Michael O'Halloran

PauloPerth

If Tommy / Steve have any sense any contact from the the should be met with the we are concentrating on the 30 Th contact us after that.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^This 100%.

If he goes he goes. Footballers, good and bad, come and go. I would rather he went to a non Scottish based club, but the facts are simple, St.Johnstone as a club cannot survive , let alone flourish, if we do not move assets on for decent sums of money. If he goes to Sevco then so be it. As long as we get  what our chairman  thinks is good value AND the payment terms are solid ( COD if it's Sevco) then we should accept it. With a core support like we have, balancing the books and having a full time team for the foreseeable future can only be secured by selling players. The Broons have served us well and are hardly idiots when it comes to business. We have a well run financial stable club, we now have a Scottish Cup in our honour list, we have made Europe 4 seasons in a row , we have beaten some very decent European opposition and we are about to play yet ANOTHER cup semi.  FFS guys  get yer heads oot of yer arses.

JHQ

My answer to you seems to have disappeared ? then a weird post from a moderator fellow about a threating posts? , so I do not know if I have overstepped the mark but I do apologise if I have upset you or any other one on here? must be the modern world !     

If being asked to calm down is seen as a post about threatening behaviour then I think you do need to really calm down. Telling somebody to eff off is not acceptable behaviour and against Forum rules hence the post.

If, as seems likely, Moh's days at McDiarmid are numbered then I would hope that sensible negotiations with any club other than Sevco are proceeding quietly in the background.

Should a satisfactory deal be agreed, one which will likely to have been conducted in a sensible manner without the daily grandiose statements by a discredited and clearly Sevco orientated Scottish media, then it should then be announced following the game v Hibs.

The way that any perceived interest in a player by that club immediately leads to all sorts of underhand tactics, time and time again, beggars belief.

If MOH goes, which is seeming likely, then I hope it's soon.

Unlike some who want to keep him till after the Hibs game on the 30th, which is understandable .... It therefore only gives St. Johnstone a couple of days to find a decent repacement for the rest of the season.  It would make more sense to me to try and get someone sooner rather than panick buying at the 12th hour.

I personally think St. Johnstone will triumph over Hibs without MOH in the team, so if its going to get done ... get it done quickly.

For the new'ish contributors to this site, and any interested Saints negotiators currently involved in the MOH transfer saga. (although I'm sure you are already aware of the financial trials and tribulations of the Govan club).

With a warning - this guy tells it how it is:

https://johnjamessite.wordpress.com/2016/01/23/transfer-activity/

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^This 100%.

If he goes he goes. Footballers, good and bad, come and go. I would rather he went to a non Scottish based club, but the facts are simple, St.Johnstone as a club cannot survive , let alone flourish, if we do not move assets on for decent sums of money. If he goes to Sevco then so be it. As long as we get  what our chairman  thinks is good value AND the payment terms are solid ( COD if it's Sevco) then we should accept it. With a core support like we have, balancing the books and having a full time team for the foreseeable future can only be secured by selling players. The Broons have served us well and are hardly idiots when it comes to business. We have a well run financial stable club, we now have a Scottish Cup in our honour list, we have made Europe 4 seasons in a row , we have beaten some very decent European opposition and we are about to play yet ANOTHER cup semi.  FFS guys  get yer heads oot of yer arses.

One week wont make any difference, the build up to the Semi starts now and a bigger cut if we get to the final, Concentration should be on that not selling a player and the the distrupting it, get your head out your arse

One week wont make any difference, the build up to the Semi starts now and a bigger cut if we get to the final, Concentration should be on that not selling a player and the the distrupting it, get your head out your arse

You have soooooooooo taken what I said  as if I was speaking to you mate, when in fact, before I started, I said I agreed with your post 100%  That's why there are wee arrow things pointing upwards to you post which i quoted. This is why I love WAP...:laugh:

You have soooooooooo taken what I said  as if I was speaking to you mate, when in fact, before I started, I said I agreed with your post 100%  That's why there are wee arrow things pointing upwards to you post which i quoted. This is why I love WAP...:laugh:

Teach me to read things Properly Ghostie  :oops:

I truly hope that if/when he goes it isn't to TFOD, I feel & this is a personal view, the money we would receive would be tainted. I don't know if this view is shared by all Saints fans but I would feel we as a club had sold out! 

I know £500000 is a lot of money to a club like ours but we would manage.

I always feel proud to be a Saints fan because I think as a club we have integrity, something fairly unique in this game, it would be a shame to lose it so cheaply....

I truly hope that if/when he goes it isn't to TFOD, I feel & this is a personal view, the money we would receive would be tainted. I don't know if this view is shared by all Saints fans but I would feel we as a club had sold out! 

