next summer rather than let him go to a club I despise for a box of Digestive biscuits - a team that will directly effect our chance of being a top six team next year.

I'm not saying let him go for peanuts - what I am saying is thinking we are getting £800,000 or more for him is never going to happen

Yeah. Thats why Strachans been watching him and commenting on him while hes with us. 

Still doesnt change the fact you think an out of contract GMS is worth more than a MOH with 18 months on his contract. Absolutely baffling.

He wasn't out of contract he had 6 months left - by that logic MOH only has 12 months left ;-)

See Some sensible replies - We got £800,000 initially for May, So throwing about Shifti at 1.5, Spittal at 3 million and Armstrong at 1.25 figures are mad.

why is it mad?  They are all players who play in the same league as O'Halloran so it's as good a reference point as any.  McKay Stevens was in the last 6months of his contract, had already signed a pre-contract with Celtic and they still paid £250k for him... I'd have MOH over GMS in my team every day of the week.  He's also got 18 months left on his contract, which makes a big difference.

At the time I thought we should have got far more for May, but being in the last year of his contract was the main reason we settled for what we did.  So far it's looked like a great bit of business for Saints.

To say accepting £200,000 for O'Halloran is a good piece of business for us is nonsense.

Sure, he's been off form lately; but for the first 3-4 months of this season he was one of the most entertaining players to watch we've had at McDiarmid in the past few years.

I'd agree that he'll be here come the summer. I think there's a decent replacement waiting in Craig Thompson, not the same standard, but potentially could be a very good player. So I think his lose will be mitigated in the summer somewhat. He's been mince for the past month, but is still occupying 2/3 players at a time, hopefully with Cummins back we actually exploit the massive gaps it leaves. 

Or your millionaire Gers friends MS, Spoke with one of my clients today about business matters but it came up in conversation absolutely embarrassed was the Man. 

Yeah, i really hope they do punt their money into the club. couldn't happen to nicer people.  One of them was joining in the Mikey is a catholic and couldn't go to Rangers crap today.