Michael O'Halloran

PauloPerth

Great news, although weird timing! He's been excellent all season, but I actually think his performances over the last month haven't been as good as they were earlier in the season. Check the man of the match awards - I don't think he's had as many nominations recently.

He thoroughly deserves recognition all the same.

Edited by Kyle

Agree Kyle.  I think it's been massively influenced by the recent positive publicity he's been getting and now celtic are interested suddenly he's worth noticing!!  His last two games were probably quieter than most of his previous ones this season, though he still had a positive impact in both.

He deserves it completely, hope he gets even better over the rest of the season, and gets an international squad call up while he's still a Saints player.

So he is most certainly celtic bound in January....... and with that, how much could we expect to get for him?

In all fairness, MO'H and Scott Alan in the same team..... two of the best young players in the country IMO

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 ST JOHNSTONE SHIRTS - SALE  Every order from WAP will get a freebie or two thrown in free...... >>> VIEW ALL AVAILABLE ITEMS <<<<
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So he is most certainly celtic bound in January....... and with that, how much could we expect to get for him?

In all fairness, MO'H and Scott Alan in the same team..... two of the best young players in the country IMO

Is that in a similar way to how Tommy Wright was most certainly going to Dundee United?

ST JOHNSTONE SHIRTS - SALE  Every order from WAP will get a freebie or two thrown in free...... >>> VIEW ALL AVAILABLE ITEMS <<<<

Who says he's certainly Celtic bound?  And Scott Allan has yet to start a game for them incidentally.  

Can't see him joining Celtic when they already have an international player in his position, (who has won more player of the month awards. :wink:)

I hope you are right Hoodlum since Mikey will be a much bigger loss than Stevie.  Celtic are the only Scottish team who could afford him and if they do come calling they should be reminded that they paid £1.5 million for Shifty!  I would be looking for £2 to £2.5 million similar to what they paid for Armstrong.

We should play similar hardball with English interest, he is after all under contract until 2017.  If we scare interest off until the Summer so what?  We are still in both cups and looking at 4th or higher in the league.  Summer offers are likely to be in the same ballpark as any we might reject in January.  The last thing we should do is take any offer and run.

When is the last time a Saints player won this?

http://spfl.co.uk/awards/

October 2013
Premiership Manager of the Month: Tommy Wright (St Johnstone)
Championship Manager of the Month: Grant Murray (Raith Rovers)
League 1 Manager of the Month: Stephen Aitken (Stranraer)
League 2 Manager of the Month: Jim Duffy (Clyde)

SPFL Player of the Month: Stevie May (St Johnstone)
SPFL Young Player of the Month: Blair Spittal (Queen's Park)

well done very honest interview in the courier hopes to win another cup but would like another chance down south lets enjoy the lad playing for us just now and when he does leave all the best to him

Sounds like a lad with ambition. Wonder what ever happened to Fran Sandaza and Rowan Vine?  

Sandaza's gone on to do alright in the end. Vine, not so much. :)

Sandaza at Tokyo FC, and Vine on the south coast at Gosport Borough (which is by Portsmouth, but sounds like it is near Newcastle...)...... either way he is a duffer.

But we all know if the big club and big bucks come knocking on the door it will be hard to resist.

hopefully he does stay on but I must admit that ever since Stevie May's 'why would I want to leave here' interview on the pitch after the Cup Final I will just wait and see what happens; often what a player says and does are completely different once agents start bending their ear ...

Sandaza at Tokyo FC, and Vine on the south coast at Gosport Borough (which is by Portsmouth, but sounds like it is near Newcastle...)...... either way he is a duffer.

There's a naval base at Gosport,the company I work for does support work there, that's the  only reason I know where it is. Didn't realise that Sandaza was at Tokyo now though.

Gosport is the submarine base opposite the main Royal navy dock yard in Portsmouth, You went between the two by a ferry, it was a bit of a concrete jungle when I used to visit my Brother in law's who were both submariners at the time around 30 years ago now, I would say though that it is probable about twice the size of Perth population wise. if I remember it correctly.