I know £500000 is a lot of money to a club like ours but we would manage.

I always feel proud to be a Saints fan because I think as a club we have integrity, something fairly unique in this game, it would be a shame to lose it so cheaply....

In an ideal world Steve Brown will tell Sevco to gtf and that MOH is not for sale in this transfer window. MOH then goes on to play the remainder of this season as he started it and puts himself in the shop window and attracts an offer in the summer from a decent club (one with money that isn't from a monopoly box). 

Edited by saintscotty

Ghost, I like your posts and in the norm they are fairly cerebral. Everyone is getting exasperated by this fu@@ing nonsense.

I'm with you on Broon, but the timing and the way the club are carrying on just now is driving us up the wall. Here's my message - Tell sevco to fu@@ off. MOH and his agent aren't happy - tough.

What everyone on this board have failed to recognize is that next weeks game is a "game changer" for St.Johnstone. We are in the middle of a pretty serious slump- no wins since 5th December. The fixtures and postponements have conspired against us, whilst we are playing our cup tie next week there is a full league card and we are playing catch up. Can you imagine the negativity around the club if we lose next week? If we win this semi final it keeps everyone hungry at least until April. Lose and we better buckle up for a nervous few months. Lets keep MOH.

If MOH goes, which is seeming likely, then I hope it's soon.

Unlike some who want to keep him till after the Hibs game on the 30th, which is understandable .... It therefore only gives St. Johnstone a couple of days to find a decent repacement for the rest of the season.  It would make more sense to me to try and get someone sooner rather than panick buying at the 12th hour.

I personally think St. Johnstone will triumph over Hibs without MOH in the team, so if its going to get done ... get it done quickly.

Sell him to Celtic for £500k and use £150k on Waghorn. MOH wouldn't get in Celtic starting 11, so unlikely to come back to haunt us.

Waghorn totally untested at a higher level, but would make a decent squad player in a Liam Caddis kind of way and could come in and do a job when needed. Agree?

Sell him to Celtic for £500k and use £150k on Waghorn. MOH wouldn't get in Celtic starting 11, so unlikely to come back to haunt us.

Waghorn totally untested at a higher level, but would make a decent squad player in a Liam Caddis kind of way and could come in and do a job when needed. Agree?

No he's shite unless we were playing part timers every week.

Yeah ok then, just forget the fact the he's played over 100 games for Leicester ... oh, and his Premiership debut for Sunderland just happened to be against Man Utd. Also capped at U-19 and U-21 level for England.
But, yeah untested.

Nugget.

Edited by Saint Scott

Yeah ok then, just forget the fact the he's played over 100 games for Leicester ... oh, and his Premiership debut for Sunderland just happened to be against Man Utd. Also capped at U-19 and U-21 level for England.
But, yeah untested.

Nugget.

seem to know an awful lot about him for a saints fan?

By your logic, Lynch must be world class as he played for Man U in the Champions league then? Mind him do you?

Plenty of players who played in the premiership who were shocking.

seem to know an awful lot about him for a saints fan?

By your logic, Lynch must be world class as he played for Man U in the Champions league then? Mind him do you?

Plenty of players who played in the premiership who were shocking.

To be fair, there is a thing called Google that is quite handy for bringing up stats to help disprove unsubstantiated rubbish, I also knew Waghorn had played at a higher level. Most FM fans would. 

In fact, he's spent his career at a higher level, in and around PL and Championship clubs and was very highly rated as a kid.

To be fair, there is a thing called Google that is quite handy for bringing up stats to help disprove unsubstantiated rubbish, I also knew Waghorn had played at a higher level. Most FM fans would. 

In fact, he's spent his career at a higher level, in and around PL and Championship clubs and was very highly rated as a kid.

I was just about to post this .... although Wiki, not Google is where I got the stats from.
I went there as I knew he had played at a higher level before, and just wanted to prove my theory. He just fell out of favour at Wigan, the reason Rangers got him as cheap as the did.  He wont be there long, I predict he'll be gone within 18 months back down south, for a 7 figure sum (assuming Rangers are in the Prem by then)

True, but Google would tell you that he only ever played 6 games in the premiership and has spent most of his career in the championship scoring 30 goals in 200 appearances, so he's just not that good then?

So you reckon saints should be going in for him then? Waghorn plus £500k for MOH?

Edited by TheYellowBox

I was just about to post this .... although Wiki, not Google is where I got the stats from.I went there as I knew he had played at a higher level before, and just wanted to prove my theory. He just fell out of favour at Wigan, the reason Rangers got him as cheap as the did.  He wont be there long, I predict he'll be gone within 18 months back down south, for a 7 figure sum (assuming Rangers are in the Prem by then)

"Rangers?" Do you mean Berwick Rangers, or the club you let die some years ago?