Michael O'Halloran

PauloPerth

Away and boil yer heeds.

He is our best player by a country mile and we sold him cheap. His head might not have been in it the past few weeks but it soon would have been once the window shut and Tommy and the squad got him back on track.

Terrible decision to sell him for anything less than £500000 hard cash. 25 years old with a long time left on his contract, playing for a team with cash in the bank.

Look what happened to Dundee United along the road when they sold their best players year after year and don't replace them properly...

Sutton for May

Swanson for O'Halloran..... Do me a favour!!!

Sutton was a replacement for May?

Terrible timing, got 10 hours to think about replacement player. I assume nobody from development teams ready to step up as he has been coasting for weeks and not being dropped. 

Ryan Christie on loan???

Do you think that Saints don't have plans in place?? Do you not think the manager has pinpointed targets??  Great bit of business. £500k for a player we got for nothing and who apart from a month blew hot and cold ( more cold than hot) Who he signs for  matters not one **** as long as we get the  money. As for anyone asking " do we really need this money"  of course we do. If we want to continue to be competitive in the top league we need more funds than we generate through our shitty crowds Well done Saints, Thanks MOH and  goodbye. I won't wish you well,  because now you are not one of us, I could not give a monkeys how your career  goes.

Do you think that Saints don't have plans in place?? Do you not think the manager has pinpointed targets??  Great bit of business. £500k for a player we got for nothing and who apart from a month blew hot and cold ( more cold than hot) Who he signs for  matters not one **** as long as we get the  money. As for anyone asking " do we really need this money"  of course we do. If we want to continue to be competitive in the top league we need more funds than we generate through our shitty crowds Well done Saints, Thanks MOH and  goodbye. I won't wish you well,  because now you are not one of us, I could not give a monkeys how your career  goes.

Do we really need this money at this moment in time.!? I thought the books were pretty good at the moment.! More "Infrastructure" money required pronto maybe.!

Do we really need this money at this moment in time.!? I thought the books were pretty good at the moment.! More "Infrastructure" money required pronto maybe.!

Even if Steve Brown signed over Michaels fee to Tommy, what can you honestly do with £250000 cash that would improve our team and or replace Michaels pace, guile and match winning abilities?

Thats a massive EVEN by the way because Tommy will be lucky to be given Michaels freed up wages to use on a new player, hence why Brad, Caddis and O'Halloran have gone.

Edited by R.B.B:- Adz

We always need money. I dunno if you have noticed but  we have shite crowds which do not  cover our  yearly costs. We need  cup runs, extra TV cash  and player/manager sales. If you look back there have been  plenty of times when the books were "good" and then suddenly we were losing money  3 or 4 seasons on the bounce. St.Johnstone cannot turn down money like this especially for a player we got for nothing. It may not please you but it's the stark reality of being a diddy club in the big league.

Oh right, and our shitty crowds are going to be improving because we keep selling our top players are they? I know this is emotion speaking and I know all about strong fiscal strategies but for the first time in a lot of years we had a team who looked like we could genuinely push the top teams in the league; I work with colleagues who are Terrors- tell them about having a great bank balance.  I just don't see the logic in selling MOH to the cheats when they will directly effect our chance of being in the top six next year. 

on that note - does anybody know whats happened to all the transfer money Utd have taken last 5 years???? must add up to well over 10million

Yeah selling your best players on the cheap really equates to success, the Arabs are clear testiment to that.

Every so often you will be given an offer that you can't refuse, one where the cash in the bank, outweighs the other factors... Selling Michael O'Halloran to Rangers half way through a season is not one of those situations.

Oh right, and our shitty crowds are going to be improving because we keep selling our top players are they? I know this is emotion speaking and I know all about strong fiscal strategies but for the first time in a lot of years we had a team who looked like we could genuinely push the top teams in the league; I work with colleagues who are Terrors- tell them about having a great bank balance.  I just don't see the logic in selling MOH to the cheats when they will directly effect our chance of being in the top six next year. 

They don't have a great bank balance and they HAD to sell ALL their good players to clear SOME of the debt they  accumulated by chasing glory which they never achieved. They won one cup recently, so did we. Difference is that we won it  without being  six ****ing million quid in debt. get ****ing real. As for who we sell him to??  WTF does it matter. He's gone it matters not as long as we bank the cash ( which we will)  Our crowd will NEVER improve enough to  cover the costs of running a competitive team in the top league. We will ALWAYS have to sell players. We always have.  I appreciate you are emotional but players come and go. St.Johnstone remain forever  and by  doing this sort of business we can guarantee that.

A matter of Opinion eh.!? If he was going anywhere but the the/sevo/cheats/ which are some of the nicer names for them.! I would wish him all the best.! A "Family Club" like St Johnstone should never have any financial dealings with them. Everything they do is tainted.!

not opinions. its a fact that moh is our most sellable asset

Do you think that Saints don't have plans in place?? Do you not think the manager has pinpointed targets??  Great bit of business. £500k for a player we got for nothing

Ghostie you don't believe it's £500 000 seriously do you?? Come on!!

They simply don't have that cash to hand, and wouldn't pay it anyway!

I wait with bated breathe to see who replaces MOH and we will discuss this at the end of the season where we can pour over statistics from our form in 2015/16 season with MOH in the team, and then without. I'm no mystic meg but I've got a pretty good idea of how they will red.

We always need money. I dunno if you have noticed but  we have shite crowds which do not  cover our  yearly costs. We need  cup runs, extra TV cash  and player/manager sales. If you look back there have been  plenty of times when the books were "good" and then suddenly we were losing money  3 or 4 seasons on the bounce. St.Johnstone cannot turn down money like this especially for a player we got for nothing. It may not please you but it's the stark reality of being a diddy club in the big league.

Surely if there was ever a time that we could hold onto an entertaining player this was the time.!" Financially Speaking".!  Maybe take the chance that we would get better money down the road a bit.! ? It is undoubtedly made much worse by selling him to the most dubious club anywhere IMO.! 

To be fair to Ghostie,if beating Rosenborg, Luzerne and winning the Scottish cup can't get bums on seats, then keeping a player like Mikey who has been frankly crap for the last 5 weeks isn't going to magically increase our support.

Nothing will change the fact that we get about 3,000 regular punters, unless we get relegated, then it will fall.

Ghostie you don't believe it's £500 000 seriously do you?? Come on!!

They simply don't have that cash to hand, and wouldn't pay it anyway!

I wait with bated breathe to see who replaces MOH and we will discuss this at the end of the season where we can pour over statistics from our form in 2015/16 season with MOH in the team, and then without. I'm no mystic meg but I've got a pretty good idea of how they will red.

We will find out for sure when the next accounts are published but i hope saints come out in the next few days and confirm the price and any add ons..  I have been told £300K  now,  £100K  April, and the balance in the summer. When it comes to money, the Broons are nae mugs. They are hard nosed businessmen.. As for the  lack of funds.... they have a group of people who are happily pumping cash in.