Michael O'Halloran

PauloPerth

Mikey on the bench for Rangers tonight.

I was recently reading an amusing article in which Mark Warburton says that he'd been sending scouts to watch Michael O'Halloran ever since he ripped them apart in the League Cup match. The Rangers supporters on RangersMedia seem to be heaping praise upon their manager for putting so much effort into ensuring that O'Halloran is good enough for their club. If I was one of them, I'd probably be more concerned that my team's manager apparently pays no attention to opposition players until the damage has already been done. It smacks of arrogance and naivety.

I think we are all being a bit too harsh on Mikey, ok so I am hacked off he didn't want to stay at my grand 'wee' club, but the reported £7500 PW would turn many a head! 

I don't believe he wasn't trying I think it was a lot to do with our tactics, against Hearts especially where high balls were being hit up to him & McLean neither of them being the sort to naturally suit headers.

He has probably had an agent in his ear who would be keen to get a slice of transfer cash! Goodness knows what he would be saying.

If folk are honest it's not the fact he left that disappointed us because we always expect any decent player to be poached or flogged to the highest bidder, it was the fact he left for THAT club!!!  A club who have NO integrity, saturated in sectarian bile, arrogance, there are not enough adjectives!!!!!!

COYS⚽️⚽️⚽️

Having watched Mikey's interview with Rangers TV, I'm not going to judge him on that.  Being for Rangers TV the questions were all loaded to be about their club.  The guy thanked Tommy and Saints in the MSM and I for one wish him all the best - he will always be one of our Scottish Cup heros.

The thing I would say is that the Rangers TV interview it seemed very Ranger focused or edited as you'd expect, the sun interview was much more balanced. It did come across in both the Rangers press conference and the Rangers TV interview that he was nervous and a bit shell shocked but my bug bear was the amount of times he mentioned 'big club'. I do think he maybe isn't the brightest guy either. 

Mikey on the bench for Rangers tonight.

I was recently reading an amusing article in which Mark Warburton says that he'd been sending scouts to watch Michael O'Halloran ever since he ripped them apart in the League Cup match. The Rangers supporters on RangersMedia seem to be heaping praise upon their manager for putting so much effort into ensuring that O'Halloran is good enough for their club. If I was one of them, I'd probably be more concerned that my team's manager apparently pays no attention to opposition players until the damage has already been done. It smacks of arrogance and naivety.

I find it funny that we hear sound bites about, wants to play for rangers, quality scouting, not paying over the odds, value for money being lapped up by rangers fans as the words of a wise and great manager and supportive chairman. When it is plain to see those are the words of a manager with a tiny budget. 

no disrespect to the player but as I marquee signing I can't believe the rangers fans are buying into this. 

I can understand the comments about his interview for *** TV as being for the knuckle draggers but will never forgive him for hiding last few weeks whilst wearing a saints jersey, especially his semi final performance. Compare this to Liam's attitude when he was leaving for Hibs!

I  believe his semi final performance was not down to him but TW tactics. Play him through the middle against two big Centre Half's then punt high balls at him. after 10 mins everyone saw it was not working. Others games yes his performance was below par.

I just hope the money is in our bank account, wouldn't be trusting Dave King with such amounts of money.

Totally agree with your post. He didn't want to be here from the start of the specualtion, nothing we could do but take the decent sum of money offered.

Exactly this.  Figure of £500,000 keeps being quoted; how much of that have we actually received?  Absolutely nothing should be left to chance with these utter charlatans, they are not to be trusted. 

For him -financially a good move (as long as his employers pay him on time and don't go into administration)  and he gets shaftd, professionally  the move is debatable, personally he has walked into a shitstorm, just wait until the morons are howling at him in the street, for missing a sitter.   No doubt his upbringing, school attended and religious beliefs if he has any will be brought into question.

Of you go and don't darken our door again.

After seeing the rest of the press seems like Mikey departed with dignity after all. Seems like a nice enough lad, can't blame him for having his head turned by that lot, and good business for us in the end (assuming Steve hasn't been bilked).

After seeing the rest of the press seems like Mikey departed with dignity after all. Seems like a nice enough lad, can't blame him for having his head turned by that lot, and good business for us in the end (assuming Steve hasn't been bilked).